talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus

football forum

2 hours ago, Berserker said:

He'll go mate, Ronaldo is no longer the player he was when he played for UTD or when he first singed for Madrid, so they can't play together with Ronaldo as a winger like they did in Madrid anymore. Higuain was the highest paid player before Ronaldo and they cannot afford to have him not play every week, nor he will accept that. So i think he's about 70% likely to end up with a Chelsea shirt, unless Allegri plans to use Ronaldo in Mandzukic's role, but then again Ronaldo can't do all the backtracking and hard-work the former does.

Doubt we will be paying 60 million for HIguain. His signing makes sense however if it was between 30-40 million and Batshuayi was either sold or on loan for another season. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Harry said:

That's why he's the greatest of the current age. He has balls, knows how to win and isn't afraid to tackle new challenges. 

Good on him for giving a big boost to the serie A. I hope the league can leverage off the profile boost it gives them. 

we should add to his accolade for being the first player who's age is above 30 ( 33 ) to be bought with that kind of amount ..........

i'm expecting for him to be on a striker role coz he doesn't have the speed he used to.

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Doubt we will be paying 60 million for HIguain. His signing makes sense however if it was between 30-40 million and Batshuayi was either sold or on loan for another season. 

60 millions is a more than fair price, you won't find any striker than can guarantee 20+ goals per season for less. Before Ronaldo i wasn't sure he would leave but now i'm almost certain. And you will start idolising him should he sign along with that Serbian David Villa clone @True Blue or i will bully the fuck outta your pizza-loving self.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

60 millions is a more than fair price, you won't find any striker than can guarantee 20+ goals per season for less. Before Ronaldo i wasn't sure he would leave but now i'm almost certain. And you will start idolising him should he sign along with that Serbian David Villa clone @True Blue or i will bully the fuck outta your pizza-loving self.

We are not going to spend 60 million on a striker who turns 31 in December. 

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I think every Real Madrid fan in the world would love to see that given the destruction caused by him against their club over the past 12 years. But it's not happening :banana: 

i know what im about to say is bullshit, but messi should prove himself in another team.    ronaldo has done it with united and madrid and we'll wait to how he performs with Juve.    imo, i rate highly those players who have played at the same high level with different teams.   Zlatan is the prime example.   Ronaldhino too and so is Zidane and Figo and Henry ..... but Messi,  always in the protective bubble of barca's system

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, bozziovai said:

i know what im about to say is bullshit, but messi should prove himself in another team.    ronaldo has done it with united and madrid and we'll wait to how he performs with Juve.    imo, i rate highly those players who have played at the same high level with different teams.   Zlatan is the prime example.   Ronaldhino too and so is Zidane and Figo and Henry ..... but Messi,  always in the protective bubble of barca's system

A classic case of the Ronaldo Messi debate taking over people's perceptions of both players though.

They probably don't actually care about this rivalry half as much as the public do.

Both players have a huge range of great individual and team achievements, some of which are unique achievements that nobody in history has ever achieved before. Anyone can cherry pick a few sensational things Ronaldo has done that Messi hasn't and vice versa. 

A Ronaldo sympathiser could say yeah Ronaldo has won three of the top four domestic leagues in Europe, Messi hasn't won any outside Spain. Someone else can say Messi has more La Liga titles than Ronaldo, Ronaldo should stay at Real Madrid until he catches up otherwise that proves Messi is better.

It's a shame that people can't mention one player without the other being brought up. They both deserve to be appreciated for great careers without people trying to put one down in favour of the other.

I know you're only passing comment by the way, not trying to start a debate with you specifically as you've admitted what you've suggested is "bullshit".

On 7/10/2018 at 12:21, 6666 said:

People that use the moronic line of "They'll make that money back through shirt sales" should be thrown off a bridge.

Outside of the official stores, I imagine most cash goes to Adidas and the vendor. Why would Adidas pay Juventus if all the shirt sales go to Juventus? People don't understand how sponsorships work, it isn't a Juventus shirt, it is an Adidas shirt with Jj on it. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Outside of the official stores, I imagine most cash goes to Adidas and the vendor. Why would Adidas pay Juventus if all the shirt sales go to Juventus? People don't understand how sponsorships work, it isn't a Juventus shirt, it is an Adidas shirt with Jj on it. 

