talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fabinho - Liverpool Sign Midfielder From Monaco

Henderson as a Kehl type to see the squad through periods of rotation, and come on to shore the team up later in matches still leaves him a very big role. Evenwhen he was behind Sahin-Bender or Gundogan-Bender, he still got a good number of games right up until he retired.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Fabinho is a very good player. He is a defensive midfielder that allies physicality and good technique. Originally, he was a right-back but, in my opinion, he is much better on midfield. As @Spike mentioned, he takes penalties very well. I don´t recall seeing him missing one. 

Considering you were dealing with Monaco, a club that knows to sell very well, I´m surprised at the price. I guess you have to thank Tite for not calling him to our NT. Anyway, a really smart piece of business by Liverpool.

I don't know the player that well but my first thought was if he was that good, why isn't he in the Brazil squad?

Do they have better options or just a choice of different preference from the manager?

Just now, Lucas said:

I don't know the player that well but my first thought was if he was that good, why isn't he in the Brazil squad?

Do they have better options or just a choice of different preference from the manager?

Casemiro and Fernandinho off the top of my head are clearer candidates for the base of midfield. Not exactly an embarrassment to be right behind those.

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Henderson as a Kehl type to see the squad through periods of rotation, and come on to shore the team up later in matches still leaves him a very big role. Evenwhen he was behind Sahin-Bender or Gundogan-Bender, he still got a good number of games right up until he retired.

I'd keep Milner for that. Not sure I feel right about demoting our captain and keeping him around. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I'd keep Milner for that. Not sure I feel right about demoting our captain and keeping him around. 

Why not? Henderson can either accept his rightful place as a squad player or end up at West Ham or someone else who yo-yo's between about 8th and 16th.

What I like most about this is we'd only been linked seriously with one defensive midfielder for the back end of last season. And lately the rumours are he's going to City (Jorginho) and I was a bit worried because we needed one.

Now there's shit saying we've been tracking Fabinho since February and he's one of our top targets for the summer. But the first we heard of it was yesterday an hour or so before he signed.

In any case, if you're a Liverpool fan who thought our current crop of midfielders needed improving, like me... with Keita and Fabinho that's around £100m invested for 2 of the 3 starting spots in central midfield. And one is a defensive midfielder, which we've been crying out for. So that's obviously encouraging.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What I like most about this is we'd only been linked seriously with one defensive midfielder for the back end of last season. And lately the rumours are he's going to City (Jorginho) and I was a bit worried because we needed one.

Now there's shit saying we've been tracking Fabinho since February and he's one of our top targets for the summer. But the first we heard of it was yesterday an hour or so before he signed.

In any case, if you're a Liverpool fan who thought our current crop of midfielders needed improving, like me... with Keita and Fabinho that's around £100m invested for 2 of the 3 starting spots in central midfield. And one is a defensive midfielder, which we've been crying out for. So that's obviously encouraging.

It’s interesting because many felt the side particularly needed an incisive passing CM like Jorginho to help break minnows down and instead they’ve went for a very different player more known for ball-carrying.

Having lots of direct runners like Keita and Fabinho isn’t the conventional way to break down deep defences but Liverpool seem convinced by that mould of CM.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Tite prefers his Corinthians boys, Paulinho and Renato Augusto. In my opinion, Allan, Fabinho, Jorginho (who wanted to play for Brazil but was told that he wouldn´t make the team), Arthur all should have gotten chances to gain a spot in the national team. 

On 5/28/2018 at 21:47, The Artful Dodger said:

Getting their shit done early, always a positive. 

This. Can only wish we'd do the same.

On 5/29/2018 at 17:53, LFCMadLad said:

I fucking love us under Klopp. He's literally totally transformed us as a club.  

Can't wait for next season already.

And this.

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

This. Can only wish we'd do the same.

Yeah - doing your business early is always nice. Removes a bit of uncertainty and the player gets the full pre-season to get used to his new teammates.

I imagine it wouldn't be super productive getting players in early at Chelsea right now. Without knowing what the manager situation really is... it might just be bringing in bodies for the sake of bringing in bodies. When millions of pounds are at play... that doesn't necessarily seem like the best business decision.

Would be great for the league though if Chelsea ended their short-termism with regards to management (and promoting their young players). Bring in the right manager that plays attractive football, give them some short term goals for each season and long term goals to achieve within 5 seasons, and back them with the finances we know Chelsea can back their players with... and Chelsea would be something else to what they already are now. And what they are now is one of the stronger sides in England with a lot of financial backing. The biggest problem with Chelsea, is Abramovich's impatience (which I don't always think is reasonable, particularly when the league has gotten more crowded at the top over the last 10 years) and the lack of a cohesive plan that lasts beyond a single season.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah - doing your business early is always nice. Removes a bit of uncertainty and the player gets the full pre-season to get used to his new teammates.

I imagine it wouldn't be super productive getting players in early at Chelsea right now. Without knowing what the manager situation really is... it might just be bringing in bodies for the sake of bringing in bodies. When millions of pounds are at play... that doesn't necessarily seem like the best business decision.

Would be great for the league though if Chelsea ended their short-termism with regards to management (and promoting their young players). Bring in the right manager that plays attractive football, give them some short term goals for each season and long term goals to achieve within 5 seasons, and back them with the finances we know Chelsea can back their players with... and Chelsea would be something else to what they already are now. And what they are now is one of the stronger sides in England with a lot of financial backing. The biggest problem with Chelsea, is Abramovich's impatience (which I don't always think is reasonable, particularly when the league has gotten more crowded at the top over the last 10 years) and the lack of a cohesive plan that lasts beyond a single season.

Yeah mate of course.

Although once the manager is sorted it would be nice to get the players in relatively early. We always seem to be negotiating until the last minute on deadline day.

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah mate of course.

Although once the manager is sorted it would be nice to get the players in relatively early. We always seem to be negotiating until the last minute on deadline day.

I always wonder if some clubs have some sort of deal with Sky where if they can have a deadline day transfer saga going, so Sky gets some TV ratings and ad revenue, they'll drag shite out to have a transfer saga just for some "dEaDlInE dAy dRaMa"

Archived