talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM 18) South Park FC - Blue

football forum

Quarter final draw

89eed39366e2d42341ba9b629cc79b4e.png

Good draw that. Think we'll win. I'm not underestimating them but I do believe us to be a superior side.

Overall the 2 teams that most worry me are Once Caldas and Independiente Santa Fe. Thinking Santa Fe will reach the final.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've resigned from DIM and I'll do an update on it once I get off the skype call with my FM mate but I won the league back to back. Clausura anyways.

• 1 month later...

So the Hexagon Challenge is basically the Pentagon Challenge but with added Databases to include Oceania. I'm also adding Egypt and Costa Rica into this to make things interesting.

My first club...

62933e314384d05d9fd7190ffe617dbb.png

I had job interviews from AS Dragon (also Tahiti) and El Sharqiya (Egypt). I ultimately went with AS Pirae to have less expectation than AS Dragon and to begin at baby steps instead of going for the higher repped CL first in the CAF Champions League.

The beginning

So after 8 months of offseason, we finally begun. First of, it holds a similar points format to the CFA. 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss. Stupid to have 1 point a loss in my opinion. Just give 0. Either way its irrelavent as all teams are applied to the same rule of course. We're in third, this has been our matches so far. 

I won't do this every time, so you can expect inconsistency from this thread, but I'll do my best to make each reach enjoyable.

AS Piraé 2-0 AS Arué

We won deservedly and they hardly threatened. Ludivion our forward with 2 goals. Getting off to a good start is always nice and especially at home so I'm quite happy with this win. Not much else to add really.

AS Manu Ura 5-2 AS Piraé

Probably should have lost 7-0 to be fair. The defence was nowhere and we got few shots but managed to take 2 of our chances. They had 5 clear cut chances and hit the woodwork 5 times, which to me may be a new record. I'll have to get used to shit defences as I can't see this being the last time we get played outside the park.

AS Piraé 4-3 AS Central Sport

Another game of poor defences but at least we got the win here. We have to make our home a fortress because I'm feeling that away games will be awful.

e44223ad2092f1de74996cccccd58ada.png

Next up, our tactics

d236af0e3235f2d964edaa442cb27dde.jpg

As you can see, we don't have an assistant. I blame that on the fact that our former assistant decided to fuck off on his own and we couldn't afford anyone else, so I'm on my own here. Basically I have 2 pacy forwards so we're going to long ball it to the poachers to beat the offside trap and help us bag some goals. Its a very basic tactic but there's not much I can do with a bunch of amateurs. 

End of season

Its the end of season, and it was up and down really. Some good moments, other bad ones. One ending to forget however, that's your spoiler right there.

447bbdd11375d5fc4eb37c503475ee6e.png

After the Dragon game, we've had some poor form but we got it back as soon as I moved Aussu to left back. We just magically began playing well again. Unfortunately it still wasn't enough to beat AS Dragon in the next 2 games.

1fc4c080370b9cbe75c07e34b6998c2f.png

We got AS Dragon in the playoff as we finished 4th and them 1st. Unfortunately, it wasn't something I wanted as they beat me 3 times in the season all by a 3 goal deficit. Jean Ludivion was our top scorer with 27 goals, joint top scorer of the league actually. The tactics worked quite well but when it most mattered it let us down. That was obviously against AS Dragon.

Speaking of them, our game against them went like this

326c825cec53139d8eaa0eea6ab4c396.png

We lost 3-1, so yeah a bad ending to the season. We prepared well and did our best but we couldn't stop the Steevy Chong barrage as all his shots went in. Chong was the forward who played in the Confederations Cup in 2013. He's lethal in this league unfortunately and we couldn't stop him from scoring 3.

So I'm not in the OCL next season, what does this mean?

Well, honestly I can't see where we'll beat Dragon. The best players won't join unless we are in the final, so I'm going to take my talents elsewhere.

252827fe73e1e273e13dc02653dd9138.png

I try to have patience in FM, but I was only taking a gamble here to try and get in the OCL. There are a few jobs that interest me but I'll give it a wait until there is one that really is convenient enough.

• 7 months later...

6c44f461baf8d92afa47f9dff83455b4.png

The Aim

Win the champions league of course. This is a long term save I have started a few days ago and I want to firstly win the Swedish league a couple of times and win the UCL. I don't just want to win it by fluking my way to the final though, I want to win it with great players and create bonds with them as well as the team itself. I'm looking to create an unforgettable group of players as well as many different generations similar to what I had at Temuco.

What has been done so far?

The first 2 seasons have been played and they were a bit rushed as I really wanted to start the building. I've had a few players like Ivan Rossi who I signed from River but are now gone. I'll introduce my squad shortly but I'll introduce the actual players based on their monthly performance.

Squad

63a65c7e9dcc0e5ede1683cae155ecfd.png

As you can see, the process has really begun. A lot of U21 players. Lucas Paqueta I've had since the start. I signed him on loan from Flamengo and was able to loan him again the following 2 seasons. A few regens like Saito and Ramos and overall I try to have a balance between middle aged and young players.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

get a parent club from one of the 5 big European leagues if you can. Youngsters from their squads will help your cause no doubt.

I was considering that, but now that you're recommending it I think its a must.

Just now, Stan said:

just thinking about it as well, not only youngsters, either. 

are you in Europe?

I'm in Europa league. The first 2 seasons were really just to transition into the game. This season I'm going all out.

I won the Swedish cup last season though, so I'll update my signature in due time :) 

Just now, Stan said:

how far you get in Europa League? 

Will take a while to get winning the CL!!

I went as far as the second round last season losing to Horsens. Drew away and bottled the home leg.

This year I want to get to the groups - as long as I don't get someone silly like Ajax in qualifying.

Yeah it will take a long time but if I get into the save I have the patience for it. I did it with Temuco where it took me 40 years to win the Libertadores.

March and April

49bb35b86aaff2ef465b5715bc3b6e6b.png

dbb4f62bdbfebdef293cd8f3b88f7800.png

Some flaws in the opening month but overall 3 wins and a draw in 7 is a satisfying start to the season. Our top scorer was new signing Juan Castillo, while Minori Saito linked up well with the attack. He also happens to be a new signing. Anyhow, the Norrkoping is the only match where I felt I couldn't do anything. They just charged right at us and scored every shot in sight. It was stupid, but the other games I felt I made an impact. My only REAL complaint these 2 months is the home game vs Hammarby, which I felt we bottled.

8th in the table but still 6 points behind first, 3 behind second. No complaints from my side! Also note Marensson has the most yellow cards. That's a problem. I signed him as my ball winning midfielder and he's excellent but we've played 7 and he's gotten a yellow in every game he's played. I have no natural backup either, so something must be done.

Player of the month

0bd06d50526c8ddece3abd10be082e1b.png

I know this won't be just one month done but you get the sentiment. I signed Juan Castillo on 500K from Chelsea's reserves and he's been really good. I play him on the left as an advanced playmaker on support and he's stepping up when we need him. A tad inconsistent at times but overall he's had a great start to life at the club especially without the presence of injured Lucas Paquetá.

May

a11fb4993b623cb7dc6a2dae9814d211.png

What a month! Only lost 1 game and came back from 2 goal deficits twice. Against Elfsborg and Djugardens IF. Juan Castillo's form has gone down a bit but now Vinicius has really stepped up in the striker role. Scoring important goals and scoring general goals. Doesn't matter the context, he's been scoring - that simple. The only loss in this month pissed me off though against Jonkopings Sodra IF where we really fell apart. Really good month otherwise.

Player of the month - Per Frick

8dfe84be975c746bbd5626defccc7ae9.png

Per Frick is another new signing (yeah it was a clear out in the winter) and he's really clicking in that box to box role I've put him in. He also played as a central midfielder automatic and got a 9.0 in that specific match. He's been better than Vinicius who is a close second for this month, but Per takes the cake here.

Summer

8d6f6ca4fbb10ad69013abc5f252d7e2.png

87912315ad3cc4531e226096fa23a61d.png

Terrible month. The beginning of august was actually OK, but July and June were awful as was the end of August. We drew 1-1 at home and only beat Angelholms on penalties. They are in the THIRD tier. That's unacceptable.

Granted, we did have an injury crisis with Juan Castillo and Lucas Paqueta injured for most of the month, but we should do a bit better go grind results. We simply haven't done enough.

My aim is 3rd now. Hammarby have run away with it while Elfsborg still have 2 games in hand. Perhaps if I get a bit lucky I can clinch second, but the aim has to be third place.

Player of the 3 months: Charlie Adam

31731216b05e5e8137666a9ade18d3d9.png

A player who I believe needs no introduction. He's at a 7.36 average rating and has hit the ground running his joining. 4 goals and 2 assists in only 2 months is quite good. Hopefully he can keep on performing and I can hold onto him to have another veteran on the side.

A few updates in point form

- Milan took Effendi from me a year later. Board sold him so there was nothing I could do. FFS

- Still haven't won the league but I'm getting ever closer.

- Have a few young players which I'll post on here shortly.

- Most recently signed Axel Tuanzebe from United on a free.

Archived