talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mauro Icardi - Inter To Sell Icardi?

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter Milan manager Luciano Spalletti has admitted he could be powerless from stopping Mauro Icardi from leaving the club this summer.

I want him to stay. Firstly, because the thought of him and Wanda making millions as his agent feels wrong. More importantly though, there's something quite nice about the thought of him leading Inter back up the table throughout his career after being shunned by his national team.

I'd like to see him in the PL. Think he's got the game that would see him excel over here.

Speed, strength, clever movement, technique, good eye for goal, can compete aerially and shoots with both feet. Because he's only ever really shown his capabilities at Inter, I'm not sure the rest of Europe really knows how good a player he could be but I'd definitely like to see him perform on another stage.

55 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'd like to see him in the PL. Think he's got the game that would see him excel over here.

Speed, strength, clever movement, technique, good eye for goal, can compete aerially and shoots with both feet. Because he's only ever really shown his capabilities at Inter, I'm not sure the rest of Europe really knows how good a player he could be but I'd definitely like to see him perform on another stage.

Atletico Madrid would also be a good move for him if they end up selling Griezmann as he's the type of player who suits what Simeone looks for in a forward and you'd expect himself and Costa to compliment each other well. Being Argentine, just like Simeone also puts them in good position.

Interesting article I found yesterday, and I've heard these rumors more and more. Hope it's not true..

Higuain and €50m for Icardi?
By Football Italia staff

The Corriere della Sera claims Juventus have offered Gonzalo Higuain plus €50m for Mauro Icardi, with Inter prepared to listen.

The rumours of Juve trying to snatch the Capocannoniere away to Turin have been circulating for a few days now.

Icardi has a release clause worth €110m, but it is valid only from July 1-20 and to clubs outside of Italy.

According to the Corriere della Sera newspaper, Juve’s lawyers are studying the Inter contract to see if there’s a way they can activate the clause regardless.

If not, the offer on the table is €50m cash plus Higuain, who they value at €60m, taking the total up to €110m.

The real surprise in this story is that Inter and Icardi are prepared to listen.

Icardi’s wife and representative, Wanda Nara, said last week that they will either work out a new contract with Inter or move on.

While Higuain is going to the 2018 World Cup with Argentina, Icardi has been left behind, despite scoring 29 Serie A goals in 34 games this season.

Higuain, who is five years older than Icardi, scored 23 in 50 competitive matches for Juve.

• The title was changed to Mauro Icardi - Inter To Sell Icardi?
20 minutes ago, Eco said:

Interesting article I found yesterday, and I've heard these rumors more and more. Hope it's not true..

I think and hope it's not true either. Why would Higuain go to Inter?, he went to Juve to try to win the CL and win trophies, if he just wanted to compete for a CL spot and just play it with no real chances of winning it he may as well just stayed at Napoli. PSG and Chelsea are far more likely destinations if he were to leave.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:20, The Rebel CRS said:

Atletico Madrid would also be a good move for him if they end up selling Griezmann as he's the type of player who suits what Simeone looks for in a forward and you'd expect himself and Costa to compliment each other well. Being Argentine, just like Simeone also puts them in good position.

Yes, I could see that one. Much like in the mould of Aguero all those years back. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived