talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Many Goals Until A Striker Is Finished?

football forum

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Off current ability and success, I'd take Modric, Kante, Kroos, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Silva, Suarez, Firmino, Salah, Isco, Azpilicueta, De Gea, Kimmich, Iniesta, Busqeuts and probably more over Ronaldo. 

xDxDxD

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Marc said:

xDxDxD

I think the fact everyone who has seen more than 2 matches of Real Madrid is saying the exact same thing as Spike, really speaks to how wrong you, Danny and Chaaay are.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think the fact everyone who has seen more than 2 matches of Real Madrid is saying the exact same thing as Spike, really speaks to how wrong you, Danny and Chaaay are.

What about the national managers, captains and international journalists that voted for him as the best player in the world a few months ago? With more than double the votes of Messi? and then he'll more than likely win it next year too.

Did you get a vote? you're a 'journalist'

Firmino, Azpi, Busquets, iniesta etc over Ronaldo xD

Just now, Marc said:

What about the national managers, captains and international journalists that voted for him as the best player in the world a few months ago? With more than double the votes of Messi? and then he'll more than likely win it next year too.

Did you get a vote? you're a 'journalist'

Firmino, Azpi, Busquets, iniesta etc over Ronaldo xD

Firmino and Busquets I'd comfortably take over Ronaldo. Its blatantly obvious you haven't seen Real Madrid at all this season bar in a few CL games. Ballon D'or awards are meaningless too as all you have to do is score a few influential goals and have marketability and you've won it.

You can listen to whoevers opinions you want, but don't laugh ours off if you're clueless on the matter, which you are and anything otherwise is a lie. I fully agree with Spike as Ronaldo has become so painfully limited these days compared to the past when he was dynamic, a well built all around technical player and a fantastic athlete. Now, all he has going for him is decent off the ball and good finishing, and its no coincidence all the La Liga watchers on this forum are saying the same thing as well as some very good accounts I follow on Twitter.

There’s no way Busquets can have had a better season than Cristiano Ronaldo. He didn’t get anywhere near him in the scoring charts even when halfway through the season Cristiano only had 4 La Liga goals he still hadn’t scored. It’s ridiculous to say in that sense that someone like Busquets can have even come close to having a very good season.

But Salah scored more than Cristiano and had he not been injured in the Final itself should be in there. My first paragraph is taking the piss out of idiots but this paragraph is aimed at their stupidity! Salah was ripping Real Madrid a new arsehole until he unfortunately had to depart from the stage in tears. 

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Firmino and Busquets I'd comfortably take over Ronaldo. Its blatantly obvious you haven't seen Real Madrid at all this season bar in a few CL games. Ballon D'or awards are meaningless too as all you have to do is score a few influential goals and have marketability and you've won it.

You can listen to whoevers opinions you want, but don't laugh ours off if you're clueless on the matter, which you are and anything otherwise is a lie. I fully agree with Spike as Ronaldo has become so painfully limited these days compared to the past when he was dynamic, a well built all around technical player and a fantastic athlete. Now, all he has going for him is decent off the ball and good finishing, and its no coincidence all the La Liga watchers on this forum are saying the same thing as well as some very good accounts I follow on Twitter.

Ballon d'or awards suddenly meaningless when CR7 is due to overtake Messi hahaha. It's the most prestigious individual award in football.

Painfully limited player scores another 50 goals.

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There’s no way Busquets can have had a better season than Cristiano Ronaldo. He didn’t get anywhere near him in the scoring charts even when halfway through the season Cristiano only had 4 La Liga goals he still hadn’t scored. It’s ridiculous to say in that sense that someone like Busquets can have even come close to having a very good season.

But Salah scored more than Cristiano and had he not been injured in the Final itself should be in there. My first paragraph is taking the piss out of idiots but this paragraph is aimed at their stupidity! Salah was ripping Real Madrid a new arsehole until he unfortunately had to depart from the stage in tears. 

Salty. Why are you so bitter towards Real and CR7, do you support Barca? 

11 minutes ago, Marc said:

Ballon d'or awards suddenly meaningless when CR7 is due to overtake Messi hahaha. It's the most prestigious individual award in football.

Painfully limited player scores another 50 goals.

Salty. Why are you so bitter towards Real and CR7, do you support Barca? 

Why would anyone take individual excellence in a team sport seriously? Neuer has perfected the GK poaition but he will never win that award - which proves it is a farce

What else does Ronaldo do besides score goals? He isn't a playmaker, he doesn't defend, he doesn't dribble much, he doesn't create space for other players with his movement, his deadballs are mediocre, his crossing and passing isn't that special. Do you not know what the word 'limited' means? It isn't a synonym for 'didn't score a lot of goals' or 'bad player', which is what you are inferring with this post.  Mário Jardel scored 55 goals for Sporting, an amazing player, a lethal goal scorer, but a limited striker.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Inzaghi scored loads of goals in Italy, doesn't mean he was a top striker.

