talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) South Park FC - Blue

football forum

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Sacked, the financial fair play ruined the upcoming season.

did the board not invest to avoid the sanctions?

what did you spend to get over it? 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

did the board not invest to avoid the sanctions?

what did you spend to get over it? 

10M for Oxford that current season. Prior to that, 9.5M on Chiesa, 10.5M on Pineda.

b66a9043ae65e806136cc52b9bf442f3.png

This thread will consist of

- Monthly updates

- Big match updates

- Lots of rage.

Hope you guys enjoy whats about to come.

b66a9043ae65e806136cc52b9bf442f3.png

August 2016

Pescara 1-0 Ternana (Coppa Italia) - Alberto Gilardino

Pescara 1-3 Sassuolo - Jean Christophe Bahebeck

Lazio 5-1 Pescara - Alberto Gilardino

I'm not using my Boca Juniors tactic for once, so I started poorly mostly due to trying to get a grip of how I want to play. We started off with getting a normal win in the Coppa Italia over Ternana. We lost to Sassuolo due to a silly red card. We also got one in the Ternana match. Against Lazio we were simply awful and deservedly lost 5-1. 

Player of the month: Jean Christophe Bahebeck - A bit above Gilardino for me this month. A constant threat on his wing and got better ratings anyways.

Top goalscorer: Alberto Gilardino (2)

September 2016

Pescara 1-2 Palermo - Cesar Bovo

Napoli 1-1 Pescara - Alberto Gilardino

Pescara 4-1 Chievo - Gilardino (2), Bahebeck, Bovo

Udinese 1-4 Pescara - Gilardino, Bahebeck (2), Caprari

7 points a month is always a success for this club. We got another sending off in the Palermo match so I tweaked the system a bit and changed the instructions. It worked. Got a draw away to Napoli in the next match and scored 8 goals in 2 matches vs Chievo and Udinese.

Player of the month: Alberto Gilardino - Bahebeck came close yet again but Gilardino takes it this month. continuing to score.

Top goalscorer: Alberto Gilardino (4)

cd6cc83fa47d4c25c7a76a225f97c48a.png

A good start despite losing the first 3. We got 7 points in this month and I can see our good run continuing as this tactic seems to be working. Tough month coming up though. At home to Inter then away to Juventus. I think we'll get at least 1 point from those 2 games. More likely against Inter Milan.

Tactics

07f6fe1502f053b4647b4313a0fbf516.png

From the backline, the 2 full backs are going forward via player instructions and overlapping. The ball playing defender goes to play counter attacks while the anchor man sits deep to have 3 men in the center of defence. Fornasier is a cover so he sits deeper than Cubas and Bovo. Its been working well for the most part.

In midfield, I'm staying rigid. The 2 DLP are taken from the Boca tactic. Trying to have some creativity but with defensive awareness.

As for the 3 forwards, 2 inside forwards taking advantage of space that is created by Gilardino, the false 9. That way a few can mark him for them to make their way to the box and finish their chance.

The instructions vary depending on the match but I have tighter marking, look for overlap and be more disciplined.

Not a new save. Decided to finish what I started

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season		Division			Finish		Top Goalscorer	
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17		Croatian First League		2nd		Florentin Matei	(13)
2017/18		Croatian First league		2nd		Dario Vizinger (18)
2018/19		Croatian First League		2nd		Alex Succar (21)
2019/20		Croatian First League		2nd		Jose Arguedas (19)
2020/21		Croatian First League		1st		Jose Arguedas (34)
2021/22		Croatian First League		3rd		Jose Arguedas (19)
2022/23		Croatian First League		3rd		Jose Arguedas (21)
2023/24		Croatian First League		1st		Jose Arguedas (33)
2024/25		Croatian First League		2nd		Jose Arguedas (25)
2025/26		Croatian First League		2nd		Slobodan Babic (24)

Current lineup

6965db2cd2e87a364e2f68b1b101834a.png

10 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Three threads already. xD Why not just keep it all in one thread?

That's what I suggested, but there was no name change :(

I'm speechless. Losing 3-0 at home to Novigrad, 4th loss and its only August.

