• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Veratti's Agent Hints At Move

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Seemingly going to appoint Mino Raiola and then linked with a move to Man United.

I haven't heard about the links with United, but I have heard about the Raiola appointment. The way I see it is, if you're looking to force a transfer out of a club and get what you want, Mino Raiola would be in the top one or two agents in the world you'd look at to get you that. And what Marco Verratti wants, unless things have suddenly changed, is to play for Barcelona. So we'll see how this unfolds. 

img_jgascon_20170707-183900_imagenes_md_

Verratti breaks with Di Campli and employs Raiola

It's official...  Marco Verratti sacks the agent that's been with him his whole career to date Donato di Campli and employs the controversial Mino Raiola as his representative.  This in my view unless things change massively ends any speculation surrounding Verratti going to FC Barcelona.  Ever since the Ibrahimović departure from Barça to Milan the relationship between the super agent and Barça has been terrible.

¡Verratti ficha a Mino Raiola como agente!

3 hours ago, Messiesta said:

I haven't heard about the links with United, but I have heard about the Raiola appointment. The way I see it is, if you're looking to force a transfer out of a club and get what you want, Mino Raiola would be in the top one or two agents in the world you'd look at to get you that. And what Marco Verratti wants, unless things have suddenly changed, is to play for Barcelona. So we'll see how this unfolds. 

In this case, I think it is just the contrary, it probably means Veratti will stay in Paris. Raiola has a good relationship with PSG, especially considering Maxwell is part of their board now and Raiola was his agent. 

The latest is that Mino Raiola is already negotiating Verratti's contract renewal for PSG (this would be Verratti's 6th renewal in 6 years).  It's obvious that everything that was done by Verratti and Di Campli to try and move to Barça was impossible and you don't mess with Arabs.  According to L'Équipe, Nasser Al-Khelaifi (PSG owner) told Verratti that he isn't going anywhere under any circumstances and that he had to get rid of his agent due to the outbursts he came out with two weeks ago: "Verratti is being held prisoner by the Emir".

So, if you can't move, then get the best deal where you are.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The latest is that Mino Raiola is already negotiating Verratti's contract renewal for PSG (this would be Verratti's 6th renewal in 6 years).  It's obvious that everything that was done by Verratti and Di Campli to try and move to Barça was impossible and you don't mess with Arabs.  According to L'Équipe, Nasser Al-Khelaifi (PSG owner) told Verratti that he isn't going anywhere under any circumstances and that he had to get rid of his agent due to the outbursts he came out with two weeks ago: "Verratti is being held prisoner by the Emir".

So, if you can't move, then get the best deal where you are.

Seems as though we should forget about him and move on to someone else :41_pensive: Disappointing but there are other great options we can get for now until the day when maybe we can get Verratti. Players like Jorginho from Napoli, or Pjanic...even Seri wouldn't be bad. 

9 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Seems as though we should forget about him and move on to someone else :41_pensive: Disappointing but there are other great options we can get for now until the day when maybe we can get Verratti. Players like Jorginho from Napoli, or Pjanic...even Seri wouldn't be bad. 

None of those players are on the same level as verratti or more importantly, suited to Barcelona.

If Verratti signs a new contract extension he'll be in the same problem as this summer to leave. 

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

None of those players are on the same level as verratti or more importantly, suited to Barcelona.

If Verratti signs a new contract extension he'll be in the same problem as this summer to leave. 

I agree with you, but I'm just looking at possible alternatives since it seems an impossible transfer to make, at least this summer

I'm really beginning to grow a massive dislike for Paris Saint Germain xD 

1 minute ago, Messiesta said:

I agree with you, but I'm just looking at possible alternatives since it seems an impossible transfer to make, at least this summer

I'm really beginning to grow a massive dislike for Paris Saint Germain xD 

My dislike for them hasn't even grown... It's just as stagnant as their status in European football. 

• 2 years later...

Archived