The better place to talk football.

Juventus

football forum

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Let me put it to you this way @Dr. Gonzo 

If Ronaldo goes to Napoli, the club will have to own him 100%. Which means no sponsors, no brand recognition and possibly no Jorge Mendes. That doesn't help Ronaldo, especially with someone in his 30's. When Higuain joined Napoli, ADL insisted that he needed to own him 100%, when at one point Real Madrid still owned half of him. Its a real problem for the club and while it would be great to see Ronaldo at the Partenopei, its simply impossible for someone like him.

I feel like him being Ronaldo gives him more leverage than Higuan tbh.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Putting pineapple on pizza is a crime against pizza.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

And this is why I love you. 

I also love you...

What next I ask you, a small sprinkling of cheese on my ice cream cone??? I think not! 

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s won 5 CLs and is the top scoring European in international football.

He’s got nothing to prove to anybody. He could move to Accrington Stanley and keep his legacy intact.

he'll move to any club as long as they meet his wage demand of 500k per week ...  being the brand that he is, would it be a viable investment for any club to get his name on their shirts ??

3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

he'll move to any club as long as they meet his wage demand of 500k per week ...  being the brand that he is, would it be a viable investment for any club to get his name on their shirts ??

You and Gonzo both missed the point. Its not that he'll offer Napoli a better image, its that Napoli won't offer him a good image. If he goes he needs to give up sponsors, branding and possibly his agent as ADL insists that all players must be 100% owned by the club. Ronaldo going to Napoli isn't a problem to his legacy, no one is discussing that but it would hurt his commercial image and possibly his life long contract relationship with Mendes

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

You and Gonzo both missed the point. Its not that he'll offer Napoli a better image, its that Napoli won't offer him a good image. If he goes he needs to give up sponsors, branding and possibly his agent as ADL insists that all players must be 100% owned by the club. Ronaldo going to Napoli isn't a problem to his legacy, no one is discussing that but it would hurt his commercial image and possibly his life long contract relationship with Mendes

sorry my friend but i did not specify napoli.   i just said anywhere and i don't think napoli can afford him

There's no way Cristiano Ronaldo will go to a club where they want to own 100% of his image rights and neither should he do that because it's madness.  Even at double the wages he shouldn't do it because players don't only make as much if not more on their image rights but also sets them up for the future and THEY control that side of their brand and project designed to go along with who they are and what they're about.  It's not all about wages!

Infact when Cristiano threw that strop almost four years ago where he threatened to leave, Real Madrid renegotiated his image rights where they only controlled 20% and ended up being 8% with restricted decisions from the club. 

More news filtering through Spain to Italy that Real Madrid are about to accept Juventus' bid for Cristiano Ronaldo. But the amounts aren't as crazy as many would've thought...

The sum being talked about for the transfer fee is $117m which is just under £89m. 

ADL and Higuaín hate each other. So I don't see him going back to Napoli.

I really hope that the Ronaldo move to Juve does go through. Although I'd have preferred him to go to literally any other Serie A club, I think it'd be good for Serie A to get a bit more attention, like back when I was a kid. And they'll get shitloads of it because of the Ronaldo fanboyism that exists. I want Serie A to get more viewers so the clubs get more money so the league can compete financially better against England and Spain so they get a bit more glory back. In the 90s Italian football was just fucking fantastic, I loved it. It's a bit of a shock to see what the wealth inbalance & the strange way of youth development in Italy in combination sort of did to Italian football. I know the reasoning behind ending co-ownership of players was because of conflict of interest & match-fixing concerns... but it did a lot of good for Italian football at all levels in terms of youth development.

Anyways, I think Ronaldo to Juve would be cool. Let's have it happen, even though I really don't want Juve to keep winning the Scudetto.

34 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Seems like this time is for real. Ronaldo is rumored to be unhappy that he was valued at 100 million euros by Real. He feels unwanted by Madrid´s board. 

DhStFnEW4AE0R3A.jpg:large

As the MARCA front page alludes to... €100m for Cristiano Ronaldo means please leave if it’s true. 

Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus from Real Madrid is apparently hours away from being official!!!

I honestly didn’t ever see Cristiano moving but the signs have been there for quite some time to be honest. 

Is his son not part of the Real academy? 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He will tear Serie A apart.

He'll score more there than in Spain. Calcio A/Serie A isn't the same in terms of defensive nor tactical as it was in the 2000's. Players are scoring goals for fun there now.

Juventus desperate for the CL I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Some juventus fans are claiming it's a waste of money :dam:3-4 years of Ronald and the team will easily make that money back. Especially with the new stadium name rights deal, shirt sponsor, and merchandise, getting Ronaldo is a win win scenario for juventus. 

They want the CL. Guranteed. 

Obviously they are not contempt with Higuain alone. Can see Ronaldo being reverted back to LW 

• Administrator

This is a bit surreal. Thought he'd end his career at Real to be honest and if he was going to move, I didn't think it'd be to Juve. If anything I thought a move back to Utd might have happened.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

What does this mean for Bale I wonder @SirBalon

Hahaha... God knows mate! It’s a mystery as to what Real Madrid will be bringing in. I haven’t got a clue as to what could happen but it looks like there’s a number of changes on the horizon at Real Madrid. 

• The title was changed to Juventus

Archived