• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus

football forum

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Machado said:

The man can take a challenge. No China, MLS, or any of that bollocks. Man United, Real Madrid, Juventus. Difficult to imagine a better career.

Seems like he has a similar idea of what a challenge is to Pep Guardiola.

• Subscriber

Looking forward to seeing this. Also looking forward to see how Real Madrid react and whether they come in for Hazard, Kane, Salah, Mbappe.

Could be one of those summers with a major domino effect. Hopefully no English clubs get fucked over by Madrid forcing their hand with ridiculous money after the English transfer window closes.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

The man can take a challenge. No China, MLS, or any of that bollocks. Man United, Real Madrid, Juventus. Difficult to imagine a better career.

Obviously a competitive move as opposed to going to France or America, but Juve have won the league 7 times in a row. I'd say this is more of a formality if anything regarding silverware in Italy.

Interesting transfer for the Italian calcio but too bad he is 33 and not 23 (like when Real signed him) he has not much time to leave his mark on Campionato. moreover Serie A is way more difficult league with stiff defensive lines which make it harder to score, dribble etc

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

Obviously a competitive move as opposed to going to France or America, but Juve have won the league 7 times in a row. I'd say this is more of a formality if anything regarding silverware in Italy.

He's not going there to simply win the Serie A.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

He's not going there to simply win the Serie A.

Exactly. The challenge is to win the Champions League. It´s been more than 2 decades without an UCL title.

I read that Juve will have to sell 3 players in order to pay for this transfer. Higuaín, Alex Sandro and Rugani?

30 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Exactly. The challenge is to win the Champions League. It´s been more than 2 decades without an UCL title.

I read that Juve will have to sell 3 players in order to pay for this transfer. Higuaín, Alex Sandro and Rugani?

On top of the CL he'll want to be top scorer, European Golden boot, Ballon D'or again. That is his personal challenge... to do it all again in the Serie A. Anyone who doubts this doesn't know Ronaldo well. He doesn't want an happy retirement just yet.

I think Juventus will only sell players they consider not needed in order to challenge for the CL. If Higuain is part of that group I don't know...

16 hours ago, Machado said:

That's why he's the greatest of the current age. He has balls, knows how to win and isn't afraid to tackle new challenges. 

Good on him for giving a big boost to the serie A. I hope the league can leverage off the profile boost it gives them. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I find it hard to believe that they will sell Higuain, he has so much to give still and selling him would leave a hole in attack. 

Personally, I'd have put off the signing of Douglas Costa from Bayern, he isn't needed for me.

He'll go mate, Ronaldo is no longer the player he was when he played for UTD or when he first singed for Madrid, so they can't play together with Ronaldo as a winger like they did in Madrid anymore. Higuain was the highest paid player before Ronaldo and they cannot afford to have him not play every week, nor he will accept that. So i think he's about 70% likely to end up with a Chelsea shirt, unless Allegri plans to use Ronaldo in Mandzukic's role, but then again Ronaldo can't do all the backtracking and hard-work the former does.

Fiat workers strike over Ronaldo

An Italian trade union has announced that Fiat workers at its Melfi plant down south will go on strike over Cristiano Ronaldo’s €105m transfer to Juventus.

It is thought some of that fee will be paid through sponsorships by Juve’s parent company Exor, which owns the likes of FIAT and Ferrari, prompting a furious backlash from the Unione Sindacale di Base.

“It’s unacceptable that while FCA and CNHI workers continue to make huge economic sacrifices, the company then spends hundreds of millions of euros on the purchase of a player,” it said in a statement.

“We’re told that times are tough, that we need to resort to social safety nets, waiting for the launch of new models, which never arrive.

“And while the workers and their families tighten their belts more and more, the company decides to invest a lot of money on a single human resource!

“Is this fair? It is normal for one person to earn millions, while thousands of families can’t even get to the middle of the month?

“We’re all employees of the same owner, but this difference in treatment cannot and must not be accepted.

“The Fiat workers have made the company’s fortune for at least three generations, but in return they have only ever received a life of misery.

“The company should invest in car models that guarantee the futures of thousands of people, rather than enriching only one.

“That should be the objective, a company that puts the interests of their employees first. If it isn’t, it’s because they prefer the world of football, entertainment and everything else.

“For the reasons described above, the Unione Sindacale di Base has declared a strike at FCA Melfi between 10pm on Sunday July 15 and 6pm on Tuesday July 17.”

https://www.football-italia.net/124305/fiat-workers-strike-over-ronaldo

• The title was changed to Juventus

Archived