Like fuck. He was a top striker but that doesn't mean he wasn't limited.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Like fuck. He was a top striker but that doesn't mean he wasn't limited.

Martin Palermo is another example that comes to mind, I think.

10 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This thread is all kinds of banter. People seriously comparing Ronaldo to Martin Palermo and Pipo Inzaghi. xDxDxD

We are comparing styles, but I can see it's too hard for you to see that just as you haven't seen Real Madrid at all this season.

51 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

This thread is all kinds of banter. People seriously comparing Ronaldo to Martin Palermo and Pipo Inzaghi. xDxDxD

I haven't seen a single compelling argument that modern Ronaldo does anything more than score goals for Real Madrid, which is the same role that Inzaghi and Palermo performed at their respective clubs. Laughing emojis aren't actually a good debating point. 

If you have two engines, both V8s, one is mediocre, and the other state-of-the-art, you still have two V8s engines that perform the exact same role, just at different levels of efficiency. That is the difference between Inzaghi and Ronaldo; same role - different results. Or another analogy, a top shelf vodka versus a bottom shelf vodka, both are vodka but one is a superior product. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Modric is the only Real Player I'd kill to have at Chelsea 

Not Carvajal/Marcelo?

let's go back to the meat of the thread -- strikers.

as for a striker being finished --- TEVEZ !!!     A big money move in china and he barely made 5 goals.

another one would be Adriano the brazilian, too much promise during his intermilan days and .............................................. downward spiral ever since ..............

and so was PATO.   his potential was immense but where is he now ??     

• Subscriber

Yet more utterly hilarious opinions in this thread. Ronaldo isn't a top player anymore because he 'only scores goals' whereas the 'dribbles per game' and 'aerial duels won' he achieved earlier in his career are what made him one of the world's best players xDxD.

Ronaldo has declined and you might want to argue that a couple of players like Salah may be better than him now (though even that is a dubious argument for me), fair enough. However sitting there and saying that other people should give up watching football or must never have seen Real Madrid play, making out that is an absolutely outrageous opinion that he is still in the top two players in the world, is beyond embarrassing.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

making out that is an absolutely outrageous opinion that he is still in the top two players in the world, is beyond embarrassing.

It really isn't embarrassing.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It really isn't embarrassing.

Someone compared Salah and Ronaldos seasons earlier on. Salah is being touted as having had a Ballon D'Or standard of season and fair enough, but Ronaldo in what has been considered a poor season by him, scored the same number of goals as Salah in less appearances, got a few less assists but more of his goals were in the Champions League which Madrid eventually won meaning he has a trophy to show for his efforts this season where Salah doesn't.

How people can argue that Ronaldo "only scores goals" as if goals are insignificant is absolutely weird. 45 goals or so including 12-15 in the Champions League where Madrid faced the Champions of three of the other four top leagues in Europe en route to the final, if anyone else did this people would be jizzing themselves silly.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Someone compared Salah and Ronaldos seasons earlier on. Salah is being touted as having had a Ballon D'Or standard of season and fair enough, but Ronaldo in what has been considered a poor season by him, scored the same number of goals as Salah in less appearances, got a few less assists but more of his goals were in the Champions League which Madrid eventually won meaning he has a trophy to show for his efforts this season where Salah doesn't.

How people can argue that Ronaldo "only scores goals" as if goals are insignificant is absolutely weird. 45 goals or so including 12-15 in the Champions League where Madrid faced the Champions of three of the other four top leagues in Europe en route to the final, if anyone else did this people would be jizzing themselves silly.

It can be seen as outrageous though to consider him the second best in the world.

Its all preference. If people like limited forwards that do nothing but score goals, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I however, don't like that and he genuinely offers nothing but an important goal or 2 here and then. Like I said earlier, its no coincidence all the La Liga watchers on the forum are saying the exact same thing.

The only reason people think he's the second best in the world now is because of marketability and past glory. Those people haven't seen a second of Madrid, and if they have then they obviously have different preferences than me and a few others I know of. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Blue said:

It can be seen as outrageous though to consider him the second best in the world.

Its all preference. If people like limited forwards that do nothing but score goals, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I however, don't like that and he genuinely offers nothing but an important goal or 2 here and then. Like I said earlier, its no coincidence all the La Liga watchers on the forum are saying the exact same thing.

The only reason people think he's the second best in the world now is because of marketability and past glory. Those people haven't seen a second of Madrid, and if they have then they obviously have different preferences than me and a few others I know of. 

Nothing to do with the 45 goals he scored again this season then? I wish Everton had some strikers that limited.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Nothing to do with the 45 goals he scored again this season then? I wish Everton had some strikers that limited.

Stats don't mean much though. I can just look back at how many goals Inzaghi scored.

He's good but again its all preference based. I personally don't think limited forwards are amongst the top 2 in the world. I'd take Modric, Kroos, Salah, Neymar, Messi, Firmino and Suarez before him.

Think it was Cruyff who said this but it was something like "That Inzaghi can't play football to save his life, but man can he score goals"

Archived