• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Juventus

Recommended Posts

The very latest rumours are that Cristiano Ronaldo is about to leave Real Madrid and it's looking like it will indeed be Juventus. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest I prefer Roman style pizza to Neapolitan pizza. They eat too much pizza here in Naples and I'm a bit sick of it. xD

The crust is just so fucking great on Neapolitan pizzas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

The crust is just so fucking great on Neapolitan pizzas.

For me the crust on Neapolitan pizzas is just too soft.  That's why I prefer the style they use in the Lazio region (Rome) which is a bit crispier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me the crust on Neapolitan pizzas is just too soft.  That's why I prefer the style they use in the Lazio region (Rome) which is a bit crispier. 

Yeah my mum is the same, prefers those thinner crusts. I don’t like the crispy Roman crusts as much but when I had pizza in Naples, it changed my pizza eating world forever.

I’m sure one thing we can agree on is Italians that aren’t in the north of Italy sure can fucking cook.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fairly simple to make if you're that obsessive over it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah my mum is the same, prefers those thinner crusts. I don’t like the crispy Roman crusts as much but when I had pizza in Naples, it changed my pizza eating world forever.

I’m sure one thing we can agree on is Italians that aren’t in the north of Italy sure can fucking cook.

Food and football is all they talk about!  xD

The incredible thing about Neapolitan (Southern Italian food in general) cooking is that it's so simple and yet tastes so so bloody great.  But the ingredients have to be those from the region I've noticed because I've reproduced the same dish in London and it's not the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The very latest rumours are that Cristiano Ronaldo is about to leave Real Madrid and it's looking like it will indeed be Juventus. :o

How did this become Pizza talk? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue said:

How did this become Pizza talk? xD

I don't know, but it shows where the priorities really do lie with men because the latest news I posted some minutes ago was ignored. :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Food and football is all they talk about!  xD

The incredible thing about Neapolitan (Southern Italian food in general) cooking is that it's so simple and yet tastes so so bloody great.  But the ingredients have to be those from the region I've noticed because I've reproduced the same dish in London and it's not the same.

Yeah I’ve tried doing the same thing. It’s not the same. I’ve found a little Italian market by me (well I’ve found like 8, but I live close to SD’s Little Italy) and I buy shite imported from Italy to try to replicate it. I’ve come CLOSE but never exact.

Also I much prefer the idea of Ronaldo at Napoli than Juve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know, but it shows where the priorities really do lie with men because the latest news I posted some minutes ago was ignored. :rofl:

xD what can I say, I fucking love pizza

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Ronaldo will never go to Napoli. Its not the standard being lower than Madrid that's the problem - its the image rights issue. And someone with as big as image as Ronaldo wouldn't want to go there. Too risky for him.

Besides, Jorge Mendes will only ever send him to clubs of Real Madrid standard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ronaldo will never go to Napoli. Its not the standard being lower than Madrid that's the problem - its the image rights issue. And someone with as big as image as Ronaldo wouldn't want to go there. Too risky for him.

Besides, Jorge Mendes will only ever send him to clubs of Real Madrid standard. 

He’s won 5 CLs and is the top scoring European in international football.

He’s got nothing to prove to anybody. He could move to Accrington Stanley and keep his legacy intact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also I much prefer the idea of Ronaldo at Napoli than Juve.

The Napoli thing is impossible mate.  He'll fit in perfectly at Juventus to be honest... xD

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD what can I say, I fucking love pizza

Mate... Food is the most important thing. That comes first in my books! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s won 5 CLs and is the top scoring European in international football.

He’s got nothing to prove to anybody. He could move to Accrington Stanley and keep his legacy intact.

ADL wants all the image rights belonging to Napoli and this makes it difficult to Ronaldo to have sponsors, which would hurt him significatly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Let me put it to you this way @Dr. Gonzo 

If Ronaldo goes to Napoli, the club will have to own him 100%. Which means no sponsors, no brand recognition and possibly no Jorge Mendes. That doesn't help Ronaldo, especially with someone in his 30's. When Higuain joined Napoli, ADL insisted that he needed to own him 100%, when at one point Real Madrid still owned half of him. Its a real problem for the club and while it would be great to see Ronaldo at the Partenopei, its simply impossible for someone like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2018 at 14:05, Cicero said:

He's not going anywhere.

His life is extremely settled in Madrid, and it's not like he's showing any signs of slowing down (goal scoring wise). 

Isn't his son also part of the Real academy?

Can't see it. Although Juve would seem like more of a possible destination than the step down that is Manchester United under Mourinho. 

