Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
The Palace Fan

Gareth Bale - Leaving Real Madrid?

Having been a periphery figure in the Champions League knockout stages, Gareth Bale will be hoping his league form (eight goals in his last eight games) sways Zinedine Zidane when the Frenchman picks his starting XI for the Champions League final on Saturday.

Bale has played just shy of 100 minutes in Europe since February, while the decision to haul him off at half-time in their quarter-final second leg against Juventus added to the speculation his days at the Bernabeu are numbered.

"You can never rule out anything in football," Bale told Bild when asked about a potential move to Bayern Munich, while the Wales international has also been regularly linked with a move to Manchester United.

don't ruin your career, Gareth. 

You're better off going back to Spurs than get ruined by Jose. 

So the quote is about Bayern Munich yet the story is about United? :coffee:

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

don't ruin your career, Gareth. 

You're better off going back to Spurs than get ruined by Jose. 

We couldn't afford the wages

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

We couldn't afford the wages

what's he on at Real?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's he on at Real?

Like 350k after tax xD

Oh, what's occurring? Where to then Gaz? Munich? North London? West London? Manchester? Turin?

• Haha 1

Tottenham is unlikely in my opinion. Don't think they'll pay the fee and don't think they're stupid enough to accept a cash + Bale deal for Kane.

Man Utd might be interested as it's not what they need but it'll create headlines and continue the tradition, since Alex Ferguson left, of signing big names just for the sake of it and their fans claiming they're going to walk the league.

Chelsea could also be a likely destination especially with rumours of Hazard wanting out. A potential Hazard/Bale swap could happen. This is the one that makes most sense.

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Tottenham is unlikely in my opinion. Don't think they'll pay the fee and don't think they're stupid enough to accept a cash + Bale deal for Kane.

Man Utd might be interested as it's not what they need but it'll create headlines and continue the tradition, since Alex Ferguson left, of signing big names just for the sake of it and their fans claiming they're going to walk the league.

Chelsea could also be a likely destination especially with rumours of Hazard wanting out. A potential Hazard/Bale swap could happen. This is the one that makes most sense.

I reckon Spurs could cover the fee but the wages will be the issue as if Bale can just come in and get a high wage, why can't the rest of the team. Unlikely but it'd be decent to see him at Spurs rather than anyone else.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

No, it doesn't 

On 27/05/2018 at 02:04, Danny said:

I reckon Spurs could cover the fee but the wages will be the issue as if Bale can just come in and get a high wage, why can't the rest of the team. Unlikely but it'd be decent to see him at Spurs rather than anyone else.

Correct, fee isn’t an issue - wages are

I maintain Man Utd will be where he ends up. Have said it for a long time.

I think Tottenham could probably afford both his fee and wages but they won't pay the wages as it breaks the structure, which could do more harm than good.

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Couldn't he take a pay cut?

Why'd he do that when Man Utd or PSG would probably pay it?

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Why'd he do that when Man Utd or PSG would probably pay it?

Well chamberline did. Depends what you want. 

43 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He'd walk into your squad

Nice.

Not really my point is it? 

his wages will be the issue for most clubs who want him aside from united and even then his health would be a worry with such high wages

2 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

his wages will be the issue for most clubs who want him aside from united and even then his health would be a worry with such high wages

How come he hasn't been linked with you?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Nice.

Not really my point is it? 

I appear to have misunderstood you. How unlike me :ph34r:

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

How come he hasn' been linked with you?

There's no interest from us it seems. we still have a wage structure too so his wages wouldn't work given what others are on which are still lower than his wages. It's why I don't see Neymar or Mbappe coming here either.

If Man City are actually signing Mahrez, do they really need Bale as well as already having Bernardo Silva, Sterling and Sane? I get having strength in depth but that's absurd.

I dont understand how anybody in one of the competitive top leagues is going to pay the wages. He will also be leaving behind a garden that has replicas of the three best golf courses in the world, which sounds dreamy.

He's better off trying to force his way in to making Zidane choose a system that accommodates himself, Isco, Asensio and Ronaldo.

I think signing Gareth Bale is a straight sacking offence for any manager due to the time he is unavailable because whatever injury is flavour of his month and does not become the main reason for any silverware brought to the club.

Wonderful player when fit, complete liability at all other times. Plus, it must be taken into account by any team who sign him, our officials had his number at diving at speed into the box before he left, so one would imagine they havent changed their mind on him which will rule out 15-20% of his football production.

United would be perfect for him and everyone else!

5 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I think signing Gareth Bale is a straight sacking offence for any manager due to the time he is unavailable because whatever injury is flavour of his month and does not become the main reason for any silverware brought to the club.

Wonderful player when fit, complete liability at all other times. Plus, it must be taken into account by any team who sign him, our officials had his number at diving at speed into the box before he left, so one would imagine they havent changed their mind on him which will rule out 15-20% of his football production.

