talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos Signs For Arsenal

We keep getting linked to Sokratis Papastathopoulos and it's doing the rounds again today mainly from kicker. Apparently we only want to pay £13m as he is is going into the last year of his contract at Dortmund, but they are holding out for around £16m.

This may just be a rumour because we now have Sven Minsiltat at the club, and he already has purchased a few of his old players. I'm hoping that's all it is because I've heard he is nowhere near the same player he was a few seasons back. Honestly would rather just give Mustafi another year instead of wasting valuable budget on another player approaching 30.

Edit: Fucking Ornstein....

I have to say this is massively underwhelming if it does go through.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned

Haven't seen a whole lot of him and heard that he plays with a lot of commitment and goes in for tackles but that's no different from Mustafi. Does he stick to the defensive shape of the team? That's what we need.

His age isn't a worry as we need experience in that position as Mertesacker was basically out of the first team since 2 seasons ago and Koscielny's body is slowly deteriorating.

Big fan of Chambers and he was our best CB near the end of the season. Hope Emery keeps him in his plans.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Remember where we sent all our melts in the old days? Oh yeah, Australia. Enjoy your thongs and winter BBQ's you kangaroo loving, flip-flop shagging mong.

Sounds a lot more fun than queuing in line to purchase a license to use a butter knife - but then dying from a terrorist attack before getting home to make your toast sandwich.

28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I agree mate, thanks for keeping this thread on topic despite @Spike's best efforts. His IP address has been passed over to Steven Hawking for deletion.

d y n a m i c 
i p 
a d d r e s s 

Sokratis will do well in the Premier League. Real fighter, awesome defender. Great piece of business for Arsenal, and Dortmund losing more and more of their identity. 

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Infact I'm surprised Klopp didn't challenge us for this one.

He rejected Man utd to come to Arsenal as he has been a huge fan of Arsenal. 

Should complete tonight or tomorrow 19 million Euros

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He rejected Man utd to come to Arsenal as he has been a huge fan of Arsenal. 

Should complete tonight or tomorrow 19 million Euros

Why only €19m? (Not that I'm complaining mind you xD)

How long did he have remaining on his BvB contract?

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He is 29 years old, not worth more

29 for a defender is young in my books.  If it has nothing to do with the time remaining on his Dortmund contract, then this is a coup!  Let it be registered as one too!

• The title was changed to Sokratis Papastathopoulos Signs For Arsenal

Archived