talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What’s it relavent to though?

Something someone said or maybe you wanted to make sure everyone understood this amazing piece of information?

Rattled? Why?  For asking you a question?

How can you not work out how Lopetegui choosing the RM job over the Spain job is relevant to Lopetegui getting sacked?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Marc said:

How can you not work out how Lopetegui choosing the RM job over the Spain job is relevant to Lopetegui getting sacked?

Who said there was a problem with him choosing the Real Madrid job over the Spain job? 

This was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be. 

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Who said there was a problem with him choosing the Real Madrid job over the Spain job? 

This was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be. 

Lots of people have, i'm sure you called it treacherous, i'm sure someone else said he shouldn't have taken the job, maybe Danny?

Another thing, Real Madrid are scum for tapping up Lopetegui, what about when Barca got banned for tapping up and signing minors? A far, far more serious offence. All the big clubs in world football are as low as you can get (and a lot of smaller ones too), but both Real Madrid and Barca are top of the scum list. That's like a Liverpool fan calling Ramos a cheat after they idolised Suarez.

There is a few issues I see in this and it all adds up to one common denominator.

First of, Loapetegui has ultimately fixed Spain when it was in a disasterous state. From the 2014 World Cup, they were awful for 2 years later and in the Euro's they weren't very good. Vicente del Bosque had lost it by that point and they were just terrible all around for the squad they had. This man came in, made changes from top to bottom and all of the sudden they looked world class again. They were working together for 2 years in order to try and win the World Cup again, and now all that is going to go out the window.

Secondly, Van Gaal and Conte have done this before a major tournament with their national teams. Van Gaal was set to go to United, and Conte to Chelsea. Look at how well both teams did in those tournaments? Even he did lose the dressing room, there is no time for him to be sacked! Not only that, it costs money. 

And it all adds up to this: how can you sack your manager ONE day before the tournament begins!? If Spain don't win the World Cup, or even get out of the group stages, ultimately it will go down to the Spanish FA. Not Real Madrid, not Loapetegui, it will go down to the FA and no one else. They made the stupid decision to sack him. I may ask, not having a dressing room, how is it any different to having the players do what they want in the tournament? Its not like they have an easy group either.

Sampaoli was close to being sacked a week ago, and even the AFA - one of the worst FA's there is - even they figured out that it would be stupid to do that right before the tournament. 

9 hours ago, Danny said:

What a fuck up, is managing Real Madrid worth getting the tin tac before leading your country at a World Cup? Surely not?

Like I said above, its not his fault as many have done it before. Van Gaal, Conte. If Spain don't do well in the World Cup, it will be the Spanish FA's fault. 

The pinnacle of football is managing your own country. At least thats how we view it here in South America, its a more prestigious job than the top club in the country, but again Loapetegui isn't at fault here, nor is whoever runs Real Madrid's social media team or Florentino Perez.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sampaoli was close to being sacked a week ago, and even the AFA - one of the worst FA's there is - even they figured out that it would be stupid to do that right before the tournament. 

We don't even know the full extent to that story. Most claiming it's bull shit. 

8 minutes ago, Marc said:

Lots of people have, i'm sure you called it treacherous, i'm sure someone else said he shouldn't have taken the job, maybe Danny?

Another thing, Real Madrid are scum for tapping up Lopetegui, what about when Barca got banned for tapping up and signing minors? A far, far more serious offence. All the big clubs in world football are as low as you can get (and a lot of smaller ones too), but both Real Madrid and Barca are top of the scum list. That's like a Liverpool fan calling Ramos a cheat after they idolised Suarez.

Quote where someone said that he shouldn’t have chosen Real Madrid over Spain. Treacherous has nothing to do with what you said.

Let me put it to you like this so that this situation doesn’t just go on and on... You said it for the same reason you say most things. You’re looking to be sensationalist with a poor style of trolling. You can’t find anything relative to why you wrote that because there is nothing.

Anyway... Down rep me for this too! xD

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

1. There is nothing wrong with taking the Real Madrid job, but ultimately managing your country is far more prestigious. 

2. Yeah, hate on a player that injured Mohamed Salah in a final with his antics, where as the other hasn't played for Liverpool in 4 years and nearly led them to the title. Christ almighty.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We don't even know the full extent to that story. Most claiming it's bull shit. 

You can assume the AFA heard the rumours, and rubbished it off. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Blue said:

There is a few issues I see in this and it all adds up to one common denominator.

