talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fallout 76

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw there was a big teaser coming for a new Fallout game, didn't think it would be a completely fresh game though. I thought they were leaning towards maybe an MMO or a Remaster, but this has me excited. I do wonder after Fallout 4 received quite a bit of criticism maybe they wanted to quickly bring a fresh one out as soon as possible. I did enjoy 4, but it was nowhere near 3 or NV. Hopefully they can just mesh the gunplay of 4 with the true RPG style of 3 and NV. It's a shame Obsidian aren't involved, would have loved to have seen a NV2 or a completely fresh game.

I suppose we won't get a new Elder Scrolls for a while now.

• Subscriber

If they do this properly, preview an Elder Scrolls sequel and showcase a new Doom at E3 ... I'm not sure what to say. I like their ambition on these projects but I do wonder what the final products will be like. 

18 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The online aspects worries me as I hated ESO (I played it for a few weeks as part of a trial and then never bothered with it) so if it's something similar I'm out. I thought that Fallout 4 was exceptional in terms of visuals and the things you could do however I do agree with the general feeling that the story was weak and after completing the game there wasn't much to go back for. 

It's a shame that this will push back whatever Elder Scrolls they have in the pipeline, I'm doing Skyrim again at the moment and would give me left arm for a sequel. 

I really enjoyed 4, but I understood people's gripes with it. It had all the pieces and fundamentals to be something truly out of this world but just missed.

Yeah I'm also reading about online aspects. When I saw the trailer I was just expecting another true RPG, but after reading up a bit it looks like it could be something completely fresh. It would be a big risk on Bethesda's part. We have to just wait and see when it's showcased at E3.

I want a Fallout New New Orleans... but I'll take what I can get. But this stuff about new things being added to the series is a bit worrying - although it's hard to fault a developer for wanting to try new things. But I hope it takes more from New Vegas than Fallout 4. The shite dialog options and settlement building were things I had 0 interest in.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Settlement building would have been class but I'm shit at it, so struggle to make even the most basic of houses. Not that it's the devs fault but I do think they could have made it easier (a free moving camera for example would have been nice). I sunk a few hundred hours into Fallout and never once did my Sanctuary get attacked either, which made the defences I made rather pointless. 

I loved the Institute and the Far Harbour DLC but other than that nothing was too memorable. When I look back at Fallout, memories of New Vegas spring to mind as opposed to 4.

On my second playthrough I made shitloads of settlements, I got pretty decent at it. One thing I did like about it was making different towns that are good for different things - like a town that was focused around it's water purification, farming towns, shite like that. Then you've got the settlers going through their trade routes.

I don't think that first town Sanctuary actually ever gets attacked though. But all of my other settlements were CONSTANTLY under attack. I had settlements where theres settlers wearing full power armor, I've got settlers with fatboys shooting mini-nukes out... and the cunts still cant defend themselves from the most pathetic batch of bandits.

After a while I got so fucking tired of settlement building. So in my other playthroughs of the game... I just completely abandoned the concept. Which is a shame because they clearly spent time on it... and while it was time consuming, that playthrough where I did use it - it ended up being very useful for my guy who would only use pistols in combat (I like weird restrictions in my Bethesda RPGs that I put on my characters).

The amount of time I've spent in Fallout 4 though is fucking mental. I've got more hours in it than I've had in any other game - just over 500. I've had about 7 or 8 playthroughs in it, so I clearly very much enjoyed that game. But I agree with you, New Vegas has the most memorable Fallout moments for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I think a part of my died when I learned this game was an online multiplayer. Not in a good way either. Fallout New Vegas remains the franchise pinnacle for me; FO4 fell someway short and felt more a FPS than an RPG. The writing and sense of choice noticeably shit and/or missing. FO76 feels more of the same,  a game focused on aesthetics and delivering little in critical gameplay. Or maybe I’m just an old fuck living in the past. FO76 could be quality, but I suspect otherwise.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did anyone get this in the end? Seems to be a catastrophic failure at the moment.

I did. Deleted it already. I put a solid 30+ hours into it and it’s boring as hell 

Archived