talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus

football forum

57 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's wrong with what he said? Most players do go and take oil money rather than continue to challenge themselves. Xavi is one of the most revolting, obsequious characters involved in football, even Ronaldo comes out better.

Image result for amen to that

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's wrong with what he said? Most players do go and take oil money rather than continue to challenge themselves. Xavi is one of the most revolting, obsequious characters involved in football, even Ronaldo comes out better.

Because what other players do with the remainder of their careers is of no importance to him considering he himself has cried a thousand times on what he’s getting paid. Taking digs at your professional colleagues doesn’t make you a better person. He should just concentrate on his career and leave anyone else out of it... But lauding himself isn’t unusual to be honest. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Antonio Cassano: "Cristiano Ronaldo is like Rafa Nadal and Leo Messi is like Roger Federer."

I'd say the opposite. Nadal just wins the French open (la liga) whereas ronaldo goes anywhere and wins in all conditions on all surfaces...

On 17/07/2018 at 20:58, SirBalon said:

Because what other players do with the remainder of their careers is of no importance to him considering he himself has cried a thousand times on what he’s getting paid. Taking digs at your professional colleagues doesn’t make you a better person. He should just concentrate on his career and leave anyone else out of it... But lauding himself isn’t unusual to be honest. 

Plenty of people love that about him. Like zlatan i think he uses that rep to his advantage for notoriety...

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd say the opposite. Nadal just wins the French open (la liga) whereas ronaldo goes anywhere and wins in all conditions on all surfaces...

Although Nadal has won most of his grand slams at Roland Garros, to say he is a won surface champion is ridiculous. How many French Open titles has Federer won?

• Roland Garros 11 titles (record)
  • Wimbledon 2 titles
  • US Open 3 titles
  • Australian Open 1 title
  • Olympic Gold 1 title
  • ATP Masters 32 titles
  • ATP 500 20 titles
  • ATP 250 9 titles
  • Davis Cup 4 titles

Thats definitely not just the French Open xD

You fail to understand what Antonio Cassano was saying with that statement but I'll add the rest of his comment in reference to that quote to Italian tv station Mediaset.

"Both players are out of this world but there is a difference between the two. For me Cristiano Ronaldo is more like Rafa Nadal because he's trained hard to transform himself into one of the best where Leo Messi was born this way and is more like Roger Federer who is naturally gifted."

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Plenty of people love that about him. Like zlatan i think he uses that rep to his advantage for notoriety...

Zlatan Ibrahimović is well known to use those quotes taking the piss out of the media and using it as humour.

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ibrahimovic has a wit, charm and humour that Ronaldo does not have. 

Anyway, the comparison is hardly insulting. Nadal is within touching distance of Federer's slam record, to say Nadal is just training hard is a bit insulting really. Likewise Ronaldo, he has tons of 'natural' attributes and ability, similarly Messi has worked very hard to be as good as he is.

• Subscriber

Oh my god, as if the Ronaldo v Messi and Federer v Nadal arguments aren't tedious enough when contained within the contexts of the different sports, we now want to combine the two biggest and most cringeworthy fanboy standoffs in this generation of sport into one debate? Actually kill me now.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh my god, as if the Ronaldo v Messi and Federer v Nadal arguments aren't tedious enough when contained within the contexts of the different sports, we now want to combine the two biggest and most cringeworthy fanboy standoffs in this generation of sport into one debate? Actually kill me now.

You are actually right but the only reason I posted it was because it didn't come from a fanboy but a respected Italian footballer who was questioned on the impact of Cristiano Ronaldo to Serie 'A'. Don't know if Cassano can be described as a fanboy.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You are actually right but the only reason I posted it was because it didn't come from a fanboy but a respected Italian footballer who was questioned on the impact of Cristiano Ronaldo to Serie 'A'. Don't know if Cassano can be described as a fanboy.

I'd use that term lightly when it comes to Cassano. xD

• Administrator

You can't compare the two debates at all.

Brave from Cassano to do so.

Like in football where we should just be grateful to witness Ronaldo and Messi play the game, in tennis it's the same where we've been able to witness Nadal and Federer do battle for such a long time.

In fact, one thing you can commend all 4 on is their longevity. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Cassano is a Messi fanboy! his son is named after Messi xD

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Are we really comparing Messi and Ronaldo to Tennis stars? Fuck me whatever next, synchronised swimming?! 

Give me strength (or AIDS). This debate is for children.

You give this forum enough AIDS.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Let’s start with girlfriends. (Wives not included B|).

Portuguese girlfriends in honour of the Portuguese player?

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Antonio Cassano: "Cristiano Ronaldo is like Rafa Nadal and Leo Messi is like Roger Federer."

haha fucking love this guy. as a character he is my #1 favorite Italian player of all time.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Juventus

Archived