talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In just knew it!!!

Have mentioned it various times over the past few weeks but I thought it would be more definite if they lost the final. Everyone knows the reasons... He has remained faithful to the base of his team and Isco commands a lot now.

• Subscriber

Just delighted we got Pochettino tied up when we did - to stop the inevitable speculation. Will be interesting to see who they go for? And also where Zidane goes next? Is it strange to say that he has an incredible track record but also a lot of question marks hanging over him

ZINEDINE ZIDANE QUITS! Real Madrid rocked as manager walks out just five days after sealing hat-trick of Champions League trophies

• Zinedine Zidane has sensationally stepped down as Real Madrid manager after two years and a half in charge
  • The Frenchman announced the news during an unexpected press conference on Thursday at the Bernabeu 
  • The 45-year-old will leave the club despite guiding them to three successive Champions League titles
  • Zidane told club president Florentino Perez the news on Wednesday as he believed the club 'needed a change'
  • Arsene Wenger and Antonio Conte are the bookies favourites to succeed Zidane as Real Madrid manager 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5790617/Zinedine-Zidane-calls-press-conference-sparks-fears-future-Real-Madrid.html

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Antonio Conte's volitile temperament would be a perfect fit for Real Madrid. Had Ancelotti not just signed with Napoli then I would say that he could be in the frame.

Would he really have gone back there (Ancelotti) after the way he left? 

32 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Antonio Conte's volitile temperament would be a perfect fit for Real Madrid. Had Ancelotti not just signed with Napoli then I would say that he could be in the frame.

No way mate... The way the Ancelotti/Florentino relationship ended and what Carlo has said subsequently, that would never happen in a million years.

Sarri and Real Madrid would be interesting but somehow I can't see that one happening. Florentino doesn't want a rebel coach that says what he thinks and doesn't bother waiting until he's out of the job. Wenger fits the bill perfectly although he wouldn't have absolutely any power whatsoever over anything which would be new to him.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Imagine Conte though, saying that Madrid must be prepared to "suffer" the week before El Clasico xD

Fairly certain with the likes of Marcelo and Carvajal instead of Moses and Alonso, and a midfield of Kroos and Modric vs Bakayoko and Cescy No Legs, they'd be more adventerous. 

Real get Sarri I'll firmly believe Hazard will be off 

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

Archived