talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

• The title was changed to Gareth Bale - Forced to Leave Real Madrid After Disputes With Zidane
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Batard said:

They are both of Algerian descent, which may sound like it's going to be xenophobic, but what I mean is growing up in France after the war with Algeria with Algerian parents, prejudice was real. Something like that can lead to someone to exude a steely determination and a "fuck you, I'll show you" attitude. 

I’ve heard and read up a lot on this. Some of it from French Algerians (born in France) and some of it from regular French folk. One of my French friends who is from a small town in the Alps but lived for three years in Paris is very sympathetic to how they feel because of the treatment during colonial years but another French pal from Strasbourg hates them and says they’re ungrateful.  

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve heard and read up a lot on this. Some of it from French Algerians (born in France) and some of it from regular French folk. One of my French friends who is from a small town in the Alps but lived for three years in Paris is very sympathetic to how they feel because of the treatment during colonial years but another French pal from Strasbourg hates them and says they’re ungrateful.  

I think it's unwise to call Algerian immigrants that were subjugated under a French oppressive regime "ungrateful". It may take many more generations before much of the resentment passes. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I do wonder whether Bale would been a greater success at Real Madrid if he was of Spanish or Portuguese see descent...

He’s been shit for Real Madrid taking into account the amount of time he’s been there.

I can’t be bothered to translate it but on this link below, this journalist summarises the issue to perfection.

One of the journalist’s quotes;

”yes it’s true that Bale turned up with decisive goals in those Champions League finals and there’s that moment in the Copa del Rey Final against Barcelona where he took advantage of Barcelona’s whole right-side caught going forward. But Bale is on €20m a season after tax and nobody’s kidding anybody because Bale has been a disaster which is why nobody wants to sign him and why he’s (Bale) not stupid and well within his rights of earning a world class salary for below mediocre football,”

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/real-madrid/20190721/463625166998/bale-real-madrid-zidane.html

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He’s been shit for Real Madrid taking into account the amount of time he’s been there.

I can’t be bothered to translate it but on this link below, this journalist summarises the issue to perfection.

One of the journalist’s quotes;

”yes it’s true that Bale turned up with decisive goals in those Champions League finals and there’s that moment in the Copa del Rey Final against Barcelona where he took advantage of Barcelona’s whole right-side caught going forward. But Bale is on €20m a season after tax and nobody’s kidding anybody because Bale has been a disaster which is why nobody wants to sign him and why he’s (Bale) not stupid and well within his rights of earning a world class salary for below mediocre football,”

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/real-madrid/20190721/463625166998/bale-real-madrid-zidane.html

Yes but prior to going there his football was exceptional and you do wonder how he would have fared if he'd signed for Man United or even remained with Tottenham.

He always looked out of place in Madrid and he appears not to have helped his cause in terms of integration to the Spanish culture and way of life which ultimately exacerbates any likeability problems he has and comes across as a sign of disrespect. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I do wonder whether Bale would been a greater success at Real Madrid if he was of Spanish or Portuguese see descent...

I think yes, but mostly just because he wouldn't have needed to adapt to the culture so much. It's still on him for showing basically no interest in adapting. 

It's well known that he doesn't take part in stuff like team dinners because he still eats at British meal times. Its stuff like that which exacerbates the language thing. After 6 years, he still lives like a British person in Spain, as opposed to someone who has embraced the way of life in what should be his home. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

His failure to learn Spanish also goes against him. He has lived in Spain for 6 years for fuck sake, its just embarrassing.

Hit the nail on the head there, FFS, 6 years, if you live in a country that long doing a trade you have to learn the language, can't say me & the wife spoke fluent German when I was in the army but the 4 years we lived there we got by with our German and mixed with German people. 

17 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Hit the nail on the head there, FFS, 6 years, if you live in a country that long doing a trade you have to learn the language, can't say me & the wife spoke fluent German when I was in the army but the 4 years we lived there we got by with our German and mixed with German people. 

Definitely mate, Real probably have access to some of the best linguistic teachers around as well. Absolutely no excuse to not be able to hold a decent conversation with his teammates. 

26 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I have no idea where that rumour is genuinely sourced from but the real news is that Bale is contemplating a deal that sees him move to China for a shorterm at least. An unspecified Chinese football club would take the Welsh player on a loan deal where they would pay his extraordinary wages.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea where that rumour is genuinely sourced from but the real news is that Bale is contemplating a deal that sees him move to China for a shorterm at least. An unspecified Chinese football club would take the Welsh player on a loan deal where they would pay his extraordinary wages.

Florentino has always admired Neymar's football and Real has more players to offer and more money to spend this summer than Barcelona. I can see a fit if Real really wants it. 

One thing I read and it makes sense, is that a Neymar move to Real Madrid is better for PSG than a move to Barça, because it probably rule out a Mbappé transfer to Madrid in the next few years. In that sense, PSG could accept Bale + money for Neymar.  

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

La chèvre putain de piqûre galloise a besoin de se couper les cheveux, la grande fille ..je vais le niquer  

Google translation Man City style xD

The goat fucking Welsh sting needs to cut his hair, the big girl .. I'm going to fuck him

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Florentino has always admired Neymar's football and Real has more players to offer and more money to spend this summer than Barcelona. I can see a fit if Real really wants it. 

One thing I read and it makes sense, is that a Neymar move to Real Madrid is better for PSG than a move to Barça, because it probably rule out a Mbappé transfer to Madrid in the next few years. In that sense, PSG could accept Bale + money for Neymar.  

The main reason behind any move of Neymar to Real Madrid from PSG is down to pride from the French club’s side of things. I’m upto date on everything and I get it completely.

His move to Real Madrid would be a great one and I personally hope it happens tbh. I hope he never goes back to Barça. The move to Paris Saint-Germain though, turned out to be as I said. A ridiculous move from a career perspective for Neymar (years lost) and from what HE really wants which is to go back to Barcelona. Hopefully he doesn’t get his wish.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a4c6d033aff995c2951bf444e574e4e7.png

Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan are keen on signing Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale. They want to make the 30-year-old Wales international the highest-paid player in Chinese football history. (Telegraph

Manchester United, who have previously been strongly linked with a move for Bale, do not intend to sign him. (Manchester Evening News)

• Subscriber

He'll go to China and its only because its the lowest risk factor he will be afforded at this point in time. His credibility in European football is literally in tatters and the Chinese will take anyone they can to their football league. He should go even if it is short-term. That kind of money won't come around very often for him.

20 hours ago, SirBalon said:

You heard it here first 20hrs ago when there were all sorts of rumours. ^_^

For me a move to China will just give me more fuel to throw shit at him although I’m still living in hope that he takes the swap deal with PSG for Neymar going the other way... If it’s actually true!

Not that PSG is very different to China (with all due respects to the genuine historic clubs in France) as Neymar found out. But at least I won’t see that geezer (Neymar) putting on the Barça jersey ever again.

• The title was changed to Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

Archived