talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fabinho - Liverpool Sign Midfielder From Monaco

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

As Monaco announces an agreement with Liverpool for the transfer of Fabinho as from 1 July 2018! The whole club wishes the best for the sequel to "Fabi" under its next colors of @LFC. We will never forget you!

• The title was changed to Fabinho - Liverpool Sign Midfielder From Monaco

Well that's a bit mental. Been impressed when I've seen him in the Champions League, much needed addition to our midfield & can help out at the back if needed. Great to be getting shit done early. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Not sure he'd work as a replacement for Karius but would be a good signing for their midfield. 

I'm very confused by that comment O.o

• Administrator
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm very confused by that comment O.o

just a quip after the goal-keeping antics from Karius on Saturday and that Liverpool would look to replace him. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

just a quip after the goal-keeping antics from Karius on Saturday and that Liverpool would look to replace him. 

Ah right. They might consider putting him in goal after that game 

Henderson & Fabinho in central midfield? What does this mean for the incredibly improved Chamberlain (who didn't actually do anything different from when he was at Arsenal except score one less goal)? 

Pretty much perfect business. Zero saga, zero chance of a hijacking, done before the window even opened, and addresses a glaring weakness.

I think I've heard his form has went a bit off the boil this season but that's also been a collective thing at Monaco as far as I understand it compared to the brilliant season in 2016/17. With a settled role, his enthusiasm for the move, improved quality around him, a full pre-season, and Klopp's coaching I'd expect we'll see him at his best soon into next season.

26 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Henderson & Fabinho in central midfield? What does this mean for the incredibly improved Chamberlain (who didn't actually do anything different from when he was at Arsenal except score one less goal)? 

Fabinho, Keita, & the Ox I think might be better.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know anything about him, but cool.

Fabinho is a very good player. He is a defensive midfielder that allies physicality and good technique. Originally, he was a right-back but, in my opinion, he is much better on midfield. As @Spike mentioned, he takes penalties very well. I don´t recall seeing him missing one. 

Considering you were dealing with Monaco, a club that knows to sell very well, I´m surprised at the price. I guess you have to thank Tite for not calling him to our NT. Anyway, a really smart piece of business by Liverpool.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Ox probably rotates between centre mid and a wide position seeing as he doesn't naturally take up the position of a centre mid (at least not at Liverpool)

Ox has spent almost all his time as a CM whilst at Liverpool?

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

With him and Naby Keita coming in I think it means Hendo out of the starting 11 and VVD for captain. 

For me that would be an excellent improvement to our starting 11. A similar upgrade in goal  with a couple more squad players coming in and we are good to go. 

Archived