talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Many Goals Until A Striker Is Finished?

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You can be a top striker without being one of the best players in the world though. Strikers don't have to be particularly well rounded. They have to be good at getting the ball into the back of the net.

Nah not in my mind. 

I much prefer strikers like Bergkamp or Firmono who aren't going to bag 30 but are going to help team play as much as possible. You also need to have some effectiveness mind you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Getting 2 chances in a match and putting them both away isn't effectiveness?

By that I meant balance.

For me a striker that helps a lot with team play but doesn't help in scoring isn't world class, but neither is a striker who does nothing but score. It's a luxury to have both in a top league. That's what I label as world class, it's not a term you just drop with anyone.

I personally think Ronaldo does offer enough of both to be world class at least but not in the top 2. As I told Asura, these things are all preference.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

By that I meant balance.

For me a striker that helps a lot with team play but doesn't help in scoring isn't world class, but neither is a striker who does nothing but score. It's a luxury to have both in a top league. That's what I label as world class, it's not a term you just drop with anyone.

I personally think Ronaldo does offer enough of both to be world class at least but not in the top 2. As I told Asura, these things are all preference.

Yeah, it's all personal preference and everyone's got their own opinions.

I'm just standing up for the good name of Pippo Inzaghi. The man is a fucking legend.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Blue said:

Its quite funny how the likes of Danny, and Rando haven't said that they watch La Liga after I said they don't.

Not a pop at either of them, but they themselves know that they aren't La Liga watchers.

Stop spouting shite Marc.

I watch some La Liga but not much. I have seen Ronaldo play in La Liga or Champions League enough times this season to see that he's not the player he was but still capable of scoring loads of goals including top class goals and important goals as evidenced by his goal scoring numbers again this season.

You can do better in these debates than to make follow up posts to try and discredit the opinions of other posters. You say that several other people don't know things but how much do you actually know about how much and which football other people on this forum watch? Someone who actually has only watched Real Madrid twice this season would still better placed to comment on them and Ronaldo than you are to comment on the footballing watching habits and knowledge of people you've never met on the other side of the world.

I could also argue that if you really wanted me and others to respond to your digs about our football knowledge then you'd tag us so we are notified and make sure we come and respond. I could argue that the reason you haven't done that is because you're worried that somebody will come back and challenge you on it like I am now and that you hope we just don't see it so that it seems like you're right because nobody argues with you. However I'm also ready to admit that that's pure speculation that I have no evidence to support much like some of the things you're coming out with.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I watch some La Liga but not much. I have seen Ronaldo play in La Liga or Champions League enough times this season to see that he's not the player he was but still capable of scoring loads of goals including top class goals and important goals as evidenced by his goal scoring numbers again this season.

You can do better in these debates than to make follow up posts to try and discredit the opinions of other posters. You say that several other people don't know things but how much do you actually know about how much and which football other people on this forum watch? Someone who actually has only watched Real Madrid twice this season would still better placed to comment on them and Ronaldo than you are to comment on the footballing watching habits and knowledge of people you've never met on the other side of the world.

I could also argue that if you really wanted me and others to respond to your digs about our football knowledge then you'd tag us so we are notified and make sure we come and respond. I could argue that the reason you haven't done that is because you're worried that somebody will come back and challenge you on it like I am now and that you hope we just don't see it so that it seems like you're right because nobody argues with you. However I'm also ready to admit that that's pure speculation that I have no evidence to support much like some of the things you're coming out with.

I wasn't having a pop at you though?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

I wasn't having a pop at you though?

Don't need to call it a 'pop' or a 'dig' for it to be one. Call it what you want but you're clearly trying to convince other people that the ones who disagree with you in this thread don't have as much knowledge as you by stating as a fact that we don't watch La Liga when actually you have no idea whether that's the case.

Ironically by doing this you're actually doing the one thing you're accusing others of which is commenting on something you know very little about.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Don't need to call it a 'pop' or a 'dig' for it to be one. Call it what you want but you're clearly trying to convince other people that the ones who disagree with you in this thread don't have as much knowledge as you by stating as a fact that we don't watch La Liga when actually you have no idea whether that's the case.

Ironically by doing this you're actually doing the one thing you're accusing others of which is commenting on something you know very little about.

Well, its quite obvious that they don't to be fair, and I never said you didn't watch La Liga. Has nothing to do with them disagreeing with me or not.

Besides, you don't know how many people have gotten away with saying false things about me, so I personally don't care. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Blue said:

Its quite funny how the likes of Danny, and Rando haven't said that they watch La Liga after I said they don't.

Not a pop at either of them, but they themselves know that they aren't La Liga watchers.

Stop spouting shite Marc.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well, its quite obvious that they don't to be fair, and I never said you didn't watch La Liga. Has nothing to do with them disagreeing with me or not.

Besides, you don't know how many people have gotten away with saying false things about me, so I personally don't care. 

you did. 

35 minutes ago, Marc said:

Is this the part where I say...

Blue disappears when he’s been put in his place. Shock horror 

You disappeared far before I did, you have little right xD

Archived