talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super Cup 2018: REAL MADRID 2-4 ATLÉTICO MADRID (aet)

football forum

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

These teams haven't treated it like a friendly. Although since it went 3-2 Real Madrid seem to have started acting like they're not arsed. The real life equivalent of when you know you've lost a game of FIFA to your mate so you make your keeper come out to the halfway line when you don't have the ball to make it seem like you were never trying.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

These teams haven't treated it like a friendly.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ha, I know it's just a glorified friendly (between rivals though), but get fucked Real Madrid.

Given previous major choking efforts by Atlético against Real Madrid in one-game finals, a positive result for Atlético here may be somewhat meaningful.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ha, I know it's just a glorified friendly (between rivals though), but get fucked Real Madrid.

I don't know how you can say things like that mate... I am genuinely gutted that Real are losing.. 

I mean I just keep thinking about poor Ramos and how he will feel trudging off the pitch at full time... 

Just now, Kowabunga said:

Given previous major choking efforts by Atlético against Real Madrid in one-game finals, a positive result for Atlético here may be somewhat meaningful.

Or just losing against Real in general...

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If anyone is thinking to belittle this as a glorified friendly, think again! They played against eachother and this game up for a trophy is never even any kind of a friendly. 

all super cups are glorified friendlies and its stupid to count these trophies in their trophy count... its just that this game faetured city rivals, they both wanted to win so bad. You dont win a trophy by playing one match (or a two legged tie)... 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

all super cups are glorified friendlies and its stupid to count these trophies in their trophy count... its just that this game faetured city rivals, they both wanted to win so bad. You dont win a trophy by playing one match (or a two legged tie)... 

I get what you mean but this DOES count totally as a trophy. And the fact it was between these two, trust me! It was no friendly. This was full on with nothing reserved.

diego-costa-firmo-doblete-tallin-1534362

When you have players like Godín or that creature in the picture with the 19 shirt, you’ve always got more than just a decent crack of the whip. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

I get what you mean but this DOES count totally as a trophy. And the fact it was between these two, trust me! It was no friendly. This was full on with nothing reserved.

diego-costa-firmo-doblete-tallin-1534362

When you have players like Godín or that creature in the picture with the 19 shirt, you’ve always got more than just a decent crack of the whip. 

I didnt say either of the teams played today's game as a friendly. But in reality this match should be treated as one and also not count these trophies in their count..

• The topic was unpinned

Archived