talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eredivisie - Netherlands

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Renato Tapia joins Willem II on loan.

I'm beginning to lose faith in him to be honest. I'm not against this move as he'll finally get game time, but at 23 he really should have begun to take the step up and not go to a bottom half side in a secondary league.

I still think he's a very good player but he's on that list with Carrillo and Cueva of players who only perform for the national team.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm beginning to lose faith in him to be honest. I'm not against this move as he'll finally get game time, but at 23 he really should have begun to take the step up and not go to a bottom half side in a secondary league.

I still think he's a very good player but he's on that list with Carrillo and Cueva of players who only perform for the national team.

Tapia is the guy that you said if he had a good WC he could get a move to Real Madrid or Barca, yeah?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Blue said:

Tapia is suffering from the World Cup, as he didn't get picked up by a huge club. 

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

Tapia is suffering from the World Cup, as he didn't get picked up by a huge club. 

He was concussed and hardly got to showcase himself.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Panna King said:

I meant it is Willem 2 so he should play well every week for them, he is the player with the most quality in their team.

If I were Tapia I wouldn't go back to Feyenoord unless he absolutely has to. If he performs like this consistently, as well at the Copa America then surely a better team has to come knocking about.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

If I were Tapia I wouldn't go back to Feyenoord unless he absolutely has to. If he performs like this consistently, as well at the Copa America then surely a better team has to come knocking about.

Like Barca or Real :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Realistically I don't think Willem II is a great feeder club for other teams so I'd imagine he will have to work his way up from a mid table side in a bigger league. I think the Copa America will be where he needs to build his reputation. 

On 23/01/2019 at 17:47, Blue said:

Realistically I don't think Willem II is a great feeder club for other teams so I'd imagine he will have to work his way up from a mid table side in a bigger league. I think the Copa America will be where he needs to build his reputation. 

Frenkie de Jong came from Willem II

• Administrator

Ajax had been well on top for 15 minutes but one attack from Feyenoord and they're level! Good play going forward by Van Persie leaves space for an unmarked Toornstra to nip in and place it past Onana. 1-1.

• Administrator

2-1 to Feyenoord!!

Berghuis gets as much spacce as Toornstra did for Feyenoord's first goal and he just about squeezes it past Onana. Again nice play by Van Persie and Toornstra's cross was perfect.

• Administrator

Just as quickly as Feyenoord equalised first time round, Ajax do so themselves! Ziyech is denied first but is able to get on to the rebound of Van de Beek's shot and fire in to the roof of the net. 

Great game for the neutral so far. Defending from both has been poor.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Thought I'd give some Dutch football ago and watching Feyenoord vs Ajax.

Schone just scored a beauty of a free-kick! 1-0 to Ajax.

@Panna King how long are no away supports allowed for at De Kuip?

No time limit but the ban will be for many years, same as Feyenoord fans are banned in Amsterdam.  It is because of the trouble in 1997 which saw 1 person die the leader of the Ajax Fside firm Carlo Picornie who was hit over the head with an Axe. 

Edited by Panna King
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Game over! 5-2 as Feyenoord break away and surely seal the victory. Ajax have conceded more goals in the last 2 games than they did in the rest of the season before that.

Ajax have been effected by De Jongs departure plus they have come back in poor form from the christmas break.  The new signing Magallan was awful today in defence. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ajax have been effected by De Jongs departure plus they have come back in poor form from the christmas break.  The new signing Magallan was awful today in defence. 

Who was the right-back? He got a good telling off by Onana (rightly so) for letting their left-winger constantly get the better of him. And he could never seem to mark him properly either and it led to a couple of the goals.

• The topic was unpinned