talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolute scenes if it is Wenger though.

I thought that straight away but with his Champions League record, I don't think Perez would be keen.

Wenger would certainly help them lock down fourth place

Arsene Wenger 11/8

Mauricio Pochettino 3/1

Guti 6/1

Antonio Conte 8/1

Maurizio Sarri 10/1

Joachim Low 12/1

Massimiliano Allegri 12/1

Santiago Solari 16/1

Jurgen Klopp 18/1

Luis Enrique 22/1

Leonardo Jardim 25/1

Diego Simeone 28/1

Didier Deschamps 33/1

Rui Faria 33/1

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

From the news he says hes taking a break but I'd love to see him go to Italy and do some work there. 

Doubt he'd ever go to Inter Milan anyways. He's a Juve man. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Doubt he'd ever go to Inter Milan anyways. He's a Juve man. 

That's true but that doesn't rule him out from other teams in Serie A which could benefit from what he has learned at Real. He's a proven tournament-style coach now so maybe a big name in Italy at some point may come looking for his services. Be nice to see Serie A get some dominance in European competition again as well, not to say Zidane is the answer there its just a general comment.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Even though I despise Real Madrid how amazing would it be if Wenger joined them and won the treble? ArsenalMongTV would absolutely explode.

That is my favourite scenario :D

You could see it coming to be honest. Real have been poor this season and the Champions League win pretty much saved the most disastrous season they have possibly had during my time. He will have seen this as the right time, as it's very difficult to maintain a winning mentality and continue winning trophies. He's done very well there however, far better than I thought he would and he's now a bigger icon and legend at Real than ever, having won everything with them both as a player and now manager. You've got to take your hat off to him.

It'll be interesting to see who  they get in and whether they go for an ex-player or not again, which always seems to work out in Spain these days.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

xD

That should be 1,000,000,000,000/1 and even then. 

Luis Enrique is listed as well ! I'd be a funny day in hell if one of the most hated ex-Real players became coach.

I wonder if he was feeling the pressure favouritising Benzema while benching names like Isco, Asensio, and Bale. There has to be a split dressing room, the young core vs. Ronaldo and his croonies.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Luis Enrique is listed as well ! I'd be a funny day in hell if one of the most hated ex-Real players became coach.

The only reason Luis Enrique would coach Real is to get them relegated. That’s the disdain he has for that club. 

I just checked a Spanish Real Madrid forum where they have a "who would you like the next manager to be" poll, and the most voted names are Poch, Klopp, Guti and Löw, in that order.

Interesting that many of their fans seem to want Klopp, another manager who would probably also be better for winning cups rather than the league.

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The only reason Luis Enrique would coach Real is to get them relegated. That’s the disdain he has for that club. 

He probably feels no connection to Barcelona outside an irrational hatred of Real  xD

I really don't know if Zidane is a great coach or not. He is obviously talented enough to do well with Real Madrid but I have no idea how much help he gets from his staff. Having the deepest squad in the world also helps.

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

Archived