talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Many Goals Until A Striker Is Finished?

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Stats don't mean much though. I can just look back at how many goals Inzaghi scored.

He's good but again its all preference based. I personally don't think limited forwards are amongst the top 2 in the world. I'd take Modric, Kroos, Salah, Neymar, Messi, Firmino and Suarez before him.

goals matter in games, though?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Stats don't mean much though. I can just look back at how many goals Inzaghi scored.

He's good but again its all preference based. I personally don't think limited forwards are amongst the top 2 in the world. I'd take Modric, Kroos, Salah, Neymar, Messi, Firmino and Suarez before him.

Jesus Christ. If we're talking about dribbles per game then fair enough who cares but we're talking about goals which are literally the only factual thing by which you can measure the result of a football match and the contribution of a player. Not to say that goals are the only thing that matters before you take it that way because obviously someone could have one bounce in off their knee in a 1-0 win without being the best player in that game, but you can't just shrug off goals, and 45 of them, as just another statistic.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Jesus Christ. If we're talking about dribbles per game then fair enough who cares but we're talking about goals which are literally the only factual thing by which you can measure the result of a football match and the contribution of a player. Not to say that goals are the only thing that matters before you take it that way because obviously someone could have one bounce in off their knee in a 1-0 win without being the best player in that game, but you can't just shrug off goals, and 45 of them, as just another statistic.

Goals do matter, but again for me if you want to be the best in the world you need to do more than just score goals. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Goals do matter, but again for me if you want to be the best in the world you need to do more than just score goals. 

That's fair enough. I could accept if you had a few other players better than Ronaldo on this basis currently but I do still think you're being excessive with saying he doesn't even belong in the top ten. I don't have anything else to add to the debate beyond what I've said though, you have your opinion and I have mine.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

That's fair enough. I could accept if you had a few other players better than Ronaldo on this basis currently but I do still think you're being excessive with saying he doesn't even belong in the top ten. I don't have anything else to add to the debate beyond what I've said though, you have your opinion and I have mine.

I think its very important to have a player that can score goals in a team, even if he doesn't do anything. He can still be important just for that factor, but for me they aren't the best on the team (unless only he offers something). I think to be that you need to be more technical and offer something more on the pitch. If we're comparing Messi to Ronaldo, the former offers more goals and better distribution as well as better ball juggling. Its not just having better clips for highlight videos, but I find Messi both good on the ball and effective. If you're only good at the former, then you're another Theo Walcott or Hachim Mastour.

I do think Ronaldo is top 10, just not top 5. That's what I said, and that's because he clearly has a goalscoring record that has him of use to a team, but he's not top 2 because he doesn't offer much more than that. 

This whole entire conversation is an absolute laugh. Yeah Ronaldo had a piss poor seasons by his standards, but for pretty much any other player it would have been a career year. So is he as good as he once was? No of course not he's fucking like 33, but last time I checked the game of football is about who scores more than the other team so... still very few players I'd take over him at this point, outside of like Griezmann, Suarez, Neymar, Lewandowski, and Messi.

How many goals until a striker is finished, moot point. As long as they can score and help more than hinder there is no number. Crouch was our best striker on a piss poor Stoke side and he's 37.

He is a great player of course and will get you goals. The only problem I have is how he gets lauded as the best players by some morons, I have no problems if someone calls him the best goal scorer at all. His movement in the box is very good and thats the reason he can score so many one touch goals but he is not the one from whom you can expect something on his own, dont think he does that anymore and thats not a problem as madrid have others to create those chances. 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

He is a great player of course and will get you goals. The only problem I have is how he gets lauded as the best players by some morons, I have no problems if someone calls him the best goal scorer at all. His movement in the box is very good and thats the reason he can score so many one touch goals but he is not the one from whom you can expect something on his own, dont think he does that anymore and thats not a problem as madrid have others to create those chances. 

Again, it's a matter of my preference. My issue is that most of the people who say he's the second best haven't watched Real Madrid very much. If they prefer forwards who just get the job done, that's fine. I don't respect baseless opinions though.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Again, it's a matter of my preference. My issue is that most of the people who say he's the second best haven't watched Real Madrid very much. If they prefer forwards who just get the job done, that's fine. I don't respect baseless opinions though.

He is not even the second best of Real Madrid, forget the second best of the world lol.

Modric, Cavajal, Marcelo and probably Kroos are all better players than him (or should I say more important players than him because they all play in different positions)

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

He is not even the second best of Real Madrid, forget the second best of the world lol.

Modric, Cavajal, Marcelo and probably Kroos are all better players than him (or should I say more important players than him because they all play in different positions)

It's so disrespectful that us La Liga watchers get written off as insane by people who haven't seen him this season, but that's football fans for you.

Again I have no problem in respecting a preference for that sort of player. I do have a problem if you just say that without seeing him a whole lot.

On 5/28/2018 at 09:27, SirBalon said:

Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely one of the greats and anyone trying to dispute that should never debate in a football conversation, they should choose a different interest.

Whats curious here is that the thread title right from the start has nothing to do with its eventual content.

So let's debate what's in question here... When is a striker finished?

Sanogo is finished as a striker  he never scored a goal :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Blue said:

11 hours ago, Blue said:

It's so disrespectful that us La Liga watchers get written off as insane by people who haven't seen him this season, but that's football fans for you.

Again I have no problem in respecting a preference for that sort of player. I do have a problem if you just say that without seeing him a whole lot.

How on earth do you know who watches Real Madrid games and who doesn't? Anyone that agrees with you is a massive La Liga fan but anyone who disagrees has only seen the odd CL game?

You have lots of problems, but being so argumentative, lying and making out anyone who disagrees with you is a complete idiot is why nobody takes you seriously and winds you up all the time.

Blue - Football analyst, Football journalist and La Liga watcher.

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

How on earth do you know who watches Real Madrid games and who doesn't? Anyone that agrees with you is a massive La Liga fan but anyone who disagrees has only seen the odd CL game?

Because these things are obvious.

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

You have lots of problems, but being so argumentative, lying and making out anyone who disagrees with you is a complete idiot is why nobody takes you seriously and winds you up all the time.

If that's what you want to believe xD:dam:

Its quite funny how the likes of Danny, and Rando haven't said that they watch La Liga after I said they don't.

Not a pop at either of them, but they themselves know that they aren't La Liga watchers.

Stop spouting shite Marc.

Marc disappears when put in his place. Shock horror...

Lesson: don't just bite onto certain people because you don't like them. 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 09:52, Blue said:

Inzaghi scored loads of goals in Italy, doesn't mean he was a top striker.

His job was to score goals and he scored lots of goals and had a long career. Pippo Inzaghi was a top striker, just because he wasn't good at anything other than scoring doesn't mean he wasn't a fantastic striker.

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

Nope still here, son.

back to my question how do you know who watches La Liga and who doesn’t? Nothing to do with people disagreeing with you?

My answer to that is the same as why you think I'm a liar.

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Where has this vendetta against Marc come from :what:?

I did fuck all mate, he just hopped on a leash just because he didn't like me on AFF. He's making himself look stupid.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His job was to score goals and he scored lots of goals and had a long career. Pippo Inzaghi was a top striker, just because he wasn't good at anything other than scoring doesn't mean he wasn't a fantastic striker.

But to be one of the best in the world you have to do more than just score goals. In my mind anyways.

Just now, Blue said:

But to be one of the best in the world you have to do more than just score goals. In my mind anyways.

You can be a top striker without being one of the best players in the world though. Strikers don't have to be particularly well rounded. They have to be good at getting the ball into the back of the net.

Archived