talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Tisdale Leaves Exeter; Hired as MK Dons Boss

MK Dons plan to open talks with Exeter manager Paul Tisdale later this week, Sky Sports News understands.

Tisdale, the longest-serving boss in English football, endured Wembley heartache for the second consecutive season on Monday, losing 3-1 to Coventry in the Sky Bet League Two play-off final.

The 45-year-old has been in charge of Exeter since 2006, but is yet to sign a new contract to stay at the club.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always wondered why he was so loyal to Exeter when he was hamstrung by the fact the club is fan owned and therefore, the budgets there are small so the club is limited as a result. He’s done superb there, he’s led them from the Conference to League One and now into back-to-back Play-Off Finals in League Two so he’s really deserved a shot at a bigger job.

I know Exeter fans got a bit sick of him towards the end but I think they’ll realise how good they had it now he’s gone. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I know Exeter fans got a bit sick of him towards the end but I think they’ll realise how good they had it now he’s gone. 

I have to agree there. Albeit it will interesting to see how much of it was Tisdale and how much of it has been the set up of the club. They've been doing something right as the Manager can't really take individual credit in producing the likes of Ampadu, Watkins etc.

I know I said the other day that it's a weaker division than previously, but next season there's teams like Swindon and Mansfield who will be pissed at how the last season went. Then you've got Notts County progressing nicely. So sides will improve and I think they'll struggle to replicate the last two seasons.

• The title was changed to Paul Tisdale Leaves Exeter; Hired as MK Dons Boss

I reckon this could be a cracking appointment given his experience and knowledge.

I've been saying it for ages. With the stadium, academy and infrastructure behind it. One day somebody is going to walk in to that club and make it all click. Paul Tisdale could be that man.

Archived