talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shots Fired Outside House of Commons (UK Parliament Building)

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VanPanna said:

It was his Son not even him and still he gets the blame 😄

Because his sons seem to be heavily under his influence. If you don't think all of his offspring are as like minded as him, then you should look up other shit they have said.

Ivanka is the only one that has been in the spotlight and seemingly seems like a successful business woman.

This is why there are many individuals in Europe capable of what happened yesterday as we have seen in France, Germany and Belgium also,  it is because the majority are too busy protesting and shocked about the likes of Trump, Wilders, Farage etc etc who want to stop things like this happening, to stop taking people from conflict areas who have not been screened through a system.  There are also people  in well known areas across Europe who are Radicalising people in to these extreme Jihadi we are now seeing a lot of over the last couple of years, why no protests against them ??.   Anyone who is against this and speaks out in public is seen as a racist! when Muslim/Islam isn't even a Race anyone can be one, its pathetic and more innocent people will die from this due the negligence of the Government's who are too scared to speak out and combat the issues. 

9 minutes ago, ATL said:

Because his sons seem to be heavily under his influence. If you don't think all of his offspring are as like minded as him, then you should look up other shit they have said.

Ivanka is the only one that has been in the spotlight and seemingly seems like a successful business woman.

I couldnt really care about his family and Trump plus he shouldnt even come up in a situation like this but the Press with their agenda have played on it to cause more hate towards him and his family to light more shit in the fire. 

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The attacker was shot by Michael Fallon's bodyguard's and otherwise would not have been there had Fallon not been in parliament.

I can't believe there are just normal police offices at the gates of Parliament with the country's goverment have no weapons, the poor police don't stand a chance in England. 

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

This is why there are many individuals in Europe capable of what happened yesterday as we have seen in France, Germany and Belgium also,  it is because the majority are too busy protesting and shocked about the likes of Trump, Wilders, Farage etc etc who want to stop things like this happening, to stop taking people from conflict areas who have not been screened through a system, also people are too busy protesting about these people when there certain people in well known areas across Europee who are Radicalising people in to these extreme Jihadi we are now seeing a lot of over the last couple of years.   Anyone who is against this and speaks out in public is seen as a racist! when Muslim/Islam isn't even a Race anyone can be one.  

I have a slightly different take on it, although I have studied Islam, which isn't the most well looked upon thing down here in the Southern U.S.

I think actions like this happen because it gives the terrorist a false sense of security and they are lead to believe that this gives their lives meaning. The idea of giving up your life for the greater cause, is something that really attracts some people, and those are the ones at risk for this type of action.

It's sad, but this didn't get the press coverage here in the States I thought it deserved, but regardless, I'm sure there are those who think this is a Islam vs Christian thing, and that is just not the case. We should condemn the whole Christian faith when a radical blows up an abortion clinic in Oklahoma City, and nor should we group all Muslims as bad just because a sect of radical Islamist believe it is their calling to kill those who turn their backs on Allah.

3 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

I couldnt really care about his family and Trump plus he shouldnt even come up in a situation like this but the Press with their agenda have played on it to cause more hate towards him and his family to light more shit in the fire. 

In this day in age, when you Tweet something, it's not the media's fault.

People are quick to blame the media, and I understand why, but it's becoming a weak excuse for the truth, which is Twitter is not a good idea for those individuals that are provoked easily and quick to respond. These are 2 traits of Trump, so he is just asking for more hate.

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You can't track all the time we don't have the resources, there's thousands on the watch list. You can't tail or track 24/7 it's impossible. If we had maybe 50 yeah but thousands we've got no chance. Attacks will increase in line with their population share as will the problem. 

I think it's wrong to criticise the authorities to much at this stage. In my opinion they acted quickly and shit it down quickly, as Stef said above you can't guard against a lone attacker like that. The only way we can do is maybe get real about the situation and start going inside the mosques and schools and pulling these hate preachers out. We need to start breaking up Islamic communities and spreading them thin forcing them to intergrate with the British way of life. We need to socially engineer the ideology out of them otherwise it's just going to happen again and again

The best way to do that is stopping carpet bombing the fuck out of Islamic countries and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Terrorist attacks (especially those made in the name of Islam) are almost always reactionary actions to a much larger, more hateful action.

Unfortunately, our glorious leaders have realised that far, far too late - Bush and Blair's campaign of hate in the Middle East has achieved nothing but radicalising lots of people who, arguably quite rightly, see Western states as murderers imposing their ideologies on their way of life. Stick some videos online and sexualise the idea of fighting for your religion and fellow people against the big oppressor, and it's inevitable that some easily impressionable people, even those based in the West, are going to take it and run with it. 

I don't mean to sound like a total hippie, but is the man who did this really more 'evil' than political and military leaders in certain Western states? It may be controversial, but I'd be strongly inclined to say no.

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You can't track all the time we don't have the resources, there's thousands on the watch list. You can't tail or track 24/7 it's impossible. If we had maybe 50 yeah but thousands we've got no chance. Attacks will increase in line with their population share as will the problem. 

I think it's wrong to criticise the authorities to much at this stage. In my opinion they acted quickly and shit it down quickly, as Stef said above you can't guard against a lone attacker like that. The only way we can do is maybe get real about the situation and start going inside the mosques and schools and pulling these hate preachers out. We need to start breaking up Islamic communities and spreading them thin forcing them to intergrate with the British way of life. We need to socially engineer the ideology out of them otherwise it's just going to happen again and again

Unfortunately the mosques, the Universities, the schools, Jails etc are not doing enough to combat the evil ones who do follow the extreme version of Islam.  The problem you have for example like in Belgium, the area Sint Jans Molenbeek, the whole area knew there were extremists being harboured in the area but no one told authorities and even lied to cover the fact up before the houses were raided.   The same happens all over where you have large areas or an Islamic build up and the more areas are spreading across Europe in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and as mentioned in England in Birmingham, Bradford, Luton and parts of London., they are left out of society and get to carry on with their own lives on how they would back in the middle east and north Africa.    The extremists are the ones causing a bad name to the good ones like any religion you need to source out the evil or they will be all tarnished with the same brush but for some reason it just isnt happening enough and that is the real problem.  

Some of the comments from the government and other MPs seem to be that this was a foiled attack, this was an 'attack on democracy' and we prevented it. The dead people were just collateral as long as they're okay then, this was a deliberate attempt at killing ordinary people, who are not protected like they are.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

I can't believe there are just normal police offices at the gates of Parliament with the country's goverment have no weapons, the poor police don't stand a chance in England. 

well up until now, how many attacks have there been on Parliament or around that area?

Quite simply, they're not armed because they haven't needed to be. Perhaps after yesterday's events, that might change. 

33 minutes ago, Romesh said:

well up until now, how many attacks have there been on Parliament or around that area?

Quite simply, they're not armed because they haven't needed to be. Perhaps after yesterday's events, that might change. 

Costly mistake to learn from

14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

3E88DA1800000578-0-image-m-15_1490205355

It's definitely not everything that's wrong with humanity but it does show that terrific part of us where morbidness and a blood thirsty appetite for destruction we have.  This is light compared to other things out there humans participate as voyeurs on.

Whilst London carries on defiantly, privileged, right-wing leeches like Hopkins and Farage appear on Fox News, spreading lies about the nation being paralysed and beaten by terrorism. 

Anyone who reckons these clowns as patriots is woefully misguided. They are woefully out of touch, dishonest people, interested in nothing more than satisfying their own vanity. They have no sense of solidarity with their countrymen, no sense of shame about when and where to pursue their own agenda, and not an iota of human understanding or decency. 

Farage should have stuck to plodding away trading commodities like his daddy, and Hopkins should stick to shagging blokes in fields. It's bad enough that British media gives them so much airtime despite their complete lack of power or relevance to actual British life: now the psychotic conservative media in the states looks to them as reliable sources on what people think over here.

I've seen a shocking amount of people feel genuine fear over this. Sure, for that moment when you hear of it, it is. But being scared solves nothing because it is what they want, you need to keep living as normal and not acknowledge the threat.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

People live off of retweets and likes now. I still can't get past how people are okay with standing and watching, it's like a show to them.

the road was closed at that time so they can't jump over the police cordon and blockade of ambulances to help. 

When the incidents happen is another matter and I totally agree. Put the fucking camera away and do what you can to help. 

I've never heard so many police sirens as I have in the last 24 hours. Almost constant. I think the Police are driving around London with their sirens on to remind people they are here to protect and to calm fear. At least that seems like the kind of funny thing the met would think of.

All the extra police around at the moment is an obvious precaution and probably one that's correct, however it's unlikely that another attack will be committed so close to the previous one with London now on standby, it'll be when everything has gone back to normal they'll strike again & that's the most unnerving part about all this.

Archived