talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eredivisie - Netherlands

football forum

• 4 weeks later...

Ajax beat Feyenoord 4-0 yesterday   and PSV lost to AZ Alkmaar at home 0-4.      AZ Alkmaar have really impressed me this season as they are 2nd in the league,  with Stengs and Boadu they really are top class young players as they are doing really well for the Dutch under 21 team also.

Feyenoord fans attacked their own bus when it arrived back in Rotterdam, the players came off the bus to clash with supporters.  They are angry on how the team has performed this season, Karsdrop also was attacked and warned they didn't want him at the club while he was in the city centre with his family a few weeks ago as he is on loan from Roma, they feel he doesnt fit the club. 

Edited by Panna King

Jaap Stam has quit as Feyenoord coach.

Feyenoord’s technical director Sjaak Troost said Monday he regrets Stam’s decision.

He says Stam had the support of the club and players, “but if somebody says, ‘I don’t believe in it any more and don’t want to continue’ then we respect that.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Top 2 divisions to not play first minute this weekend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50496274

Footballers in the Netherlands' top two divisions will not play during the first minute of their matches this weekend to draw attention to racism.

It comes after the racial abuse of Excelsior's Ahmad Mendes Moreira by Den Bosch fans on Sunday.

While players in the Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie stand still, the message 'Racism? Then we don't play football' will appear on scoreboards.

An extra minute will be added on to injury time in the first-half.

The abuse of Moreira was condemned by many Dutch international footballers including Lyon forward Memphis Depay, while Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum said the incident "really hit me on a personal level".

During the Netherlands' 5-0 over Estonia on Tuesday, Wijnaldum and team-mate Frenkie de Jong pointed to the colour of their skin after the Liverpool star scored the first of his three goals.

Den Bosch have apologised to Moreira for declaring the striker mistook "crow sounds" for racist abuse during the Dutch second division match.

The referee brought the players off after half an hour as a result of the abuse from a section of the home fans.

Dutch football authorities have opened an investigation after the incident.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Panna King said:

Yes i watched, very poor result, Ajax missed Promes alot.  Very worried for Tuesday now Agaisnt Valencia.

Reckon Promes will be back? Heard that he may be out til after the winter break.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Ajax lose their 3rd game in a row. 

90th minute goal for Alkmaar who are now level at the top with Ajax.

Ajax need the winter break ASAP, they are tired and also have so many injuries.    AZ Alkmaar who even looked so bad against Man Utd in the 2nd half are a very good team apart from that performance,  they are full of youth like Stengs and Boadu who got the last minute winner.

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, I have a condition called heart failure and that's me on tablets for life, same effects, dizziness and whatnot, I am wondering if it's the same condition?

Quote.thumb.png.218c71de370aab5c9f3e55518a179dc5.png

Daley Blind: Ajax defender diagnosed with a heart condition

767749790_download(1).thumb.png.b2ad213a6b274769ed8fe7c65c10cc73.png

Ajax and Netherlands defender Daley Blind has been diagnosed with a heart condition after suffering from dizziness during the Champions League game against Valencia on 10 December.

The ex-Manchester United player, 29, has missed the last two matches of the year and will not rejoin training in January as he continues his recovery.

Ajax said Blind had been "diagnosed with heart muscle inflammation" after extensive medical examination.

"I feel good at the moment," he said.

"I am trying to come back as soon as possible."

Blind has been fitted with a subcutaneous implantable cardioverter-defibrillator, which sends electrical pulses to regulate abnormal heart rhythms, specifically those that can be dangerous and cause a cardiac arrest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50879119

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Panna King said:

ADO Den Haag won on Alan Pardews first game 2-0 against RKC, the fans made the coaching duo of Pardew and Chris Powell very welcome with their banners.

23604636-7905405-image-a-9_1579466430709

23604666-7905405-image-a-10_157946648427

Class that.... Got his work cut out for him there though, going to be interesting to see how things all pan out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sergio Peña got 3 assists and a goal yesterday in Emmen's 4-2 win over Willem II :o 

I've never liked Peña but he needs to be called up again to the national team. He's clearly leaving an impression in the Netherlands. Araujo also scored so good on him.

Funnily enough Renato Tapia is probably the worst of the 3 Peruvians in the Eredivisie right now, and I said he would end up at Real Madrid or Barca. One of my worst ever predictions. xD

• 3 weeks later...

This is insane. Apparently a dutch magazine just called Sergio Peña the best player in the Eredivisie at the moment :o 

As I said above, I've never been a big fan. Clearly though he's gotten to work to improve his game. Wanted by Ajax and Feyenoord fans (not sure about the actual clubs themselves) and has 4 goals and 4 assists for Emmen.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned