talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) South Park FC - Blue

football forum

I'll have a few long posts later, but I've started with Everton as I wanted to have a "wonderkid save" for once. Here are my signings

Orbelin Pineda - 9.5M

Federico Chiesa - 10.5M

Timothy Castagne - 2.2M

Outgoing are Lennon and Kone

Lineup

bc9a7033e8e3f1dd6ba7bbe6b12ef564.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Everton are criminally underrated on this game because of how we have done in real life in the past two years. The main problem at first is that the squad depth is quite poor, outside of the first eleven we play with a lot of talented wonderkids that are going to be world-class in the future but could cause you some headaches in the first season or so.

Hitting the top half of the table and bouncing around the European places would be a good first season before pushing on in the next few years with some new recruits.

From squad analysis, I'll be looking to start Besic over Gueye as he fits my system better. Ademola Lookman will come on as a sub as he looks quality. I'll rotate Davies with Pineda.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Everton are criminally underrated on this game because of how we have done in real life in the past two years. The main problem at first is that the squad depth is quite poor, outside of the first eleven we play with a lot of talented wonderkids that are going to be world-class in the future but could cause you some headaches in the first season or so.

Hitting the top half of the table and bouncing around the European places would be a good first season before pushing on in the next few years with some new recruits.

I can't even say it's because of that to be honest. Your squad on the game is easily top half level. You just constantly seem to struggle and I don't get why.

8b5fd06fd1807767ad5a18c62a1fd8d7.png

An OK start. I'm expecting to finish top half. Got unlucky at City, 2-2 but had an injury on Castagne which left me with 10, allowing Stones to score one of the softest goals I've seen on 17. Crystal Palace shithoused a win at Goodison. It should have been 0-0 really. Won it on their first shot and got 2 more by the end.

As for the squad, I've benched Lukaku for Goodman. Its worked wonders but he's coming back as a starter because I was really experimenting between whether I should drop Chiesa or Lookman. Chiesa will be the rotated option based on the starts. I've also decided to rotate between Morgan Schneiderlin and Tom Davies because Orbelin Pineda has been my best player so far. So dynamic in playmaking and has scored a few goals of his own.

I'll be looking to finish top half and win the League Cup or FA Cup.

Pineda's stats

434535d83446ae1aaa89f78900b5995e.png

Just got completely trolled by Arsenal. 6-1, a lot of preparation for the game to be liquidated by minute 10. Then a red in the 25th for Funes Mori. Shite.

Pineda with our goal. Thats 5 this season. This match he played as an enganche, prior he's been a DLP so to have that many goals for his position is impressive.

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That result alone should see you sacked to be honest, what the hell are you playing at?!

I had about 7 injuries but even that is no excuse. Joke. I can't explain it.

I have a chance to redeem myself at Spurs. I just beat Southampton 3-1 and now see if this lineup is really going to change things.

7acf28a7f66d6638e13ad3d46e03badc.png

Funes Mori with a suspension, so Jagielka is the natural backup. Williams injured, Holgate steps in. Happy with the 2 fullbacks. Rigid midfield with the ball being won by Mccarthy. Pineda doing a bit of everything. Reminds me more of a box to box than a DLP. Our best player so far. Barkley our Riquelme and Lookman the goalscorer. I've gotten sick of Lukaku. When he's not injured, he's not scoring so Chiesa's won a spot.

Merseyside Derby

This December 3rd, we see 13th place Everton host 4th place Liverpool for the Merseyside Derby. Neither team are enjoying a great run, with Liverpool losing the last 2, Everton winless in the last 3. We should no doubt see a quality match here at Goodison.

Lineups

03f9ad4d353f6cb1fb37b952a121160d.png

Looks like Everton manager is trying a new formation, having moved the central midfielder into a DM. Our guess is to be more conservative. Lukaku finally gets a start after weeks on the bench. Robles in net, Baines and Castagne in the full backs, expecting to attack and overlap, Funes Mori who is having a superb season, and Mason Holgate as the other central defender. McCarthy as the DM. The usual 2 starting midfielders in Pineda and Schneiderlin. Mirallas in attacking midfielder and the 2 forwards being Chiesa and Lukaku. Ademola Lookman has been benched most likely due to poor form.

Liverpool are starting with Alberto Moreno and Clyne in the full back positions, expecting to attack just like the Everton full backs. Lovren and Matip in the central positions. Milner occupies a central role. Henderson takes the other spot, where as Firmino as a lone striker with Coutinho, Correa and Lallana behind him. Its expected for Firmino to bring the midfield into attack.

Liverpool comes out to warm up first and constant jeers have begun. 

Pawson blows the whistle and the match begins

28, Mirallas receives the ball, there's a through ball and its Lukaku! Goal! Everton take the lead at Goodison. Despite being outplayed by the visitors, Lukaku takes his chance and puts the toffees ahead.

29, Angel Correa takes the corner, Funes Mori makes a mistake, there's a bit of a scramble, MILNER! Its 1-1, Everton's lead didn't last long. Liverpool have tied it up.

33, Schneiderlin, Chiesa, makes the backheel to Mirallas, there's a through ball and its Lukaku! 2-1! The exact same goal as the opener, through ball and BOOM. Everton take the lead only 5 minutes after the equalizer.

75, Castagne wins the ball back cleanly, through ball to Lukaku on the wing. Good off the ball movement, over to Bolasie, Chiesa, outside the box OHHH! What a strike from Federico Chiesa, this boys a star! He continues to impress. Toffees 3-1 up! Is this done?