First of, Loapetegui has ultimately fixed Spain when it was in a disasterous state. From the 2014 World Cup, they were awful for 2 years later and in the Euro's they weren't very good. Vicente del Bosque had lost it by that point and they were just terrible all around for the squad they had. This man came in, made changes from top to bottom and all of the sudden they looked world class again. They were working together for 2 years in order to try and win the World Cup again, and now all that is going to go out the window.

Secondly, Van Gaal and Conte have done this before a major tournament with their national teams. Van Gaal was set to go to United, and Conte to Chelsea. Look at how well both teams did in those tournaments? Even he did lose the dressing room, there is no time for him to be sacked! Not only that, it costs money. 

And it all adds up to this: how can you sack your manager ONE day before the tournament begins!? If Spain don't win the World Cup, or even get out of the group stages, ultimately it will go down to the Spanish FA. Not Real Madrid, not Loapetegui, it will go down to the FA and no one else. They made the stupid decision to sack him. I may ask, not having a dressing room, how is it any different to having the players do what they want in the tournament? Its not like they have an easy group either.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Like I said above, its not his fault as many have done it before. Van Gaal, Conte. If Spain don't do well in the World Cup, it will be the Spanish FA's fault. 

The pinnacle of football is managing your own country. At least thats how we view it here in South America, its a more prestigious job than the top club in the country, but again Loapetegui isn't at fault here, nor is whoever runs Real Madrid's social media team or Florentino Perez.

why not Real Madrid's fault for tapping him up before a tournament and going behind the FA's back in speaking to him and dangling enough of a carrot at him to take the job?

I wouldn't say it's wholly the Spanish FA's fault. There's various parties involved here who are culpable. 

Im trying to understand whats wrong in this whole episode. Why cant he move to a different job and why are spanish FA rattled and made them eventually sack him? They announced it 3 days before the world cup so whats wrong with that now?

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

Im trying to understand whats wrong in this whole episode. Why cant he move to a different job and why are spanish FA rattled and made them eventually sack him? They announced it 3 days before the world cup so whats wrong with that now?

I think the problem is that RM tapped him without requesting or asking for permission from the Spanish FA. 

I still have no idea why the FA is mad at Julen, when he seemingly did nothing wrong. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Asura said:

Just now, Eco said:

I think the problem is that RM tapped him without requesting or asking for permission from the Spanish FA. 

I still have no idea why the FA is mad at Julen, when he seemingly did nothing wrong. 

I think the fact he signed a contract extension not so long ago and it appears didn't notify the FA of Real Madrid's intentions/offer either before accepting.

I think in any walk of life if you receive a job offer from somewhere else, or get head-hunted, it's only courteous and respectful to inform your current employer that that's happened. Not for them to find out through leaks or other people that you've actually accepted that offer as well, let alone considering it. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah thats what I was wanting to ask, why sack him? 

Also I read some players were against him, what for? Dont these stupid players run to china or any other big club that offers them more money or a shot at big trophies? Who cares when it was announced, its not like he said he wont be available for the next few training sessions due to him being ecstatic about this move. Bunch of cry babies

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think the fact he signed a contract extension not so long ago and it appears didn't notify the FA of Real Madrid's intentions/offer either before accepting.

I think in any walk of life if you receive a job offer from somewhere else, or get head-hunted, it's only courteous and respectful to inform your current employer that that's happened. Not for them to find out through leaks or other people that you've actually accepted that offer as well, let alone considering it. 

The punishment does not fit the crime in this case. No way does this, IMO, warrant a firing a couple of days before the biggest tournament in the world. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Its actually Spain's (FA) loss now. What is Lopetegui going to lose here? Spain could be like a headless chicken in the world cup without a manager. 

Are Spanish FA going to take any action on Real Madrid as they contacted the manager without their consent? 

17 minutes ago, Asura said:

Yeah thats what I was wanting to ask, why sack him? 

Also I read some players were against him, what for? Dont these stupid players run to china or any other big club that offers them more money or a shot at big trophies? Who cares when it was announced, its not like he said he wont be available for the next few training sessions due to him being ecstatic about this move. Bunch of cry babies

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Ok guys...

Read this and readnit carefully.

As the news hit the world of football with Real Madrid announcing they had appointed Julen Lopetegui as head coach.  The president of the RFEF who was at the beginning the only one who knew how it had all happened behind the backs of everyone including the players themselves...  He straight away told Lopetegui to leave and that he was sacked!

At this moment all the players stood up for Julen Lopetegui and demanded that the president of the RFEF reconsider and at least let the coach finish the World Cup.

