talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eredivisie - Netherlands

football forum

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Stan said:

WTF. That looks so bad!

Very fortunate no-one was there. I'm guessing bad weather was a factor?

28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wow... how the hell did that happen??? weather or structural issues?? either way it was very fortunate that nobody was hurt.. 

High winds, apparently, but hey are still looking into it. Really lucky the stadium was empty when it happened... Will have to reschedule their EL match next week.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

High winds, apparently, but hey are still looking into it. Really lucky the stadium was empty when it happened... Will have to reschedule their EL match next week.

The high winds are too blame but the government are investigating the weight of the Solar power panels which were installed on the stadium last year and AZ Almaar didnt get a permit for it, maybe that could also of been to blame with the pressure of the wind.

Edited by Panna King

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ex Arsenal striker Donyell Malen scored 5 goals in PSV's 5-0 win over Vitesse Arnhem.

Ajax won 4-1 over Heerenveen with Tadic scoring one of the goals which now equals Dennis Bergkamps record at Ajax to score 10 goals in a row.

Feyenoord beat ADO Den Haag 3-2 and the ADO Fans like they do every year threw cuddly toys to the sick children from the Rotterdam Sophia Children Hospital, who always get invited to this fixture.

Edited by Panna King

PSV 1 - 1 Ajax - Goals from Promes for Ajax and Malen equalised for PSV.

The Vitesse Arnhem match was also the 75th Year anniversary of the battle of Arnhem during the Operation Market Garden. 

Vitesse Arnhem also wore special shirts to mark the occasion

vitesse-19-20-home-away-kits-13.jpg

Edited by Panna King

10 hours ago, Panna King said:

He is doing ok and scored against Feyenoord yesterday.

I saw that. Happy for him, but honestly I don't rate him very much. I think he's at the right club for his standards. I'll hope he does well anyhow.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Danny said:

QPR fans once stormed the boardroom with a gun and made the owner sign the club away 😂

Obviously it meant fuck all as he stayed on due to being forced to sign it

Christ, I remember that. Ridiculous. 

On 29/09/2019 at 19:39, DeadLinesman said:

Fantastic security at the stadium xD

Well they were not paid so I guess thats why they didn't help, also that main Security guy just said to him, I do not speak Spanish while the fans were man handling the owner out of the stadium xD

Edited by Panna King

CHELSEA loanee Ike Ugbo has not been paid by his Dutch club Roda JC thanks to their shambolic Mexican investor.

The Englishman, 21, has scored four goals on loan in the second tier of the Dutch pyramid.

But the former Eredivisie club want to use his wages to spread across the rest of the squad, instead of their star loanee.

Chelsea are now considering recalling their player early.

Ugbo earns about ten times what his team-mates take home and according to NRC, the coaches would rather have one angry unpaid player than several.

Fingers are being pointed at investor Mauricio Garcia de la Vega, who the club are desperate to get rid of after he attempted to take over the club last summer.

The ill feeling among fans at Parkstad Limburg Stadion is so bad that the local mayor and police advised De la Vega not to turn up at the ground for their home match against De Graafschap on Friday.

He did — but it would prove to be a mistake.

Some banners read 'Faker', 'Liar' and 'F*** off Mauricio' in protest at the Guadalajara banker.

After being asked to meet with angry supporters, he then declined and was literally pushed out of the stadium by furious fans.

No security guards intervened to protect him.

De la Vega has a record for bad deals in the past — including a failed takeover of Spanish club Real Murcia, where he did not have proof of funds.

'F*** OFF MAURICIO'

The situation is not dissimilar to that seen by Bury and fans worry the club could fold before the end of the season.

The players are not expecting to be paid next month either.

Now the Dutch FA, the KNVB, is looking into De la Vega's dodgy-looking takeover and wondering why the situation has reached this point.

Elderly owner Fritz Schrouff, 79, has been in poor health and was keen to make sure a new custodian for the club could be found for his 80 per cent share.

But it appears De la Vega has charmed him and not delivered on business promises.

His price for departure is £221,000 — and after that happens the club's players can think about being paid again.

Edited by Panna King

• The topic was unpinned