talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

Having been a periphery figure in the Champions League knockout stages, Gareth Bale will be hoping his league form (eight goals in his last eight games) sways Zinedine Zidane when the Frenchman picks his starting XI for the Champions League final on Saturday.

Bale has played just shy of 100 minutes in Europe since February, while the decision to haul him off at half-time in their quarter-final second leg against Juventus added to the speculation his days at the Bernabeu are numbered.

"You can never rule out anything in football," Bale told Bild when asked about a potential move to Bayern Munich, while the Wales international has also been regularly linked with a move to Manchester United.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

don't ruin your career, Gareth. 

You're better off going back to Spurs than get ruined by Jose. 

We couldn't afford the wages

Tottenham is unlikely in my opinion. Don't think they'll pay the fee and don't think they're stupid enough to accept a cash + Bale deal for Kane.

Man Utd might be interested as it's not what they need but it'll create headlines and continue the tradition, since Alex Ferguson left, of signing big names just for the sake of it and their fans claiming they're going to walk the league.

Chelsea could also be a likely destination especially with rumours of Hazard wanting out. A potential Hazard/Bale swap could happen. This is the one that makes most sense.

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Tottenham is unlikely in my opinion. Don't think they'll pay the fee and don't think they're stupid enough to accept a cash + Bale deal for Kane.

Man Utd might be interested as it's not what they need but it'll create headlines and continue the tradition, since Alex Ferguson left, of signing big names just for the sake of it and their fans claiming they're going to walk the league.

Chelsea could also be a likely destination especially with rumours of Hazard wanting out. A potential Hazard/Bale swap could happen. This is the one that makes most sense.

I reckon Spurs could cover the fee but the wages will be the issue as if Bale can just come in and get a high wage, why can't the rest of the team. Unlikely but it'd be decent to see him at Spurs rather than anyone else.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

No, it doesn't 

• Subscriber
On 27/05/2018 at 02:04, Danny said:

I reckon Spurs could cover the fee but the wages will be the issue as if Bale can just come in and get a high wage, why can't the rest of the team. Unlikely but it'd be decent to see him at Spurs rather than anyone else.

Correct, fee isn’t an issue - wages are

• Subscriber

I maintain Man Utd will be where he ends up. Have said it for a long time.

I think Tottenham could probably afford both his fee and wages but they won't pay the wages as it breaks the structure, which could do more harm than good.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Why'd he do that when Man Utd or PSG would probably pay it?

Well chamberline did. Depends what you want. 

2 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

his wages will be the issue for most clubs who want him aside from united and even then his health would be a worry with such high wages

How come he hasn't been linked with you?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Nice.

Not really my point is it? 

I appear to have misunderstood you. How unlike me :ph34r:

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

How come he hasn' been linked with you?

There's no interest from us it seems. we still have a wage structure too so his wages wouldn't work given what others are on which are still lower than his wages. It's why I don't see Neymar or Mbappe coming here either.

• Subscriber

If Man City are actually signing Mahrez, do they really need Bale as well as already having Bernardo Silva, Sterling and Sane? I get having strength in depth but that's absurd.

I dont understand how anybody in one of the competitive top leagues is going to pay the wages. He will also be leaving behind a garden that has replicas of the three best golf courses in the world, which sounds dreamy.

He's better off trying to force his way in to making Zidane choose a system that accommodates himself, Isco, Asensio and Ronaldo.

• The title was changed to Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived