talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) South Park FC - Blue

football forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about binning this save off. I've lost my 2 best players because the board sold them without my consent and then my other best player is leaving on a release clause in the middle of the season and now I'm 12 points behind first.

Get fucked.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Fair play for walking, not a chance I would put up with that.

Yeah, I was about to win my first league title but the chairman decided money first, and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Hope they get relegated.

I'm sticking around on this save but I'm going to a different club. Maybe a Bundesliga team.

• 3 months later...

So far in my second season after I finished in 12th in my first year. Here is how I am doing...

43f6749fb5cd3ffc090157e82a0ea7aa.png

816cb97a90c434086c85d336c4ecd1e7.png

07cf56ecd9d38fa87e1a8f8cdb63f8b5.png

With my 4-2-3-1 I am bossing the division. Its criminal I'm not even in the top 5, but the scheduling has been a joke. Thanks to all these other tinpot cup competitions I for some reason am 5 games behind. It puts pressure on me and my team but thankfully we are overcoming that.

@Stan @Dan @The Palace Fan @Cannabis @Smiley Culture @Bluebird Hewitt @RandoEFC

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

another save? Imagine my shock.

:D 

I'm being as patient as possible with this one haha

I'm in my second season and for some stupid reason I'm not in the top 5 when I should be. I hope the scheduling isn't this bad in all 4 national leagues.

Away to Greenwich Borough. If I win, I assure 5th place which will put me in a playoff place. Penultimate game.

This new season has been terrible! 9 games played and none have been wins. Luckily there are 46 games, but my word this has been beyond awful.

I think I can turn it around but I don't know what I'm doing wrong this year.

I have patience, not this much though

7310f509b593a54144f9353c95d11548.png

Doesn't matter what I change, the result would be a loss. I signed an entire new team in a space of days, all good enough for this division. I've changed my coaching and tactics, played everyone to their strengths. And FM repays me with this :( 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I have patience, not this much though

7310f509b593a54144f9353c95d11548.png

Doesn't matter what I change, the result would be a loss. I signed an entire new team in a space of days, all good enough for this division. I've changed my coaching and tactics, played everyone to their strengths. And FM repays me with this :( 

There's your problem xD 

It's FM folklore that you can't just replace a team and expect them to work straight away. Never make too many signings in a window. It basically upsets the applecart, as they say.

Signing too many means it takes longer for players to gel. And that's not to mention the new dynamic and social group hierarchy; you need to make sure you have influential players and players that will fit in to the social standing already present at the club. 

Just now, Stan said:

There's your problem xD 

It's FM folklore that you can't just replace a team and expect them to work straight away. Never make too many signings in a window. It basically upsets the applecart, as they say.

Signing too many means it takes longer for players to gel. And that's not to mention the new dynamic and social group hierarchy; you need to make sure you have influential players and players that will fit in to the social standing already present at the club. 

Yeah, I thought that could be a problem on this. Nevertheless, its too late now. I've started with Cambridge City in the same tier (but different league) which I will be updating on here. 

Even so, my team wasn't doing anything. No chances created, surely it wasn't this disjointed because of that? If it was, then clearly I've done fucked up there.

Just now, Blue said:

Yeah, I thought that could be a problem on this. Nevertheless, its too late now. I've started with Cambridge City in the same tier (but different league) which I will be updating on here. 

Is about 12 hours a new record from starting a save to not being arsed anymore?

By the way @Stan I signed a whole new team about 7 games in, just because my old team made me sick. However, that still doesn't take away that I signed a lot of new guys in the window.

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Is about 12 hours a new record from starting a save to not being arsed anymore?

12 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm being as patient as possible with this one haha

I'm in my second season and for some stupid reason I'm not in the top 5 when I should be. I hope the scheduling isn't this bad in all 4 national leagues.

I think FM saw this and wanted to put a dent in it xD

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Even so, my team wasn't doing anything. No chances created, surely it wasn't this disjointed because of that? If it was, then clearly I've done fucked up there.

maybe. 

you could be playing players to their strengths but are they actually happy at the club :/. Do they get on with other players? You gotta understand that as you've signed a whole new team, they've gotta play to a whole new system as well as with new players. As opposed to signing one or two to strengthen the team, where current players have to adjust to only one or two players in the squad, you've got a whole new squad adjusting to everyone else. It'll eventually click in to place if you persevere (or if you don't get sacked!)

On 27/05/2018 at 23:29, The Palace Fan said:

South Park were absolutely terrible in our youth league growing up xD

Surprised Tooting and Mitcham are so low in the table. @Smiley Culture no doubt has more knowledge of this but they seem to be the biggest team in that league.

Nah, I can’t help I’m afraid, that’s South of the River and totally alien to me. 

I did once see Lewes beat Leyton FC in an FA Cup qualifier, though. 

Archived