The president said he would think about it but everyone surrounding the president in the RFEF including none other than Fernando Hierro who is an ultimate Real Madrid legend, said no! The RFEF had learned how the treachery had occurred behind their backs. So the president early this morning told the players that the RFEF would maintain their decision and would rescind Lopetegui’s contract. He also told the players how it had all occurred and at this point Lopetegui lost all his support from the players barring one, Sergio Ramos. But even Ramos wasn’t being as adamant anymore.

This is the truth! The truth is that in the end the players weren’t behind their coach anymore although they had been unanimously at the start of this fiasco.

Why did they suddenly change their mind?

Well curiously because of a team talk Lopetegui gave three days ago which went like this (read carefully and think)...

“I know some of you have your futures in the air at the moment and may be looking to change clubs or in negotiations to better your contracts.”

”All I ask of all of you is to give me 1 month of your full application. Let’s see how far we can go but lets all give 100% to our fans and this crest. Stay faithful to me like you’ve always been.”

Traitorous not only to his employer (his employer also being the country), but to his own players.

There is no way in hell he could carry on!

There’s your answer mate. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There’s your answer mate. 

Yeah I read that already but still doesnt change the fact that he didnt leave the team in the middle and ran away to Bernabeu, did he? 

He asked the players to give him one month, but at the same time he did not ditch them and left. It still doesnt make sense why the players have to be pissed off about his future decisions. Did he cancel any training sessions, did he show any sort of partiality to the players that play for Real Madrid (his future employers), did he make any decisions that appeared to be influenced by Florentino Perez who will be his next boss?  Why do the Spanish NT players care about what is he going to do after two months from now?

7 minutes ago, Asura said:

Yeah I read that already but still doesnt change the fact that he didnt leave the team in the middle and ran away to Bernabeu, did he? 

He asked the players to give him one month, but at the same time he did not ditch them and left. It still doesnt make sense why the players have to be pissed off about his future decisions. Did he cancel any training sessions, did he show any sort of partiality to the players that play for Real Madrid (his future employers), did he make any decisions that appeared to be influenced by Florentino Perez who will be his next boss?  Why do the Spanish NT players care about what is he going to do after two months from now?

He told them to hold any negotiations with anything relating to their future and behind their backs and the federation’s back he was doing what he didn’t want his players to do. Hypocrisy?

This isn’t from club to club. This is from the national team to a club that purports itself with a word called “Señorío” (please check the translation for that) 3 days before the World Cup starts and announces it without anyone knowing.

Nah... If you can’t see any issues in all of this, fine. But most people (and I really mean the grand majority) have it perfectly crystal clear. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He told them to hold any negotiations with anything relating to their future and behind their backs and the federation’s back he was doing what he didn’t want his players to do. Hypocrisy?

This isn’t from club to club. This is from the national team to a club that purports itself with a word called “Señorío” (please check the translation for that) 3 days before the World Cup starts and announces it without anyone knowing.

Nah... If you can’t see any issues in all of this, fine. But most people (and I really mean the grand majority) have it perfectly crystal clear. 

Maybe he thought the players wont be 100% focused if they negotiate with the clubs. 

I dont know what Senorio is and I wont be checking the translation, why cant you post that here if you wanted me to learn? 

I agree with @Stan about the FA being pissed as they werent informed about any of these but the players are being stupid and cry babies for nothing. IMO they should be only mad at him only if he made something wrong after influenced by his move to Real Madrid. 

• Subscriber

I was just reading this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-julen-lopetegui-sacked-spain-squad-real-madrid-fernando-hierro-latest-a8397041.html

I kind of get where Rubiales is coming from with all of this and why he sacked Lopetegui a bit more now. Five minutes from getting the news from Perez to not even being able to speak to the guy who just signed a contract extension to then hearing that its been announced? Yeah I think I'd be a little mad with that considering you're really never consulted or talked to about what is potentially happening either from Lopetegui or from Real Madrid. This is a guy you are trying to invest in for your national team and all these events are a bit unsettling and a bit disrespectful to say the least.

I don't think Spain will be the least disturbed by any of this. They are tactically sound as individuals and their WC performance won't be hampered in the least.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Mate... They went behind the RFEF’s back and announced it practically without them knowing anything. He wasn’t working for a football club. He was working representing his country and Real Madrid hold themselves as the all Spanish purity. 

questions for verification ---

1 - is this illegal ??    did julen break something in his contract that he is liable for punishment in court ??

2 -  can the RFEF stop Julen from going to Madrid ??

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

Archived