talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui To Take Over Real Madrid After World Cup
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Philippe Coutinho said:

Uh oh. I was hoping Madrid would go ahead and sign Guti (lol). Julen Lopetegui may very well continue where Zidane left off. Will give precedence to and utilize Spanish talent, of which Real Madrid has in abundance.

I’m in total shock!

This summer is going to prove one of the strangest in my opinion.

Lopetegui is an amazing coach with a great brand of football. But his forte is international football and this is going to be interesting to witness. A major factor where he fits in well is his ability to be a great diplomat of egos which is necessary. 

He didn't do very well at Porto, got sacked. Was then strongly linked with Wolves.. since then he's gone from Spain to Real Madrid manager. An upwards trajectory considering he's not set the world alight anywhere.

Not ideal preparation for Spain's World Cup.

Just now, El Profesor said:

It´s official now, Cristiano is leaving Real. xD

I didn’t want to add anything on that side of things but Lopetegui’s sympathies where those two are concerned have always laid with Barça. 

1 minute ago, Marc said:

He didn't do very well at Porto, got sacked. Was then strongly linked with Wolves.. since then he's gone from Spain to Real Madrid manager. An upwards trajectory considering he's not set the world alight anywhere.

Happened in Euro 2016 with Conte and us. Italy then went on to massively overachieve in that tournament. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

I’m in total shock!

This summer is going to prove one of the strangest in my opinion.

Looetegui is an amazing coach with a great brand of football. But his forte is international football and this is going to be interesting to witness. A major factor where he fits in well is his ability to be a great diplomat of egos which is necessary. 

Do you think Real Madrid will go younger? Between Lopetegui´s record with coaching youth teams and the arrival of Vinícius Jr. this summer it seems so.

Anyway, this is great news for Isco.

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

Do you think Real Madrid will go younger? Between Lopetegui´s record with coaching youth teams and the arrival of Vinícius Jr. this summer it seems so.

and Asensio you'd imagine.

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

100% and now I understand many things surrounding the rumours of Zidane’s departure. Definitely youth all the way!  Good to see!

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

100% and now I understand many things surrounding the rumours of Zidane’s departure. Definitely youth all the way!  Good to see!

I didn´t remember, I just saw now that he was the Rojita coach in 2013. That side was pretty good. I know you´ll hate what I say, but I can definitely see Thiago at Real in a near-future. He killed it in that tournament.

Spain squad for European Under-21 Championship in Israel:

Goalkeepers: David de Gea (Manchester United), Diego Marino (Villarreal), Joel Robles (Wigan).

Defenders: Martin Montoya (Barcelona), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla), Marc Muniesa (FC Barcelona), Marc Bartra (FC Barcelona), Alvaro Gonzalez (Zaragoza), Inigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Thiago Alcantara (F.C. Barcelona), Isco Alarcon (Malaga), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe)
Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Koke (Atletico de Madrid), Sergio Canales (Valencia).

Forwards: Iker Muniain (Athletic), Cristian Tello (FC Barcelona), Rodrigo Moreno (Benfica), Alvaro Vazquez (Getafe), Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid).

37 minutes ago, Marc said:

Well as Real Madrid are a cup side this is the best preparation for the job.  B|

23 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I didn´t remember, I just saw now that he was the Rojita coach in 2013. That side was pretty good. I know you´ll hate what I say, but I can definitely see Thiago at Real in a near-future. He killed it in that tournament.

Well it seems that Thiago wants to look for a new adventure outside the Bundesliga. There’s been talk of him returning to Barcelona but to be honest, the board Barcelona have is terrible and I doubt he’d trust this lot. Thiago is the missing link for Barça to partner Busquets.

Him moving to Real Madrid would cause too much mayhem and I doubt he’d want that. Although these days you never know.

Real Madrid will still buy a marquee player but the emphasis will definitely be on youth. I have absolutely no doubts about it becauae there are two or three major issues surrounding Real Madrid in recent times that coupled with Zidane leaving makes sense now. Zidane isn’t a good coach with young players. 

7 hours ago, El Profesor said:

What the heck, @SirBalon ?! According to this, the president of spanish federation wanted to fire Lopetegui but his aides calmed him. xD

I just woke up this morning to read that mate! O.o

I literally fell asleep watching the news and then dragged myself to bed when I woke up. xD

To be honest I can understand why Rubiales (RFEF President) felt that way although that would've been a foolish thing to do literally hours away from the start of the World Cup.

When I say to you and to other people that Real Madrid are scum, people think I'm just being biased and that its just a case of extreme rivalry taken too far.  No mate, because that's not the type of person I really am and the odd thing would be for me to be totally uncharacteristic in only ONE detail of my life when I'm the total opposite in everything else.

I understand how Rubiales felt because Julen Lopetegui signed a contract extension only a month ago.  Real Madrid haven't been able to find a big name coach to say yes to a contract and without talking to the federation, without any contact whatsoever in the middle of World Cup preparation, both Real Madrid and Julen Lopetegui have apparently been negotiating a deal.  What's Lopetegui paid for?  WHAT A FARCE!

If it wasn't for the fact we are minutes away, I would've sacked him and sued Real Madrid!

You know what makes me laugh the most... Had this been FC Barcelona who did this in the same manner Real Madrid have and the timing of it all.  Anyone that really knows Spain, Spanish culture, Spanish anything... They'd know that Barça's world would collapse like if it were Armageddon.  I'm not lying, I promise you!

Real Madrid are the biggest pieces of scum known to man where football is concerned.

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

Archived