Europa league will be my focus this season.

Got drawn in a group with Braga, Spartak and Red Star. A bit disappointed to be honest, I was hoping for a team in one of the top leagues so I can continue practicing. At least this time I have a chance to top it.

This game is a fucking joke. Just lost to Osijek 4-1 with 4 of 5 shots going in. Its happened in the last 5 matches too. Its awful

This season has been awful, think the Boca tactic has had its day. If I keep my job I'll do a serious search for talent.

Got knocked out of Europa groups and am 3rd in the league. Dinamo is pissing it as usual.

A message for @Cannabis and @Stan 

I'm away for the weekend so I'm on my laptop save. When I get back I'll be back on Aberdeen and will start a thread on that so once I do please do not delete this thread. Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Club Deportivo Zuñiga are a third tier team in Peru that is known for starting the careers of players such as Renzo Sheput, Andy Pando and Edgar Villamarin. My inspiration for picking them is because they are the club I work for in real life.

Since there is no third tier for Peru available (and its impossible to make it accurate via editor), I moved them up to the second division in place of Alfredo Salinas and turned them professional. I also slightly boosted their rep to not make signing a full squad impossible.

I'm using my Boca Juniors tactic again, but with a slight twist. Instead of having them just overlap, I'm having the full backs run at defence as well as the poacher. Given all 3 have decent pace.

61afc186155057b8b56f6b56adb190f4.jpg

a32121870982a259a346a8f8297fe37a.png

Currently in 11th but 5 points behind first. Hopefully we can shock the division and gain promotion.

Some of the tables

First the regular one.

1c4aafaa1ae2f5cad7d046a2cd473c19.png

Not a bad season considering the board only want us to try and avoid relegation. Not only have we not been outclassed, but we're a good distance from the bottom 2. To me, we're sticking around in this division for the next season. There's a real pattern that has emerged from our form. We're absolutely brilliant at home and awful away from home. Doesn't seem to matter who the opposition is either. Look here

Home record

f9c4dcbdfefb88b67386178d97edb0be.png

Away record

73afbbb1117557863ad76d2894b82e88.png

Second in the table at home, second bottom away. Its my Everton save all over again! However at least this time I'm meeting expectations. That said, I just got spanked at home to Santa Rosa. They may be the best away team but we didn't even fight it. Oh well, you won't win all. Especially a team of our quality.

Saul Girar, signed him as a left back and he's gotten about 4 or 5 injuries in training. If I'm correct he's not even played a match because whenever he comes back he gets injured in the training sessions FFS xD

927692ac42b8a7a2ab073067a8a50e04.png

End of season review

Position: 11th

Top scorer: Renzo Valdez (17)

Most assists: Raul Tito (13)

Highest average rating: Renzo Valdez (7.05)

Team of the season

8396ea3a19f1b077451f0d840116caa7.png

The loanees are Raul Tito (Universitario), Flavio Gomez (Sporting Cristal), Erinson Ramirez (Alianza Lima) as the starters, Jordan Guivin (USMP), Alonso Tamariz (Alianza Lima), Rodrigo Menacho (Sport Huancayo) and Fernando Pacheco (Sporting Cristal). Hopefully I can renew Tamariz' and Tito's loan.

Our keeper Laurie is retiring at the end of the season so I'll have to search for a new one. Renzo isn't good enough simply.

Our home record ended as 7-4-4. Not bad. Our away record however, was 3-3-9. Dreadful even for our standards.

Considering we were 200-1 to go up and predicted to finish 15th, I'm happy with our season. Its a great start considering I had to build a squad from scratch. All these players were grayed out and I only have a reputation of 1500 (I boosted it a bit to not make the save impossible, given these are actually a division below in real life).

Some of my aims next season. Hopefully I can gain promotion as I'm already looking to reloan some of my current loanees and signing some of the top players in this division or reserves from the primera division. Hopefully I can somehow get Adrian Ugarriza. He'd be perfect for this level. I've already signed Fernando Oliveira from Manucci who in my memory is a brilliant player. Also signed a keeper from Blue Rays. Only 16 but we'll see if he's the replacement or not.

