talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raheem Sterling & Riflegate

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Anthony Joshua is a boxer, boxers get more respect than footballers. You never hear someone say "a solider should get paid the same as a boxer". Boxers are also a lot more prominent and AJ is the most prominent of them all right now. Sterling is just a young footballer and one of many, so easy to attack him.

Ever since Sterling's emergence as a young prospect on the national stage he has been targeted by news outlets, that simply doesn't happen to our other footballers. Sterling is young, black, successful and has a kid young, that's all they needed to start it all.

He's also an easier target as his move from Liverpool to Man City caused a stupid amount of attention whereas other prominent young black footballers in the country are already at a big club.

Personally I feel if Joshua behaved like Haye or Chisora when he first emerged he would have a target on his back. He just comes across as a very humble and likeable character.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Personally I feel if Joshua behaved like Haye or Chisora when he first emerged he would have a target on his back. He just comes across as a very humble and likeable character.

Joshua wants to make a name for himself, could you imagine if he'd of said the things Fury did? If he had the drug problem on top of his previous arrests?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Don't worry @Lucas you're not a ghost mate xx

in my defence, this is how Lucas' post comes up on my work PC so wasn't sure if it was the same picture he'd posted or not

l.PNG

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This all seems to have started when Sterling left Liverpool. Interesting that...

Sterling got plenty of shite from the media while he was with us too.

Lots of shite about how his friends were a bunch of cunts and gang members (which I assume is stemmed from racism), shite about how he was having kids with every woman in Liverpool (at the time he only had one kid) - does everyone not remember that shite about how Sterling apparently had loads of kids? The entire thing was bollocks

Weirdly some of the criticism the sun and some of our other shite tabloids gave him during our time with us was generally about how he is... good with money. They'd be upset that a megastar football player making millions did things like shopped at Poundland. Shite that I imagine only racists would get upset by.

In any case, you'd have to had a medical procedure where your brain is replaced with a literal pile of shit to believe that the sun (of all fucking papers) has a Liverpool FC leaning slant xDxDxD

On 29/05/2018 at 23:14, Lucas said:

De_XMJ_MWs_AA90_JN.jpg

This photo was posted nearly three weeks ago after City received the title.

Whatever the thoughts are on the tattoo, there is no coincidence that the English media have waited until the domestic season was over, and the focus was on the international side ahead of a big tournament, to attack the player.

It is piss poor that as a nation, we cannot come together and get behind our team.

Agree mate. Its quite sad.  football is a confidence game and its no wonder that the collective ego of the England side has been shot to shit since at least the 2002 WC exit.

It is a bigger barrier to success than any technical deficiency imo in terms of football played on the pitch. Your guys are haunted by the ghosts of tournaments past and the media  are sitting there in the front row of the stadium brandishing carving knives with nasty articles they've already written and are just waiting to click "submit"....

Archived