This is accurate. These shirts are made by Adidas (or whoever makes whatever club's shirt), sold to vendors - probably at a different rate when it's the club's official shop, but still sold to the vendors - and then the vendors make a bit of profit off it. Adidas might pay certain clubs a certain percentage off short sales if they sell particularly well... that really depends on the details of the agreements they've signed. But yeah, generally speaking you're spot on. It's not a Juventus shirt, it's an Adidas shirt with the Juventus/Jeep branding on it. Juve's just been paid a lot of money for Adidas to make the shirts for them.

as a madrid fan, how i wish in the coming UCL that madrid would meet up with juventus in the knock out stages and Ronaldo facking madrid and sending them out and do his outlandish celebration in front of that ungrateful Perez.

Cristiano-Ronaldo-Juventus-player.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo is to be presented today in Turin as a new player for Juventus.  Curiously it will be done behind closed doors with no access to the Juve fans which started to congregate in front of the Juventus Stadium in the early hours of this morning.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Cristiano-Ronaldo-Juventus-player.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo is to be presented today in Turin as a new player for Juventus.  Curiously it will be done behind closed doors with no access to the Juve fans which started to congregate in front of the Juventus Stadium in the early hours of this morning.

they're using a look-alike instead.

• The title was changed to Cristiano Ronaldo At Juventus
  • Administrator

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is "grateful for the opportunity" given to him by Juventus, as players of his age "usually go to Qatar or China".

The 33-year-old Portugal forward has joined the Italian champions for £99.2m after nine years at Real Madrid.

"To come to this club at this stage of my career, I am very happy," he said at his presentation in Turin.

Ronaldo also said he hopes to be the "lucky star" as the Italian side attempt to win the Champions League.

He added he had not received any other offers.

Ronaldo scored a club record 450 goals for Real - winning four Champions Leagues and La Liga twice - having joined from Manchester United in 2009.

A five-time Ballon D'Or winner - including last year - he led Portugal to victory at the 2016 European Championship.

"I want to win," he said. "I want to be the best. Who knows, maybe I will be awarded the Ballon d'Or again but things will happen naturally.

"It was difficult to win it in Manchester and Real Madrid, but maybe here? We will see."

Ronaldo said there were "many important things" that contributed to his decision.

"I am well - physically, mentally and emotionally," he said. "That is why I am so proud of being here and the way I have come here.

"I am different from all the other players who think that their career is over at my age, but I want to show the others that I am different. It is very emotional for me at the club now because I am not 23, I am 33.

"It gives me so much momentum for the future."

Juventus are Italy's most successful club, having won Serie A 34 times - including the last seven in a row - and the Coppa Italia on 13 occasions.

However, they have not won the Champions League since 1996, losing on their past five appearances in the final.

Ronaldo said: "I do know that the Champions League is a trophy every club would like to win. This is an option. We are going to fight not only for the Champions League but for the Serie A title.

"We know competition will be harsh but we must stay concentrated. I hope I can help Juventus win it. I hope I can be the lucky star of this club but we will see what happens.

"Juventus gave me a wonderful opportunity. I'm so grateful. They gave value to my football style so it's a step forward as I see it. Juventus can have many successes. They have won domestic cups and titles and reached Champions League finals.

"I am so proud they were interested in me. I hope I can take Juventus to an even higher level."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44852254

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Did he just take a sly dig at Xavi and Iniesta? 

think it was more at Youssouf Hadji & Marcel Desailly.

And anyway, Iniesta went to Japan xD 

For a side that have dominated the league for quite some time now their commercial revenue pales in significance to on-pitch success, so the move makes sense, even if they potentially change a winning formula to accommodate Ronaldo.

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Did he just take a sly dig at Xavi and Iniesta? 

If he did take a dig at them then he's an even bigger arsehole than he's been throughout most of his career.  A great player yes, but it doesn't stop you from being an utter imbecile like Maradona for example although in a very different way.

Anyway... Most of the digs have been aimed at Florentino Pérez and the fact he didn't get what he wanted once again after throwing his toys out of the pram like he did three years ago.  He's better off there to be honest... Juventus and Cristiano suit each other.

• The title was changed to Juventus

Archived