At his age, he’s not going to win a World Cup now and domestic titles won’t interest him that much. He wants money and adulation. He’d get both in abundance. Still never going to happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD what can I say, I fucking love pizza

Tell me you’d never put pineapple anywhere near one and I’ll believe you.

Also, fuck you @Tommy

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Let me put it to you this way @Dr. Gonzo 

If Ronaldo goes to Napoli, the club will have to own him 100%. Which means no sponsors, no brand recognition and possibly no Jorge Mendes. That doesn't help Ronaldo, especially with someone in his 30's. When Higuain joined Napoli, ADL insisted that he needed to own him 100%, when at one point Real Madrid still owned half of him. Its a real problem for the club and while it would be great to see Ronaldo at the Partenopei, its simply impossible for someone like him.

I feel like him being Ronaldo gives him more leverage than Higuan tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Tell me you’d never put pineapple anywhere near one and I’ll believe you.

Also, fuck you @Tommy

Putting pineapple on pizza is a crime against pizza.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Putting pineapple on pizza is a crime against pizza.

And this is why I love you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Putting pineapple on pizza is a crime against pizza.

It sounds like what a pregnant woman would do! :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Putting pineapple on pizza is a crime against pizza.

 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

And this is why I love you. 

I also love you...

What next I ask you, a small sprinkling of cheese on my ice cream cone??? I think not! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s won 5 CLs and is the top scoring European in international football.

He’s got nothing to prove to anybody. He could move to Accrington Stanley and keep his legacy intact.

he'll move to any club as long as they meet his wage demand of 500k per week ...  being the brand that he is, would it be a viable investment for any club to get his name on their shirts ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

he'll move to any club as long as they meet his wage demand of 500k per week ...  being the brand that he is, would it be a viable investment for any club to get his name on their shirts ??

You and Gonzo both missed the point. Its not that he'll offer Napoli a better image, its that Napoli won't offer him a good image. If he goes he needs to give up sponsors, branding and possibly his agent as ADL insists that all players must be 100% owned by the club. Ronaldo going to Napoli isn't a problem to his legacy, no one is discussing that but it would hurt his commercial image and possibly his life long contract relationship with Mendes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Blue said:

You and Gonzo both missed the point. Its not that he'll offer Napoli a better image, its that Napoli won't offer him a good image. If he goes he needs to give up sponsors, branding and possibly his agent as ADL insists that all players must be 100% owned by the club. Ronaldo going to Napoli isn't a problem to his legacy, no one is discussing that but it would hurt his commercial image and possibly his life long contract relationship with Mendes

sorry my friend but i did not specify napoli.   i just said anywhere and i don't think napoli can afford him

Edited by bozziovai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way Cristiano Ronaldo will go to a club where they want to own 100% of his image rights and neither should he do that because it's madness.  Even at double the wages he shouldn't do it because players don't only make as much if not more on their image rights but also sets them up for the future and THEY control that side of their brand and project designed to go along with who they are and what they're about.  It's not all about wages!

Infact when Cristiano threw that strop almost four years ago where he threatened to leave, Real Madrid renegotiated his image rights where they only controlled 20% and ended up being 8% with restricted decisions from the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More news filtering through Spain to Italy that Real Madrid are about to accept Juventus' bid for Cristiano Ronaldo. But the amounts aren't as crazy as many would've thought...

The sum being talked about for the transfer fee is $117m which is just under £89m. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ADL and Higuaín hate each other. So I don't see him going back to Napoli.

I really hope that the Ronaldo move to Juve does go through. Although I'd have preferred him to go to literally any other Serie A club, I think it'd be good for Serie A to get a bit more attention, like back when I was a kid. And they'll get shitloads of it because of the Ronaldo fanboyism that exists. I want Serie A to get more viewers so the clubs get more money so the league can compete financially better against England and Spain so they get a bit more glory back. In the 90s Italian football was just fucking fantastic, I loved it. It's a bit of a shock to see what the wealth inbalance & the strange way of youth development in Italy in combination sort of did to Italian football. I know the reasoning behind ending co-ownership of players was because of conflict of interest & match-fixing concerns... but it did a lot of good for Italian football at all levels in terms of youth development.

Anyways, I think Ronaldo to Juve would be cool. Let's have it happen, even though I really don't want Juve to keep winning the Scudetto.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like this time is for real. Ronaldo is rumored to be unhappy that he was valued at 100 million euros by Real. He feels unwanted by Madrid´s board. 

 

DhStFnEW4AE0R3A.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Seems like this time is for real. Ronaldo is rumored to be unhappy that he was valued at 100 million euros by Real. He feels unwanted by Madrid´s board. 

 

DhStFnEW4AE0R3A.jpg:large

As the MARCA front page alludes to... €100m for Cristiano Ronaldo means please leave if it’s true. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement