talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eredivisie - Netherlands

football forum

On 4/5/2018 at 17:52, Stan said:

wasn't finalised then. it is finalised now. 

Ajax have been calling it the Johan Cruijff Arena since October 2017 but it couldn't be changed officially as The Amsterdam Arena is also registered as a company so they have to come to agreements.  

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Ajax have been calling it the Johan Cruijff Arena since October 2017 but it couldn't be changed officially as The Amsterdam Arena is also registered as a company so they have to come to agreements.  

exactly what I was getting at :) 

According to Voetbal International, Boca Juniors defender Lisandro Magallan, who has been on Ajax’s wish list for some time, is a top target for the Amsterdammers. The 24-year-old centre-back is set to leave Argentina when the Copa Libertadores is over.

FC Nordsjaelland midfielder Mathias Jensen is also another target with Ajax sending scouts to watch the 20-year-old on several occasions this season. The expectations in Denmark are that Jensen is on his way to the Amsterdam ArenA

On 4/8/2018 at 14:00, Teso dos Bichos said:

Lozano with another goal for PSV

Sports illustrated:

Juventus are reportedly eyeing a move for PSV Eindhoven star Hirving Lozano as a ready-made replacement for Real Madrid target Paulo Dybala.

Italian football journalist Gianluca Di Marzio (via Deportes) has claimed that I Bianconeri want the forward to replace their current Argentine star if Dybala opts to leave for pastures new.

Real are said to monitoring Dybala's progress in Turin with an eye to potentially making a move for him in the close season, and Juve will want to have contingency plans in place for that eventuality.

Lozano would apparently not cost Juventus too much in the way of a transfer fee, given that players from the Netherlands never cost an arm and a leg.

It is unclear, however, if PSV would be willing to entertain any interest from Max Allegri's men, even if Lozano himself would be eager to head to Serie A to play for the reigning champions.

Lozano only joined the Eredivisie side last summer in a £7m from Pachuca in his Mexican homeland, and has impressed in his maiden campaign in Europe with a haul of 16 goals and 10 assists in just 26 games for PSV.

He will go for around 30-40 million Euros. 

Renato Tapia to leave Feyenoord at the end of the season I've heard from a Dutch friend. I think the level of club he goes to will depend on how he does in the World Cup.

He actually trialed for Liverpool in 2014 and didn't pass because he was apparently not tall enough of something. I can see them going in for him again. @Dr. Gonzo @LFCMadLad do you guys need a defensive midfielder with some offensive traits? 

Just now, Blue said:

Renato Tapia to leave Feyenoord at the end of the season I've heard from a Dutch friend. I think the level of club he goes to will depend on how he does in the World Cup.

He actually trialed for Liverpool in 2014 and didn't pass because he was apparently not tall enough of something. I can see them going in for him again. @Dr. Gonzo @LFCMadLad do you guys need a defensive midfielder with some offensive traits? 

I hear Barcelona or Valencia. 

Van Persie returned to Feyenoord in January but not everyone at the club was welcoming of the striker with several members of the board not keen on his signing. Giovanni van Bronckhorst was and pushed it through.

Since then, Van Persie has spent more time on the sidelines than on the pitch and the board have long term concerns over his fitness. According to VI, “Both Feyenoord and the player can decide at the end of the season if they do not to want to go further. How does Van Bronckhorst view that? And Van Persie himself? Internally, there are more and more noises that the collaboration will be terminated after this season, with the consent of both parties.”

Van Persie isn’t the only player whose future in Rotterdam is in doubt with Tonny Vilhena almost certain to leave in the summer along with Karim El Ahmadi and Nicolai Jorgensen, while Bilal Basacikoglu, Jens Toornstra, Sofyan Amrabat, Eric Botteghin and Renato Tapia may also leave if they get the right offer.

Edited by VanPaddy

Just now, VanPaddy said:

I hear Barcelona or Valencia. 

Barcelona would be a good fit for him I think. I can see him becoming a world class midfielder some day so he will be at the standard for it and he has learnt the Dutch game, which Barcelona have always followed Cruyffs teachings. He never played here in Peru in the Primera Division and is a very dutch-like player.

Valencia would be nice too but that only guarantees him game time. I think he will learn more at Barca.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, absolutely.

Angry Ajax supporters stopped the players bus at the Johan Cruijff Arena on Sunday evening, after the football team returned from a humiliating loss against PSV in Eindhoven. PSV won the match 3-0, thereby securing the league title for the 24th time in the Eindhoven team's history, NOS reports.

The bus carrying the Amsterdam footballers arrived at the Johan Cruijff Arena around 8:30 p.m., where angry fans had been waiting for some time. Witnesses described the atmosphere as threatening and police officers were on site, according to NOS. 

Amsterdam broadcaster AT5 reports that aggressive fans kicked and hit the bus, until director Edwin van der Sar got off to speak with them. The fans demand that Van der Sar resigns, because they hold him responsible for Ajax's disappointing season. Trainer Erik ten Hag also left the bus to support Van der Sar in his discussion with the fans.

Van der Sar spoke to the group of around 150 upset supporters until around 10:15 p.m., after which the fans let the bus continue to the Arena's parking deck so that the players could get off. 

In addition to the loss against PSV, and thereby falling out of the running for the league title, Ajax was also eliminated in the preliminary rounds of the Champions League and the Europa League. Halfway through the season, directors Van der Sar and Mark Overmans fired coach Marcel Keizer. But the team did not improve under new coach Ten Hag. 

23 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Angry Ajax supporters stopped the players bus at the Johan Cruijff Arena on Sunday evening, after the football team returned from a humiliating loss against PSV in Eindhoven. PSV won the match 3-0, thereby securing the league title for the 24th time in the Eindhoven team's history, NOS reports.

The bus carrying the Amsterdam footballers arrived at the Johan Cruijff Arena around 8:30 p.m., where angry fans had been waiting for some time. Witnesses described the atmosphere as threatening and police officers were on site, according to NOS. 

Amsterdam broadcaster AT5 reports that aggressive fans kicked and hit the bus, until director Edwin van der Sar got off to speak with them. The fans demand that Van der Sar resigns, because they hold him responsible for Ajax's disappointing season. Trainer Erik ten Hag also left the bus to support Van der Sar in his discussion with the fans.

Van der Sar spoke to the group of around 150 upset supporters until around 10:15 p.m., after which the fans let the bus continue to the Arena's parking deck so that the players could get off. 

In addition to the loss against PSV, and thereby falling out of the running for the league title, Ajax was also eliminated in the preliminary rounds of the Champions League and the Europa League. Halfway through the season, directors Van der Sar and Mark Overmans fired coach Marcel Keizer. But the team did not improve under new coach Ten Hag. 

@LFCMadLad was right xD

43 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Michiel Kramer banned for 7 games after stamp/kick on Alexander Buttner head and arm.

How’s the fuck criminal charges aren’t brought with things like that are beyond me. It’s almost like it’s semi acceptable because it’s a football pitch. He’s literally kicked him in the face with his studs (and completely non accidental). 

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How’s the fuck criminal charges aren’t brought with things like that are beyond me. It’s almost like it’s semi acceptable because it’s a football pitch. He’s literally kicked him in the face with his studs (and completely non accidental). 

Agreed, if that was off the pitch it be GBH at least, plus Buttner could of had damage to his eye or worse. 

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Van Ginkel has captained and led PSV to the league title. 

Now many would think we'd give him a proper chance next season. Wrong. He'll sell for 7 million and we will buy Livermoore for 40 million. 

He should really be at Chelsea now, he would actually be pretty good in the Chelsea squad, he is a solid technical player, no worse to what is already in the Chelsea midfield at the moment.    

• The topic was unpinned