talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eredivisie - Netherlands

football forum

I said this in the World Cup forum. Hmmmm

I think Egypt will get past the groups. Its not all about Salah, he's their star but there is talent in the Egyptian league as well as its the best league in Africa and there is a lot of under the radar talent at Al-Ahly and Zamalek. Its all about beating Russia really, which I think is possible.

18 hours ago, Asura said:

If you are talking about countries, then there arent many egyptians in europe either. If you are talking about continents there are as many south americans as there are africans in europe.

If you dont get the above, you should join a school to learn whats a country and whats a continent. Too bad they dont teach geography in journalism school in peru I believe :4_joy:

In @Blue's defence Australia is both a country and a continent so yeah it can be confusing :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I said this in the World Cup forum. Hmmmm

Haha,  the replies stopped as soon as I posted this. I think I won :coffee:

14 hours ago, Panna King said:

He has been quality Jahanbakhsh,    Germany have had plenty of Iranian players, Ali Daei the most famous one played for Bayern Munich

Ali Daei is probably the most universally loved Iranian to have ever existed.

On 5/12/2018 at 13:21, Stan said:

@Panna King ones to watch for Ajax. You may know about them already...

He is quality, the players coming through are very high standard, this is the best production of talents the club has ever had.    I really look forward to Kaj Sierhuis also, could become one of the best strikers. 

Brian Brobbey also, look at  the size of him, he is only 16.

Edited by Panna King

Van Persie signs for 1 more year at Feyenoord.  He was going to quit football at the end of the season, when he changed his mind while staring at the Feyenoord stadium de Kuip from his balcony, he said he always dreamed to play in this stadium with this crowd. 

So it wasn't the little boy inside of him this time :ph34r:

https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/van-persie-gaat-door-voel-me-eindelijk-weer-echt-voetballer~a0599182/

Edited by Panna King

Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Edwin van der Sar, Phillip Cocu and Ruud van Nistelrooij will put on the shirt of Oranje again with Van Gaal as the coach.

The so-called Dirk Kuyt Testimonial comes about a year after he shot Feyenoord to the championship with three goals against Heracles Almelo. The striker stopped after that game.

The special Dutch national team will play against Feyenoord during the second half of the game. National coach Ronald Koeman is the trainer of the Rotterdam team on this occasion and he also has players who played for the club in the past.

Feyenoord takes on a team consisting of former teammates of Kuyt from his time at Liverpool and Fenerbahçe. In that team, called the 'Friends of Dirk', the former attacker welcomed Jerzy Dudek, Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Jamie Carragher, Robbie Fowler and Craig Bellamy.

"I'm sure nobody will get bored," Kuyt says on the Feyenoord website. "Too many special things happen for that. The match with three special teams is of course the main part, but we want to constantly surprise the supporters around it. ''

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The family of footballer Abdelhak Nouri, who sustained severe brain damage after collapsing during a practice match last year, is holding Ajax responsible for what happened to him. The family is stepping to the KNVB arbitration committee, because Ajax refuses to accept any liability for the brain damage Nouri sustained, the family's lawyer said, NOS reports.

Nouri collapsed due to heart arrhythmias during a practice match against Werder Bremen in July last year. The young footballer was resuscitated on the field for several minutes before being rushed to hospital. Nouri was diagnosed with severe and permanent brain damage, likely caused by a lack of oxygen after he collapsed. He has been in a coma in a care institution ever since. 

According to the family, footage shows that resuscitation started too late. Ajax acted against all medical guidelines, the lawyer said. The family already held Ajax accountable in January, but the Amsterdam club refuses to accept any liability, according to the lawyer. The family is therefore appealing to national football association KNVB. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

This will get messy.

It is very messy, Ajax have already said that they will offer  Nouri a new 10 year deal on full pay roughly about 15k a week, which should be enough to pay for his care and support his family but his family have said they are looking for millions.     Ajax are really not responsible as it was not played in Amsterdam the game,  the match was in Austria on a training pitch, they had to rely on the Austrian medical services.  

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Been watching the highlight shows under the impression I'll develop some form of knowledge of future talents. Instead all I see is Hunterlaar and Van Persie get two goals each.

Bergwijn scored 2 for PSV, keep an eye on him, I think he is the best young player we have produced for a long while.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned