talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super Cup 2018: REAL MADRID 2-4 ATLÉTICO MADRID (aet)

football forum

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If anyone is thinking to belittle this as a glorified friendly, think again! They played against eachother and this game up for a trophy is never even any kind of a friendly. 

Spanish teams always seem to take it seriously even when it isn't a derby. But this game was more  intense than normal

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Asura said:

I didnt say either of the teams played today's game as a friendly. But in reality this match should be treated as one and also not count these trophies in their count..

It's not a major trophy but it is still worth winning

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's not a major trophy but it is still worth winning

ofcourse any team wants to win every single game.. not denying that but my point is that you dont win an official trophy by playing one match... its pretty stupid for clubs to count them in their official trophy number..... This is equivalent to the FA charity shield on european level, both arent really trophies tbf

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

ofcourse any team wants to win every single game.. not denying that but my point is that you dont win an official trophy by playing one match... its pretty stupid for clubs to count them in their official trophy number..... This is equivalent to the FA charity shield on european level, both arent really trophies tbf

Both trophies use to appear in my premier league sticker book :DOfficially though it is a trophy so think its ok to include it as apart of your history.  But a bit daft when manager's claim they have won trophies and include it.  Seems like a bit of a contradiction but I know what I mean :ph34r:

Anyway... a bit of banter with some Spanish memes.

img_edmartinez_20180815-224548_imagenes_

Why more signings?

With me it’s enough!

img_edmartinez_20180815-224549_imagenes_

Ramos’ elbows are recognised as marking his territory and to intimidate the attackers. 

Elbows by Costa or Suárez are because they’re violent and pigs.

13 minutes ago, Asura said:

Of course it’s a trophy mate. And it does go on the club trophy honours list. xD

The Supercups (charity shield) are minor trophies but they are trophies. Plus the European Super Cup does have more meaning.

I think you’re talking about things like the Emirates Cup and the like. 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why more signings?

With me it’s enough!

Ramos’ elbows are recognised as marking his territory and to intimidate the attackers. 

If I were a Madridista I'd get a fucking nose bleed from seeing Benzema with the armband. Yep, a cretinous, blackmailing moron is the representative of the club!

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Why more signings?

With me it’s enough!

He will get a lot more respect if he pees to mark his area or throw poop at the pitch rather than elbowing and dislocating his opponents sholder :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

He will get a lot more respect if he pees to mark his area or throw poop at the pitch rather than elbowing and dislocating his opponents sholder :ph34r:

That meme you're referring to is actually directed at the Spanish sports media.  In Spain Ramos' dirty tactics are manipulated to translate into good hard defending while others like the examples of Costa and Suárez when doing the same thing are publicised as just dirty players.

9 hours ago, Asura said:

I didnt say either of the teams played today's game as a friendly. But in reality this match should be treated as one and also not count these trophies in their count..

dude, this isn't a friendly by a means.    and this trophy should be counted and be respected in the highest order.

remember on HOW these teams get into this game.     you should win the UCL and the Europa to be able to play this game.   so this game has meaning.

i did not watch the game though, but seeing the final result, as a madrid fan, i smiled a mile wide.    up your arse Perez !!!!

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Oh come on now. Depending on who you listen to Diego Costa gets just as much adulation for being confrontational and bending the rules because he's a "beast" or a "monster" that "everyone would love to have on their team" as Ramos does. Suarez gets the same sort of adulation to a lesser extent but to be fair you can see why with the reputation of going a bit further on the wrong side of the line with the other two with things like biting opponents.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived