talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) South Park FC - Blue

football forum

First leg

3830c11f6c52fa8860971cab77dfce99.png

Frustrating first match as it was about even and the 1-0 was good enough but with 2-0 its going to be hard to come back. Going to experiment something else in the final. I don't have the confidence we'll score 3 in the second leg with this current system.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS POST WILL BE EDITED AS THE MATCH GOES ON. KEEP REFRESHING FOR UPDATES.

Lineups

d0997ad20744eb0cd42a2d53d88d78e8.png

Odds

Santos Laguna 2-5

Draw 11-4

Atlas 13-2

Jesus de la Torre: "Atlas' away from has been sketchy, but I think they'll record an away win to please their travelling fans

1' Match kicks off! Atlas 2-0 up on aggregate.

17' This is some nice build up play from the home side, Julio Furch gets a chance! A weak effort from Furch is comfortably saved by the keeper. Still 0-0

18' Shortly after the last chance, Santos are on the attack again. Furch over to Fernandez, in a triangle over to Cisneros, he shoots! And its saved by the keeper. Santos putting the pressure on. Still 0-0.

26' Abella receives a pass over to the wing, he runs down the flank. Crosses it in, its hit the post! There's still a chance here Furch, GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! Furch opens the scoring and its 1-0 to Santos Laguna!

30' Andrade crosses it into Cisneros, and his header goes wide. On target that was going in.

33' Enriquez passes it over to Andrade, Andrade crosses it in to Andreutti, first time GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! SANTOS HAVE TIED IT ON AGGREGATE! WE STILL HAVE A GAME HERE. 2-0!

35' Andreutti passes it over to Omar Fernandez, oh he's open can it be 3 here! Saved by the keeper! Atlas are not having a good time out there.

37' Oswaldo Martinez to take this free kick. He shoots! Saved again by Hernandez! There is still a chance here, Nestor Araujo goes for the rebound! It goes side netting.

45+1' Half time, Santos Laguna have a comfortable lead at the moment. 2-2 on aggregate.

UNIVISION PRESENT THE HALF TIME STATS

371d10e7a0ee25facbeb5b65606b3887.png

45' The second half kicks off!

52' Robles runs up, Fidel Martinez receives the pass and shoots! GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! ATLAS HAVE RETAINED AN AGGREGATE LEAD! 2-1 now. 3-2 on aggregate.

72' Oswaldo Martinez wins the ball off an Atlas corner, he makes a long ball over to substitute Djaniny to counter, crosses it into Furch! Barely misses a point on header. Still 2-1 here.

90+2' Santos Laguna have one last chance here. The corner is taken; sub Rodriguez takes a shot! It goes way over the bar. The final whistle is blown. ATLAS ARE LIGA MX APERTURA CHAMPIONS!

PLAYER OF THE MATCH: Carlos Izquierdoz (7.8)

8dd992439084cb4e9e9f236833c7569a.png

Obviously disappointed but to reach the final in my first season is still a superb effort, so while I do feel we should be beating Atlas, I can't complain with how the Apertura has gone. Time for the Clausura!

• Subscriber

I've played in Mexico as Pachuca in FM 2012, like the format of the league over there. 

A man after my own heart with the journeyman save B| what's the end game? Sticking with South America or looking for world domination?

14 minutes ago, adziom said:

I've played in Mexico as Pachuca in FM 2012, like the format of the league over there. 

A man after my own heart with the journeyman save B| what's the end game? Sticking with South America or looking for world domination?

Yeah I got a bit bored for now of building saves after failing a lot so I'm trying to win as many trophies as I can.

I'll mostly be sticking around in South America and Asia though. May take a go at Europe later on but for now those 2 are my aim.

Reached the Copa MX clausura final. I'll do a live match like I did with the apertura liguilla final. I got Jaguares in the final. My road to get this far.

Group stages

Potros 0-1 Santos

Santos 1-0 Chivas

Santos 0-1 Potros

Chivas 2-1 Santos

Knockouts

Dorados 0-1 Santos

Leon 1-1 Santos (1-3 penalties)

Santos 3-0 Toluca

5b1d63142af5f9a6e2b2be156c48b269.png

THIS POST WILL BE EDITED AS THE MATCH GOES ON. KEEP REFRESHING FOR UPDATES.

Lineups

09b4a76f1d3a0dcf2642fc7deb1042f8.png

Odds

Santos 6-4

Draw 2-1

Jaguares 13-8

Jose Ruiz: "This could be a close one. Santos Laguna aren't a bad side but they're having a poor run of form and I think Jaguares will have just enough to deal with them."

1' Match kicks off!

2' Omar Fernandez cuts in and takes a shot! ITS SAVED BY THE KEEPER, outstanding save to deny Santos of their first.