As for my youth intakes, I've improved our junior coaching budget but I still need some better youth recruitment. For me, I'll go for the facilities last. I find it hard to upgrade them with lower reputation or finances anyways. Hopefully Jefferson Da Silva Silva gets going, despite having a great name he actually looks like he might be something.

In the primera, Comerciantes Unidos and Sport Rosario have been relegated. We'll be playing them next season.

Here is the table.

8b88993a7af7c4f9fbb1ddd69bca9500.png

Next season I may do monthly updates. I'll give it a go if my first 2/3 months go well. If we're just going to finish mid table again, then its not worth the effort in my opinion.

927692ac42b8a7a2ab073067a8a50e04.png

My expectation is to finish top 7 this time, although I'd rather get promoted now which I think is possible with the squad we built. Its not quite at the heights of Sport Boys or Cesar Vallejo but we have a squad who can definitely push. Lots of first tier loanees and other good signings who are either proven in this division or were good in the primera but overall didn't really cut it into a team. Here is our transfer business.

7db58b652966f3b988f7ac1a8c4eef45.pnge985ec01100c9b5572f3dd2efd508372.png

7K in, 2K out. Can't complain too much with that, I'll screenshot the main ones. Ramon Rengifo is the one I'm most excited about. He was brilliant in my Aurich save so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in this division. Jose Bolivar and Franklin Gil are both U20 but both look like they can become talents. As for the outs, 1 I sold on my own. The free's were all unhappy players and there wasn't anything I could do to stop their departures. Not any loss though, only Franco was a starter.

Ramon Rengifo - Canny defender who can also do more than just the basics. I won't be playing him as a ball playing defender but at least I have some ability to play out of defence now. As mentioned, he's a player I'm well familiar with because of another save.

Fernando Oliveira - Not quite at the races anymore, but I still think as an advanced forward, he'll offer something.  Sure, some pace will be sacrificed but I'll win a lot more aerially which is always a nice asset to have. As long as I don't play him as a poacher I'll be fine.

Jose Bolivar - A young striker who is quick and will work excellently as a poacher. Have him on loan as mentioned and I probably won't start him but will play him off the bench. If he can impress me like Flavio Gomez did, he can win himself a starting spot.

Franklin Gil - Another loan from San Martin, and he's a bit better than Bolivar. I'll also play him as a sub although he's had some luck as Fernando Oliveira is out for 6 weeks so he'll get a few starts in the next few weeks. We'll see what's different between him and Renzo Valdez.

Anyways, let the season kick off and we'll see what happens.

This season's form has been the complete opposite of last season. Now we're shite at home but brilliant away from home. We've smashed a few teams by 5+ goals at their own grounds yet we always seemed to get shithoused when we're playing in front of our own fans.

640beda34a837c36730c84a0357580e0.pnge68c8f39041fa3702d719dd50bc10e18.png

6 points behind 2nd, 7 behind first. I have both games against the top 2 teams and then at home to one of the bottom sides. Can I pull this off?

• 2 weeks later...

Starting with...

ef8b64617302d4afae47a9665d84318e.png

We've had a good start here. Still the Apertura and we've made 3 signings. Omar Fernandez, Ricardo Andreutti and Thiago Galhardo. All with hyperlinks so you can see their stats. Omar Fernandez in particular has been class. Top in the assists charts and that's because he doesn't have an ego and always looks for the pass rather than the shot. So good at cutting in and shooting so he makes for the perfect inside forward. Ricardo Andreutti on the other hand has superb work rate and teamwork. That work rate is something I'm taking advantage so he's playing as my BWM on defend. Galhardo hasn't had a huge impact compared to Omar but he's still been good. 6.99 average rating is only 1 below 7 so its really not bad at all. Especially since his position isn't going to impact much in the system I'm using

fefcbba98aaa3ce6ca8304c074178ebf.png

In particular, 1.5M isn't too bad considering my 3M budget. All 3 transfers worked out, while some having less impact than I expected. They've still been good and I hope for it to continue in the coming seasons.

f59ed5428b862f2d32ca25adb50355e4.jpg

Here is the system I'm using. Its not worked wonders but overall it HAS been successful. With the 2 full backs running wide with the ball, getting forward to overlap while having a rigid and defensive midfield also with the support of the 2 center backs. Giving the front 3 free roam to attack albeit with less support. Of course, the false nine will create space for the inside forwards to take advantage. Offensively its worked really well. We also push higher up with tighter marking and play at a normal tempo. My plan B is to patientily work it into the box. I have Julio Furch or Djaniny as my subs and they usually work. Shame they aren't the happiest campers on the team, but at least they work.

