talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marko Arnautović - Manchester United Linked

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a textbook Man Utd move for a player bought for the present at inflated odds.

Just a standard example of the last 5 years of their transfer strategy. Screams desperation to me.

Also, Arnie seems to thrive in the lone striker position. Hopefully he hasn't been dropped on his head because he is 100% not getting that spot.

Signing players from West Ham seems a bit depressing but Arnautovic would be a good signing for any top 6 team except Man City for me. He probably sounds underwhelming for a club like United but the talent is definitely there.

2 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Signing players from West Ham seems a bit depressing but Arnautovic would be a good signing for any top 6 team except Man City for me. He probably sounds underwhelming for a club like United but the talent is definitely there.

I could see him doing well as a "plan B" sort of option at a top 6 side. But with United, his style of play really fits in with Mourinho's "Plan A" - but I don't see him being better than Lukaku at it (weird as it is to say that) and I don't see him working well with Lukaku.

Would be nice to see them spend the money rumoured on him.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I could see him doing well as a "plan B" sort of option at a top 6 side. But with United, his style of play really fits in with Mourinho's "Plan A" - but I don't see him being better than Lukaku at it (weird as it is to say that) and I don't see him working well with Lukaku.

Would be nice to see them spend the money rumoured on him.

Its just the ridiculous fee that's the big stumbling block, 50m for him is scandalous especially if he's only gonna be a 'plan b' A part of me hopes they buy him too because even though he has quality this type of signing has flop written all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Marko Arnautovic insists he has "never heard anything" about a potential transfer away from West Ham, amid interest from Manchester United.

Sky Sports News understands United are interested in signing the Austria international, however, West Ham have no intention of selling Arnautovic - who they value at £50m.

The 29-year-old, who moved to West Ham from Stoke last summer for a club record £25m, has four years remaining on his deal at the London Stadium.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived