talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shots Fired Outside House of Commons (UK Parliament Building)

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Toony said:

There's all these people giving eye-witness reports and they all completely contradict each other.

on BBC i've heard very similar stories to be honest. not that many contradictions, if at all. gotta take in to account that they're from different perspectives i.e. some from inside parliament or some on Westminster Bridge so bound to have different views.

1 minute ago, Romesh said:

on BBC i've heard very similar stories to be honest. not that many contradictions, if at all. gotta take in to account that they're from different perspectives i.e. some from inside parliament or some on Westminster Bridge so bound to have different views.

Some people are saying there was a body in the river and some aren't and some are saying they heard gunshots on others are saying they didn't.

Regardless of what people are saying, seeing something like this happen in real life must be galling in the extreme.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Toony said:

Some people are saying there was a body in the river and some aren't and some are saying they heard gunshots on others are saying they didn't.

Regardless of what people are saying, seeing something like this happen in real life must be galling in the extreme.

agreed. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reports of the incidents are getting confusing. How many attackers are they dealing with? 

1 attacker who was shot by police.

Just now, VanPanna said:

Were there 2 cars?? or 1 car but who entered the Parliament grounds? 

1 car. Mowed people down on Westminster Bridge.

Carried on in to Palace Yard which is just outside Parliament and crashed in to railings then driver fled seemingly in to Parliament buildings where he allegedly stabbed a police officer and was then shot. 

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I saw somewhere that the copper was one of the two now reported dead, I know a woman died on the bridge but what's not clear is, is it one attacker or two separate attacks? 

One attacker.

• Administrator

one thing that should come out of this (as well as hoping there are no more fatalities) is the praise for police and emergency & medical services. They reacted within 6 minutes to the incidents and have stopped this terrorist incident from becoming far worse. Especially to the armed police who shot down the terrorist. 

It's absolutely horrible.

They've taken the attacker into A&E flagged by armed police. Imagine if you were a member of the general public sat in there and all that walked in. This is horrendous.

• Administrator
Just now, Toony said:

It's absolutely horrible.

They've taken the attacker into A&E flagged by armed police. Imagine if you were a member of the general public sat in there and all that walked in. This is horrendous.

i can only presume that they want to keep him alive (for now) to find out more info about him i.e. why he did the attack and more importantly if he knows about further attacks etc.

I get what you mean though - as if its preferential treatment for the one that caused all this shit. 

Archived