81, Milner steps up to take the penalty, and he scores! 3-2. Liverpool still alive in this!

85, Liverpool looking to win the counter, Everton on the ball. They're still alive in this. Bolasie, ChiesaaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaA! Federico Chiesa puts Everton 4-2 up, and this match should be as good as done. Chiesa has killed of Liverpool's last hopes to come back and get a draw.

Full time: Everton 4-2 Liverpool

December 31st, so its update time. 

1c708c24c5304b483c0013a04f7c5660.png

As you can see, we've been class at home, but relegation battlers away from home. I can't explain why we're so poor away but our home form makes up for it thankfully. The Chelsea game was huge, we were 2-0 down and turned it around to win 4-3. Massive win and we are sitting top half at the moment. In 8th

e9c1c3680b8a5ea1b75f794526f83c88.png

Its looking good for us at the moment. Much better than the AI seem to manage with Everton anyways.

As for our away form table...

Jesus wept, this is awful xD

ad6efa8dade061e931c977f6218fb4d0.png

Anyways to go over our squad.

Lineup

Joel Robles 8/10 - Keeps us in games at times. Hard to give keepers ratings but Robles is much deserving of an 8.

Leighton Baines 6/10 - Above average but nothing extraordinary.

Ramiro Funes Mori 9/10 - Outstanding for us. Gets suspended often but I don't mind as a defender. He helps keep us in games we're we just can't keep the midfield.

Mason Holgate 6/10 - Like Baines, above average, but nothing too stand out.

Timothy Castagne 6/10 - He's been great in the last 2 months but he was terrible at the start. That's lowered his score to 6

Idrissa Gueye 7.5/10 - Besic is still injured, so I've been rotating between Gueye and McCarthy. Gueye is a little more solid, and while his defence isn't always consistent, its helped us on a lot of occasions.

Morgan Schneiderlin - 7/10 - Same as Gueye. Aside from the rotation, he can be inconsistent at times but he seems to never be awful or great on a consistent basis. He helps with the build up play but sometimes its a bit unnoticed.

Orbelin Pineda - 9.5/10 - Almost perfect. Our best player this season. Scoring, defending and using creativity. Also somewhat versatile. Can play well as an Enganche or deep lying playmaker and also has box to box qualities.

Kevin Mirallas - 6.5/10 - Far too inconsistent but on his day he is good. Barkley is usually here but Barkley is out for time yet. 

Romelu Lukaku 8/10 - Slow start but finally banging them in. Have him as a complete forward on support and he's contributing in other ways but he's mostly a scorer on my side.

Federico Chiesa 7.5/10 - On his day, he's a 9/10 but his consistency brings it down to a 7.5. At 19, he's got me excited. Looks a superb prospect and I hope to keep him around at the club.

The below 5 players have been Jagielka, Coleman, Valencia and Lookman just barely hits that 5 rating.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

nice shithouse of a victory there xD 

3 points, job done though!

I went with my usual tactics and managed to score first right near the end of the half. I put it on defence, deep in my own box and changed to a 4-1-4-1. I even had Mirallas as a defensive winger haha. Delighted it worked, Joel only got a serious challenge once in the second half.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I like your style @LaSambadeStGermain

You're getting results against the big teams to be fair, hopefully you can become more consistent next year and push higher up the table.

Its been an up and down season but I'm happy with this start. Consolidate my job for the next season then get a proper budget to spend and make a serious UCL challenge for the next season.

Finished my first season with Everton. I'll just briefly go over it then the pre-season

05293566b3fc49b6c4b4eccb2d688cdf.png

Finished 8th. Happy with the first season as it consolidates my job. Now I just need to continue developing my youngsters and when they become world class, we'll become consistent challengers.

Pre-season 2017-18

Transfers

In

Reece Oxford - 10M

Might seem like a rip off but I can't stress how important it is to have domestic talent. English players will always be expensive so I feel 10M is cheaper than what they usually ask for. As for what I'll be playing him as, I still find use for Funes Mori so I'll either be rotating him with Mason Holgate or play him as a DM. Since I use an anchor man, I prefer the latter.

6839850f5cfc051f617fd8d33209f058.png

Adrien Semper - 975K

Croatian keeper from Zagreb. Not crazy but Everton don't really have very good keepers so I'll start him in the cup games to develop him while starting Joel in the league matches. Stekelenburg can fuck off.

8f4a9d1ff929e6f1bba52ce9c3d3f1fa.png

I couldn't sign anyone else unfortunately but I have a list of transfer targets when I get to properly fix my wage budget which I can't lower due to financial fair play constraints. Very frustrating.

Transfer Targets

Tom Rogic

Looking for a proper rotation option for Barkley and Rogic seems to fit that role nicely. Not a super player but he can work. If I ever revert back to the Boca Juniors tactic, he'll be a good enganche.

87dc973e9c8b3d10f7a6b930e2136bd2.png

Vinicius Junior

My top target. He was superb in the U17's in real life and looked him up on here. He does not disappoint. After scotuing him for a couple of weeks, I decided this is who I want. Unfortunately he's likely to not get a work permit so I'll look to get a feeder club to loan him out.

a14a2f6513959dfaf1670e77bb8c5720.png

David Kasumu

Considering he started at MK Dons, he's an easy get and would be a project player. Would be hard to develop but can become a proper player if so.

5413d96fa7747040de2172ada2e80bb0.png

8 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

Stoke-alona finished above Conte’s Chelsea?!

Ha, sounds like London had a cold and rainy season ;) 

Archived