• Paolo Guerrero
    • Claudio Pizarro
    • Juan Reynoso
    • Jose Del Solar
    • Juan Manuel Vargas
    • Alberto Rodriguez

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I didn't say you had to

Then why are you downplaying our squad, saying I overrate them if you haven't seen any of them? You don't have to play in Europe to be a great. I'd much rather be a legend at Boca Juniors than Southampton.

We have some players playing for small teams but they are amongst the best in them. I can also recognize who is good enough for Europe and who isn't. In particular, Trauco and Tapia will be world class in my eyes, where as others like Aldo Corzo Christian Ramos will be South American club level at best. 

We haven't lost since 2016, left Chile out of the World Cup and got results against some of the big dogs. Christ.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

@El Profesor who would you say is the next 'Neymar' for anyone that's under 21 in Brazil right now? If there is anyone. Who do you think has the ability and potential to reach the heights that Neymar has?

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Yes. The problem is that even when a player in South America is clearly prodigy, like Neymar around from 2010 to 2013, people wouldn´t say he was world class just because he played in South America.

Unfortunately we sell our talents very early. The last time I saw a south american club really compete against an european was Boca Juniors vs Bayern in 2001. It has been downhill since then.

Estudiantes vs Barcelona in 2009 and well.

Corinthians in 2012 had a better good squad, but I think they beat Chelsea because they gifted it to them and were undeserved European champs.

The best side in South America in recent years was Nacional in 2016 who got picked apart when they won the tournament.

Just now, Stan said:

@El Profesor who would you say is the next 'Neymar' for anyone that's under 21 in Brazil right now? If there is anyone. Who do you think has the ability and potential to reach the heights that Neymar has?

Rodrygo Goes and Vinicius Junior.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tough to say. It´s very hard to evaluate young players because they´re so inconsistent. But to be honest, I haven´t seen anyone with the same ammount of talent as Neymar. He simply dominated brazilian football as a 18-year old. Having said that there are some very good prospects, especially the well known names, Vinícius Junior, Paulinho (who´s moving to Leverkusen this summer) and Rodrygo.

But right now, the young brazilian player I really stop to watch is Lucas Paquetá.  He not only is very skilled, he also work his socks off in the midfield, which is very rare in brazilian football, a guy with so much skill and determination. He is not ready for Europe, but he is super fun to watch. 

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

Then why are you downplaying our squad, saying I overrate them if you haven't seen any of them? You don't have to play in Europe to be a great. I'd much rather be a legend at Boca Juniors than Southampton.

We have some players playing for small teams but they are amongst the best in them. I can also recognize who is good enough for Europe and who isn't. In particular, Trauco and Tapia will be world class in my eyes, where as others like Aldo Corzo Christian Ramos will be South American club level at best. 

We haven't lost since 2016, left Chile out of the World Cup and got results against some of the big dogs. Christ.

Well hope far do you think you'll get? I think you'll  struggle to get out of the group myself. The reason a lot of people don't know much about your players is because they play in weak leagues

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well hope far do you think you'll get? I think you'll  struggle to get out of the group myself. The reason a lot of people don't know much about your players is because they play in weak leagues

We will get past the groups and then lose against Argentina.

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Estudiantes vs Barcelona in 2009 and well.

Corinthians in 2012 had a better good squad, but I think they beat Chelsea because they gifted it to them and were undeserved European champs.

The best side in South America in recent years was Nacional in 2016 who got picked apart when they won the tournament.

Estudiantes and Corinthians parked the bus. The european sides were much better technically. The last time I´ve seen a south american team really compete and play against an european side was Boca in 2001. 

On 04/06/2018 at 02:00, Blue said:

We will get past the groups and then lose against Argentina.

Mourinho is backing us. Hilarious. Denmark are favourites to go through. Not Peru or Australia. 

16 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Mourinho is backing us. Hilarious. Denmark are favourites to go through. Not Peru or Australia. 

I don't get why TBH, we are a better side. Just because they have Eriksen, but like I said you don't need to play in Europe to be a star.

Ive always said if Peru wants to succeed, we need to have players in Brazil, Mexico or Argentina.

Archived