United would be perfect for him and everyone else!

No they wouldn't.   I feel the same way as you do, great player when healthy but he will miss half our games through injury.  Perhaps Cheslsea can do a swap deal Hazard and Courtois for Bale.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

No they wouldn't.   I feel the same way as you do, great player when healthy but he will miss half our games through injury.  Perhaps Cheslsea can do a swap deal Hazard and Courtois for Bale.

Haha, but United have a need to make a statement according to your Muppet disciple Gary Neville. That's what he said when Juventus took your pants down for Pogba and last season your same need saw you outbid City for Sanchez (Although I think he has one great season in him). Bale fits that criteria as a big name over rated baggage filled signing United seem to be attracted too these days. What a statement to make mate..... 200 Million for a bloke who has treatment rooms all over europe named after him!

At least if you do get him, it will allow Jose to fix your left back problem!

Gareth Bale's future at Real Madrid will become clearer next week as he holds his first face-to-face talks with new coach Julen Lopetegui, according to Sky sources.

The majority of Real's players will return to training next week with Bale keen to know what role he will have in Lopetegui's plans as he prepares for his first La Liga campaign at the Bernabeu.

Sky Sports News understands that Bale's representatives are also due to travel to Madrid in the next fortnight for talks with club president Florentino Perez to discuss the Wales international's future in the Spanish capital.

Madrid have been linked with summer moves for Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Eden Hazard. However, they may be unwilling to lose Bale following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.

The news comes amid renewed reports on Thursday that Manchester United are keen to bring Bale back to the Premier League. However, Sky Sports News understands that no official negotiations have taken place as of yet.

LaLiga Santander

Bale exhausts his final life at Real Madrid

20/02/2019 15:40 CET

The end of February is approaching and in the first season after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale has been unable to make the step up at Real Madrid that many inside the club hoped he would.

In fact, the Welshman is finding it difficult to even get in the starting line-up as Santiago Solari prefers Vinicius Junior, an 18-year-old who had never played in Europe prior to this season, and Bale's cameo appearances are doing little to help his cause.

Since returning from injury on 27 January, he has started just twice, against Alaves and Ajax, while his display after coming on as a substitute at home to Girona last weekend was not the sort of performance expected from a player who was tipped to succeed Ronaldo upon his arrival from Tottenham in 2013.

There have been many discussions at Madrid about whether to move on from the 29-year-old, but the aspiration was that he would take his game to another level after Ronaldo's exit for Juventus and would become the team's leader on the pitch, especially after his brace against Liverpool in the Champions League final last season.

Bale had actually considered leaving after that final, but the departure of Ronaldochanged everything; he finally had his chance to become the main man and in his sixth season in Madrid, the opportunity was there.

Both Julen Lopetegui and Solari have given him plenty of chances to prove what he is capable of, so often seen in glimpses during his time with Los Blancos, yet their public compliments have not been rewarded by Bale on the pitch. Instead, it is Karim Benzema who has taken the mantle that was left when Ronaldo joined Juventus.

Not only is Vinicius in the team ahead of the Welshman now, but also Lucas Vazquez, Madrid's tireless worker on the right wing. Zinedine Zidane would often prefer playing Vazquez, or Isco in a four-man midfield, rather than opt for Bale, and Solari has continued that by regularly favouring Vazquez over Bale. His 12 goals in 30 games are insufficient for what was expected of him before the season started.

As they have done in recent summers, the departure of Bale is being considered, but this time it feels like it could be definitive. The resurgence of Benzema post-Ronaldo, coupled with the emergence of Vinicius, means that the former Tottenham star is expendable and Madrid could look to use the funds from his sale to strengthen the squad.

Bale has a contract with the club until 2022 and will be 30 in the summer, yet despite his underwhelming performances in the Spanish capital, his market value has remained high in England as Chelsea and Manchester United have both pondered moves for him, and a return to Tottenham should not be ruled out either.

For Madrid, Chelsea and Tottenham stand out in particular as they both have players that they are interested in: Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen. As such, Bale could be used as a bargaining chip in either deal.

There is still an appreciation for Bale by those inside the club at Madrid as he has been decisive in finals, but his regular injury problems, his failure to acclimatise to life in Spain, such as speaking the language, and his inability to put the team on his back outweigh the benefits of having him in the squad, rather than the likes of Hazard or Eriksen.

Nevertheless, the player wants to remain at Madrid and see out his contract, and the only way that he would leave is if Florentino Perez told him that the club no longer counted on him and would welcome offers.

Perhaps Bale could heed Marcelo's advice: "If they do not want me, they can pay me and I'll go."

This situation will likely find a resolution towards the end of the season as there is still plenty of time for the Welsh international to change people's minds. There is no doubt, though, that Bale has not been the player that Madrid hoped he would be, both with and without Ronaldo.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/02/20/5c6d6521e2704ed11f8b463b.html