talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Is Mourinho in good terms with the management at RM? If so, I think this could be a good thing for Spurs should it happen. Bale is far from done and can put some sense of a good game in if hes arsed about it and the manager shows some confidence in him.

• The title was changed to Gareth Bale - To Return To Spurs?
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

How does Bale' s salary fit into Spurs salary structure?  Even if Real pay half his wages Spurs will have to pay him more than any other player.

Going by their declining performances I'd imagine Levy would want something to come sooner rather than later. Real aren't going to go cheap here but getting him off their books versus paying him the full salary is going to become an unwanted expense long-term they want taken care of and no one else seems interested at the moment. 

14 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Hearing that Real want whoever takes Bale on loan to pay all of his salary, he's supposed to be on £600,000 a week or £350,000 after taxes.  I can't see Spurs going for that and I certainly hope United dont.

Looks like he’s having a season on loan at Spurs with Madrid subsidising his wages.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

We are paying about 250k a week, so they’re going to be covering the majority. This is such a boost for the club 

I've seen that figure quoted, it's weird because I don't know how much tax Real pay for Bale, he's on around 18.2m a year all in. His tax bill must be fucking monstrous. 

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

We are paying about 250k a week, so they’re going to be covering the majority. This is such a boost for the club 

That seems really strange to me,  multiple reports have been saying Real wont pay any part of his wages.  Has Bale taken a cut in salary to get out of Madrid?  Also is it £250k a week after taxes?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

That seems really strange to me,  multiple reports have been saying Real wont pay any part of his wages.  Has Bale taken a cut in salary to get out of Madrid?

Not sure yet, sure details will come out in the next few days on exact terms. Madrid want him gone though. Apparently our Reguilon deal has helped with this too, and relations between Spurs and Madrid are excellent 

Would love to see Bale back at his best, was a genuine joy to watch for Spurs in his final season. 

Would you be sad to see Ali go @Storts? I know he’s dipped a lot but still think he’s supremely talented and a core part of spurs brilliant team of the past few years. I hope he doesn’t go PSG and float around, he could be really, really special, imo

I also share his views on people who like Bounty chocolate bars, which has raised him further in my estimations.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Would love to see Bale back at his best, was a genuine joy to watch for Spurs in his final season. 

Would you be sad to see Ali go @Storts? I know he’s dipped a lot but still think he’s supremely talented and a core part of spurs brilliant team of the past few years. I hope he doesn’t go PSG and float around, he could be really, really special, imo

I also share his views on people who like Bounty chocolate bars, which has raised him further in my estimations.

Definitely. Think he’s going to be so motivated and while he won’t have the electric pace that he had the first time around here, I think he’s got so much more to give still.

Alli is such a strange one and would definitely feel like we are giving up on him so soon because you say he’s supremely talented. He’s forgotten what he’s so good at that though, his off the ball movement, his instincts, that nasty streak, he’s lost so much of it and tried to adapt his game but failed. I do feel like in some ways he may need a change of scenery to get the best of him because it’s been a while since he’s been the player that burst on to the scene and dominated but he needs to pushed up the pitch, the shackles taken off and just let him play that free role alongside Kane

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Do you think Bales return is going to give Spurs the injection they seem to need @Storts?? 

Looking at last season they just seem to have lost their way and belief a little and some of that could be down to Mourinho or other factors not yet apparent... 

I hope so.

As I said elsewhere before - this is the signing the club needs, the team too, but the boost to the club and to the fanbase cannot be overstated.

Hes truly revered by our fanbase. The reaction to him coming back is like something I’ve never seen before. We’ve had two superstars here in the last decade. Bale and Kane. But they feel like very different eras. Now it looks like we are going to get them both together and that is ridiculously exciting

There’s so much negativity around the club and the levels have dropped a lot Since the poch peak - so hopefully this will give the boost to the team and squad that we desperately needed. That and Reguilon are great signings. Get another striker and CB and I will be very much looking forward to the season 

Son Kane Bale as a front three too...wow 

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Storts said:

He's truly revered by our fanbase. The reaction to him coming back is like something I’ve never seen before. We’ve had two superstars here in the last decade. Bale and Kane. But they feel like very different eras. Now it looks like we are going to get them both together and that is ridiculously exciting

Not saying they are the same and your Spurs atm are not like Liverpool but it sounds a bit like the other Welsh Wizard who left the pool for a season with Juve, Ian Rush, then came back to Anfield and continued on where he left off, popping the goals in, only worry you could say is he is a bit older and might get injuries playing for Jose.

9 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not saying they are the same and your Spurs atm are not like Liverpool but it sounds a bit like the other Welsh Wizard who left the pool for a season with Juve, Ian Rush, then came back to Anfield and continued on where he left off, popping the goals in, only worry you could say is he is a bit older and might get injuries playing for Jose.

I don’t think Rush spent as much time away from us as Bale spent away from Spurs. Also Rush was a bit shit at Juve, by all accounts. Bale was a pretty important player for Real Madrid and put in big performances in big games for them.

I think the only concern any Spurs fan should have is injuries. He’s got quality in abundance. If he stays fit, he’s going to have a good season and help them out a shitload.

• The title was changed to Gareth Bale Returns To Spurs On Loan

Archived