talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Abramovich granted Israeli citizenship

• Administrator

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/28/roman-abramovich-granted-israeli-citizenship-tel-aviv-chelsea

I noted that the British government were asking questions about the acquisition of Romans wealth, slowing the visa application. So he buys  Israeli citizenship (yes I know he is Jewish but still, he bought it!)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read through the the article and I'm not upto scratch on Roman's private life... But has he ever lived or is he a registered resident in Israel?

Being Jewish is a ridiculous reason to be granted citizenship of a country you weren't born in or have never lived in for the stipulated amount of time.  What if I convert to the Shintu religion, become an influential magnate and demand Japanese citizenship?

I could be talking through ignorance here though, because as I said, I don't know anything about this case and I'm making a comment off the cuff.

• Subscriber

"The Times of Israel said Abramovich would be exempt from paying tax in Israel for 10 years and would not need to explain the sources of his wealth in that time."

versus having to give documentation for all your wealth and get a visa which technically entitles you to fuck all that you can't already do from elsewhere. Looks like he got a sweet deal. 

News from 2028 - Roman Abramovich is now Chinese

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

"The Times of Israel said Abramovich would be exempt from paying tax in Israel for 10 years and would not need to explain the sources of his wealth in that time."

versus having to give documentation for all your wealth and get a visa which technically entitles you to fuck all that you can't already do from elsewhere. Looks like he got a sweet deal. 

Shit how all these countries running up deficits compete against each other by making deals none of them can afford. Make the people pay ffs.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Haven't read through the the article and I'm not upto scratch on Roman's private life... But has he ever lived or is he a registered resident in Israel?

Being Jewish is a ridiculous reason to be granted citizenship of a country you weren't born in or have never lived in for the stipulated amount of time.  What if I convert to the Shintu religion, become an influential magnate and demand Japanese citizenship?

I could be talking through ignorance here though, because as I said, I don't know anything about this case and I'm making a comment off the cuff.

A lot of Jews can get Israeli nationality without any issues, because in the past the Jews were thrown out of a lot of countries like Spain, Portugal etc and only a few places would accept Jews before The World War 2 happened, called Mokums which translates to safe havens for Jews were they settled and they are Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Berlin, Delft, Rotterdam and Winschoten.  Since after the war the Jews were given permission that they could return to Israel, in an act called right to return, grants any Jew Israeli nationality.  

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

A lot of Jews can get Israeli nationality without any issues, because in the past the Jews were thrown out of a lot of countries like Spain, Portugal etc and only a few places would accept Jews before The World War 2 happened, called Mokums which translates to safe havens for Jews were they settled and they are Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Berlin, Delft, Rotterdam and Winschoten.  Since after the war the Jews were given permission that they could return to Israel, in an act called right to return, grants any Jew Israeli nationality.  

How does that translate to a billionaire that already has a no issues citizenship and residency?

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How does that translate to a billionaire that already has a no issues citizenship and residency?

That act is still in place to any Jews no matter who they are and what they have.   Its also a way of Roman coming back to the UK with an Israeli passport. 

Just now, Panna King said:

That act is still in place to any Jews no matter who they are and what they have.   Its also a way of Roman coming back to the UK with an Israeli passport. 

Oh, I perfectly understand why Abramović has done this.

But history shows us many wrongs done to natives of many lands and yet there are none of these implementations.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But history shows us many wrongs done to natives of many lands and yet there are none of these implementations.

No idea, why that is but I know a lot about the Mokums as my family used to hide the jews during the war, the one's that survived were given permission to return to Israel if they wanted as they would be safer there but they were not even from that country.  Its a strange thing but it does show you the Jews control mostly everything that goes on in the world, hence why Hitler wanted to get rid of them due to what they did in the late 1920's and 30's crashing the stock markets and causing the great depression which German suffered big time from, all because they could build up America.    

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Also the Israeli passport is Visa free to a 152 countries. 

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No tax for ten years? Is it normal for no one to pay tax in Israel because the US gives them so much money...?

America is controlled by Jews so technically they are just putting money back in their own banks. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

exempt from paying tax for 10 years - that would be reason enough.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

exempt from paying tax for 10 years - that would be reason enough.

I think the paying tax part is something he doesn't care about honestly. He's got investments and fortunes that can cover that easily. The other part where he doesnt have to explain the sources of his wealth is where the problem comes for him. There might be some serious skeletons in that closet and he can't afford any of that.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think the paying tax part is something he doesn't care about honestly. He's got investments and fortunes that can cover that easily. The other part where he doesnt have to explain the sources of his wealth is where the problem comes for him. There might be some serious skeletons in that closet and he can't afford any of that.

i'm very ignorant with this so please bear with me, and pardon my ignorance :P  ... i just found out that Roman only has a UK Visa, so, that means, in the UK a foreigner can buy property ??    Coz in my country, a foreigner can never buy a property, well, there are loopholes such as he will marry a pinay and put the Title of the property under the pinay's name or be the financier and put it under a pinoy's name .....

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i'm very ignorant with this so please bear with me, and pardon my ignorance :P  ... i just found out that Roman only has a UK Visa, so, that means, in the UK a foreigner can buy property ??    Coz in my country, a foreigner can never buy a property, well, there are loopholes such as he will marry a pinay and put the Title of the property under the pinay's name or be the financier and put it under a pinoy's name .....

If you've got dirty knees and a bucket load of cash for investing you can buy property on the moon forget in the UK. As you alluded to with your post about the rule in the Philippines, there are ways around the system and this would be no different really. 

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If you've got dirty knees and a bucket load of cash for investing you can buy property on the moon forget in the UK. As you alluded to with your post about the rule in the Philippines, there are ways around the system and this would be no different really. 

thanks.   so anywhere in the world is basically - money talks.

Sneaky way to get around the sanctions. I think he should still be barred from the country and his assets. You can't be close to a man who authorised a nerve gas attack in Britain and expect to still be totally welcome.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sneaky way to get around the sanctions. I think he should still be barred from the country and his assets. You can't be close to a man who authorised a nerve gas attack in Britain and expect to still be totally welcome.

Yeah thats the problem when you have an Israeli passport its Visa free in 152 countries.   Most mega Rich are Jews also, not sure what Britain can do about Romans case but it is the British fault why there is Russisn gangsters in London as they needed their dirty money.

14 minutes ago, Berserker said:

You just realized this? :|

actually, no.    but Britain being in Europe, my whole perspective is they have strict laws regarding property and all that.     Being one of the world powers, i expected that they have less corruption unlike my country where corruption is already a culture

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If i recall correctly Jews don't believe in converting people. There are some Jews who believe one can become a honorary Jew but real Jews are those whose maternal line is not broken.

25 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

If i recall correctly Jews don't believe in converting people. There are some Jews who believe one can become a honorary Jew but real Jews are those whose maternal line is not broken.

whoa !!!   so their religion is of inheritance, that's kinda discriminatory, aint it ???

30 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

You can’t convert to Judaism unless a man marries a female Jew and even then the situation isn’t clear cut and only a third generation keeping to the rules from there on in would be seen as ok. I have Jewish family members and I know how this works where there are all sorts of connotations. 

The fact you can’t convert thouhg, for me personally adds more weight to their side of the three main Abrahamic religions. But that’s a whole different debate. 

Archived