talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Belgium's Golden Generation

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He scored a nice goal against a middle of the road team. Sorry, clearly that means he was a world class professional with a storied career.

Fuck off

Joe Cole was a quality footballer, you don't have to be world class to be really good. And that is one of the best goals scored at a World Cup, had it of been a bigger name you'd never hear the end of it.

Just now, Danny said:

Joe Cole was a quality footballer, you don't have to be world class to be really good. And that is one of the best goals scored at a World Cup, had it of been a bigger name you'd never hear the end of it.

I do agree he was decent. He is clearly outclassed by Belguims current wide options. But that was my point. You'll notice I didn't have a smarky remark for him.

If Belgium win fuck all and under achieve just like England did I'm sure in ten years time you'll view them with exactly the same level of disdain that you are England right now...

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

If Belgium win fuck all and under achieve just like England did I'm sure in ten years time you'll view them with exactly the same level of disdain that you are England right now...

And then we get all these footy pages look back and say cringy things such as "Belgium 10 years ago fire emoji x3"

• Subscriber
On 6/13/2018 at 11:22, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mediocre goalie, good defense. 2 perenial under achievers in a national shirt that go together like Israel and Palestine, a shitcunt ogre forward and a bag of broken bones and unfufilled promises. Oh, and Joe fucking Cole.

You're off your head

You're missing the point here. Player for player that is a fucking good line-up. Belgium could be in a similar scenario in the sense that I reckon they probably won't click, just like that group of players didn't.

Gerrard and Lampard are both miles ahead of Witsel, who starts for them.

And at this point you'd had these English clubs absolutely dominating in the champions league with consistent semi finals being played amongst the clubs these players played for. Many of them being among the most influential players for these clubs too.

• Subscriber
Just now, Harry said:

And at this point you'd had these English clubs absolutely dominating in the champions league with consistent semi finals being played amongst the clubs these players played for. Many of them being among the most influential players for these clubs too.

Precisely. I get there's a huge English tendency to over-rate their own (and conversely, under-rate as an attempt to debunk the former) but you could make strong cases for all of those players.

There are quite clearly similarities with England and Belgium so far.

Archived