talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shots Fired Outside House of Commons (UK Parliament Building)

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

How did an attacker or anyone get past inicial security at Parliament Palace grounds? O.o

an addition to this, it's Parliament Yard which is manned by unarmed police officers I think I heard earlier. Always loads of tourists there etc. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

It always hurts when I hear a person from the emergency services has died in the tour of their duty. Such a thankless job that people do because of their passion to help others. 

agreed. just RT'd this on Twitter which sums it up perfectly...

Just turned out on the BBC news and they were asking what could have been done to prevent this.

Really? What do they expect? Armed police officers on every street and corner? A couple of months ago the mayor of London was getting his knickers in a twist about Police Officers carrying spit hoods ffs.

18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

IMG_1869.JPG

Red arrow me I don't care Europe has a huge problem 

Did you copy that yourself? When I look it up, this is what I get.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7db2804ee56e26354e2ba2175c9bdaff.JPG

And so far, translating the responses, it's been about 4-1 condemning the attacks to supporting them.

They do often reference Turkey as being behind the attacks.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Channel 4 saying the attacker was Trevor Brooks, an infamous hate preacher who was jailed in January 2016 for breaching counter terrorism rules.

Looks very much like him on google images.

Channel 4 saying the attacker was Trevor Brooks, an infamous hate preacher who was jailed in January 2016 for breaching counter terrorism rules.

If so, he is famous for his involvement with Salafi jihadist. Which is illegal, and not the true representation for the Muslim religion.

Channel 4 also reflected on his association with Abu Hamza in the nineties, who you'll remember from the situations a few years back culminating in his life imprisonment. Apparently Brooks was a big fan of his and preached to his fundamental militant beliefs. Disgusting it came this far. The post above is also very disturbing what with this being supported by some.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

on what grounds was he let out?!

32 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That will be embarrassing for the authorities and lead to some serious questions.

If true, It's long overdue and sadly it was always going to take something like this to happen for it to be an issue to be taken seriously. The criminal justice system is fucked as prisons are overcrowded and there's not enough funding for it to operate effectively. If anything comes out of this I hope it's that the members of parliament who seem to get a kick out of making cutbacks to the public services open there eyes and wake up to the fact that they cannot keep doing this.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Is that a facebook live, on twitter?

It was Facebook live stream. 

1 hour ago, ATL said:

Did you copy that yourself? When I look it up, this is what I get.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7db2804ee56e26354e2ba2175c9bdaff.JPG

And so far, translating the responses, it's been about 4-1 condemning the attacks to supporting them.

They do often reference Turkey as being behind the attacks.

It's evened out now in fairness, initially it was what seemed a joyous reaction. I've just checked again and this is the reactions

IMG_1872.thumb.PNG.8403ccab8f0a080e4eba59258f27175f.PNG

still a bit concerning how many laugh or love it. 

Archived