9' Lovely passing game from Santos here. Cisneros takes a shot, and its saved again!

34' Cross over to Abella, he takes a shot from outside the box! Muñoz with another saved shot. 0-0 still

45+1' Half time.

UNIVISION PRESENT TO YOU THE HALF TIME STATS

c5bde703e8a067aec3e3af9265fc16e3.png

45' Second half kicks off!

90' This one will be decided on penalties!

Knocked out of the playoffs by Monterrey last season. Now I'm working towards the next season with my 10M budget :) 

ef8b64617302d4afae47a9665d84318e.png

Will go over the transfers later as most of the players I bought are joining in December. Its been a solid start to the season and a good apertura.

285f2d1fa5db5f122dd748c505bb91cf.png

We finished second and qualified for the playoffs comfortably. Hopefully I can actually go on to win it, although one injury will really hurt our chances. We lack depth and that's what I've been waiting for. Most players are joining in December as I said. Anyways, I missed out on top spot on the last day. I lost to Tigres 4-0 and they beat me to it. Huge loss that could define our season because that meant we draw...

922c365b136ee06c6f9b4d89bd1ac3ae.png

Honestly I still think we can win, but our chances could have been so much better. Poor form or not, its still Club America and they can win without having to play well necessarily. Hopefully everything turns out alright.

As for the NACL, we got drawn in a group with Harbour View (Jamaica) and Olimpia (Honduras). We got through with 8 points. 2 wins over Harbour view and 2 draws against Olimpia was enough. This is a competition I want to win so hopefully we get a reasonable opponent in the knockouts.

ef8b64617302d4afae47a9665d84318e.png

2017-18 Season Review

Liga MX Apertura: We finished second in the league table, 3 points behind Tigres. We didn't make it very far in the playoffs unfortunately, losing 8-4 on aggregate to Club America (horrible draw for second place) and that was that. It was a good campaign but we should have done so much better given our form throughout the season. Monterrey went on to win the apertura.

Liga MX Clausura: We finished 5th and got knocked out immediately in playoffs by Monterrey. It would be harsh to call it a "deja vu" because we didn't finish in 2nd this time, but we lost immediately and they beat us comfortably. 4-0 on aggregate. 1-0 away, 3-0 at home. Monterrey also went on to win the clausura. Bicampeones.

NACL: This was probably our worst performance in the season. We never really looked competitive in any of the games and only managed to beat Harbour View in the whole competition. Drew both times to Olimpia and lost both games to Los Rayados who went on to win the competition. So yeah, Monterrey won everything this season. 

I didn't go over the transfers last season, I will now.

Ins:

Pablo Armero - 1.5M: With good physicals at his age, I was tempted to improve my left back depth and for 1.5M it seemed like a bargain to go for Armero. He's had Europan experience in Serie A and while in the end he didn't make much of an impact, I have another veteran who could help out with tutoring so he's still useful in the end.

Juan Carlos Garcia (regen) - 115K: After an impressive U20 World Cup, I took a look at his stats and they impressed me. I went for him and while he wasn't our best CB, he was far from our worst. He was in the middle and at only 18, he has a lot of room for improvement

Carlos Fierro - 3.6M: I definitely needed a striker upgrade. Ronaldo Cisneros is great on the pitch but his stats could be worth upgrading nonetheless. Fierro, former FM legend isn't quite as good as he was on earlier games. Fierro had a solid season but showed inconsistency. Either way I think I'll stick with him as the striker for next season.

Patricio Araujo - 2.6M: I needed more midfield depth and I'm a fan of domestic talent so I went for him. Didn't play too much but he's a solid rotation option.

As for the outs, no first teamers so no need to talk about that.

Did I mention I lost another final? 3/3 finals lost. This time it was against the big finals bottlers Cruz Azul. FFS

051590443b12c7931e6ad71ae0b6fd82.png

Copa MX final. Lost 3-1

Resigned from Santos Laguna after losing to Cruz Azul in playoffs. Getting beyond a joke how the team just regresses despite having superior players added every year.

I'm already in talks with another club for a new job, I will reveal my next club shortly.

BREAKING: Brian's Whatsapp messages with his family has been leaked.

In terms of football, he said this

"Right now I'm in Medellin, managing DIM and I love it here in Colombia, but my dream is to manage Millonarios. I want to get them back to the glory they once had. I want to win the Libertadores with them"

Brian has claimed before to be an Atletico Nacional fan during press conference in Mexico after having negotiations with players from the club.

- El Comercio

Incredible end to the clausura!

I needed a win at Atletico Nacional, in the Clasico Paisa. I won 1-0 to knock them out of playoff contention.

67844708ee97d5ce159da7db2b7dbd90.png

540380953ccabeb787f2c0667cdb65f0.png

Archived