Here is how the league table ended

dff88b072a69c864ea4689dca88d650a.png

My mentality for this league is to focus on the playoffs. Grab some form near the end to make sure you'll do well. Otherwise you may only have 2 matches. How did we do  in our case?

Quarter finals

Santos Laguna 3-1 Queretaró

Queretaró 2-1 Santos Laguna

This was a scary match. We dominated the first leg but made a mistake of conceding the goal and it almost cost us in the second leg. With them going 2-0 up and little sign of us scoring. I was getting close to throwing the towel. Chance after chance, nothing though. In the 85th minute, we get a corner out of nothing and Andreutti puts it past the keeper shooting us into the semi-finals. It was 1 AM for me but nevertheless, I wasn't tired enough to not celebrate the goal out loud. 

Semi-finals

Santos Laguna 5-2 Jaguares

Jaguares 1-2 Santos Laguna

I got a bit of a scare in the first leg. Going 3-0 up, I though we were going to bottle the tie when they scored 2 to make it 3-2. Luckily we scored 2 more and made it 5. I had no doubts into the second leg after that, we even managed to just sweep them aside in the away leg and that was that. We are in the Liga MX final in our first season.

Who will we get? Club America? Tigres? Monterrey?

No. We got

b17e0baab868328abe7a120e88806b6c.png

While I'm not going to underestimate Atlas as they are a good team, we got away with not getting Club America here. I couldn't be more delighted. I just hope we win.

The final will be updated play by play in the next post.

THIS POST WILL BE EDITED AS THE MATCH GOES ON. KEEP REFRESHING FOR UPDATES.

Lineups

7d5d7bae676c56425c29b6e4f7d9f150.png

Odds

Atlas 6-4

Draw 2-1

Santos Laguna 13-8

Jeanne Lalanne: "I like this Santos Laguna side and they should be able to secure a win against Atlas today"

1' The match kicks off!

12' Omar Fernandez runs up after a pass from Ronaldo Cisneros, takes a shot but it goes well wide.

17' Madueña receives a pass in the side of the box, crosses it in to Fidel Martinez, Martinez takes a first time shot, GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! Atlas take the lead in the 17th minute in this first leg of the final, its 1-0 

19' Reports at Univision are telling us that Brian isn't happy with his team. We can see him yelling at his players from up here.

43' Free kick for Santos, Omar Fernandez to take it. Ref gives the green light, he crosses it up to Izquierdoz, and ITS HIT THE POST AND GONE OUT! Atlas almost threw away the lead there. Still 1-0 to the home side, half time approaching.

45'+1 Half time. 1-0 to the home side. Its been a fairly even match but Atlas are in the lead.

UNIVISION PRESENT YOU THE HALF TIME STATS

bf248f73580342ef392f55a9d5cca700.png

45' Second half kicks off!

56' There's a sub for the visitors. Its Ronaldo Cisneros coming off. Coming on is Julio Furch!

59' Fidel Martinez runs on the wing, crosses it in to Barraza, it hits the post and goes out wide! Atlas had a chance to double their lead there.

65' Barragan goes into the box, Izquierdos tackles and Barragan is brought down for a penalty! Can Atlas double their lead here? Fidel Martinez steps up and GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! 2-0 for Atlas now. 25 minutes to go.

67' Carlos Izquierdoz is coming off for Nestor Araujo. He's not had a great game has he?

90+2' Jorge Isaac Rojas blows the final whistle. Atlas take the first leg 2-0. Has this task just become too big for Santos Laguna?

PLAYER OF THE MATCH: Fidel Martinez (8.6)

Archived