talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Felipe Anderson - West Ham Sign Lazio Winger

West Ham are trying to sign Lazio star Felipe Anderson, according to Sky sources.

The 25-year-old right-winger scored four goals and provided seven assists in 21 appearances in Serie A last season.

He also scored three goals in seven appearances in the Europa League as Lazio made the quarter-finals, where they were beaten by RB Salzburg.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felipe Anderson closer to West Ham. The initial offer of 30 million euros wasn´t accepted by Lazio, but now they´ve added some performance bonuses that can make it reach closer to 40 million euros.

Felipe Anderson is a very talented player, and during some short spells, especially in early 2015, he legitimately looked like the best player in Serie A. But it also comes with the bad that he is very inconsistent. In that sense, he reminds a bit of Ozil, he can be a very frustrating player to watch at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Offer accepted at thirty five million.

Signing a whole new attacking line up seems somewhat of a major risk to me. Ronald Koeman seemed to have it sussed last year and end up losing his job by late October. Given the fees spent, the pressure must be on from the get go to deliver results.

On 13/07/2018 at 03:54, The Palace Fan said:

Offer accepted at thirty five million.

Signing a whole new attacking line up seems somewhat of a major risk to me. Ronald Koeman seemed to have it sussed last year and end up losing his job by late October. Given the fees spent, the pressure must be on from the get go to deliver results.

Depends on the direction, this entire forum bar Everton fans recognised that their signings weren't good enough and didn't make sense, who've West Ham bought so far?

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Depends on the direction, this entire forum bar Everton fans recognised that their signings weren't good enough and didn't make sense, who've West Ham bought so far?

It's the internal pressures that will get to him. If West Ham are spending all this money, the fans will expect these players to have been scouted thoroughly and be a massive improvement.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

I know we all exaggerate at times but please.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not a big exaggeration, most did.

I think only a couple of people fully criticised the business, a few people were on the fence and were critical at the end of the window when we woke up on September 2nd with no centre forward, but several people were also impressed with many of our signings. Sandro and Klaassen flopped and made our business look bad but Sandro was available for 5m having hit double figures in La Liga at 21 years old the season before, Klaassen had just captained Ajax to a European final and was available for 20m. Both perfectly sensible at the time. Sigurdsson for 45m was dubious but turned out to be a good investment so far. Signing Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney was definitely questionable/retarded as was the lack of a striker. Otherwise, Pickford, Keane, Martina on a free as cover, Klaassen, Rooney on a free, Sandro, these fees were covered by Lukakus sale more or less. The signings all looked good on paper, the squad building was open to criticism and that criticism turned out to be justified as trying to get three new attacking midfielders in the side and throwing Calvert-Lewin up front on his own cost us. However the two players that fucked our season the most weren't signings from last summer, they were Williams and Schneiderlin. 

Whether the West Ham situation will be the same though, who knows. I personally don't find them relevant enough to analyse their squad until they line up in their first game. My gut feeling with all of these signings having to gel in the face of a difficult opening run of fixtures (they face all of last season's top 9 in their opening 13 games) puts them in a very similar position to us last season. If they take a few pastings off the top six early on and the fans revolt they could hit the panic button on Pellegrini after spending all of this money and have a carbon copy of our last season. Maybe they won't though.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think only a couple of people fully criticised the business, a few people were on the fence and were critical at the end of the window when we woke up on September 2nd with no centre forward, but several people were also impressed with many of our signings. Sandro and Klaassen flopped and made our business look bad but Sandro was available for 5m having hit double figures in La Liga at 21 years old the season before, Klaassen had just captained Ajax to a European final and was available for 20m. Both perfectly sensible at the time. Sigurdsson for 45m was dubious but turned out to be a good investment so far. Signing Gylfi, Klaassen and Rooney was definitely questionable/retarded as was the lack of a striker. Otherwise, Pickford, Keane, Martina on a free as cover, Klaassen, Rooney on a free, Sandro, these fees were covered by Lukakus sale more or less. The signings all looked good on paper, the squad building was open to criticism and that criticism turned out to be justified as trying to get three new attacking midfielders in the side and throwing Calvert-Lewin up front on his own cost us. However the two players that fucked our season the most weren't signings from last summer, they were Williams and Schneiderlin. 

Whether the West Ham situation will be the same though, who knows. I personally don't find them relevant enough to analyse their squad until they line up in their first game. My gut feeling with all of these signings having to gel in the face of a difficult opening run of fixtures (they face all of last season's top 9 in their opening 13 games) puts them in a very similar position to us last season. If they take a few pastings off the top six early on and the fans revolt they could hit the panic button on Pellegrini after spending all of this money and have a carbon copy of our last season. Maybe they won't though.

Maybe, maybe not.

But you signed three attacking mids and outside of that your biggest signing was Michael Keane? Questionable to assume that side would have broken the top 6 like was being suggested. Signings weren't good enough to make up that ground and the transfer strategy was non-existent.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Danny said:

Maybe, maybe not.

But you signed three attacking mids and outside of that your biggest signing was Michael Keane? Questionable to assume that side would have broken the top 6 like was being suggested. Signings weren't good enough to make up that ground and the transfer strategy was non-existent.

Keane bigger than Sigurdsson? I don't think we expected to break the top 6 necessarily but we improved the squad in several positions so we should have expected to be closer than the year before.

In hindsight yes the transfer strategy was poor when you look the attacking midfielders and no strikers but it was reasonable to assume at the time that we could have played with a winger on the right, Klaassen behind Sandro with Sigurdsson cutting in from the left and Rooney not starting every game or playing a deeper role. As it turns out Rooney had had assurances about his minutes and Klaassen and Sandro were both shite so yes in hindsight, everyone now looks back at that summer as shitty planning. At the time though I don't remember people clamouring to tell us that their crystal balls saw the season we had coming a mile off. Most of the window it was Everton are making some smart signings but they still need a centre forward with a few people muttering that 45m for Sigurdsson was too much and Rooney was past it and the odd person asking where we were going to play all these midfielders. After the window when we never got the striker there was more criticism but not universal.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Keane bigger than Sigurdsson? I don't think we expected to break the top 6 necessarily but we improved the squad in several positions so we should have expected to be closer than the year before.

In hindsight yes the transfer strategy was poor when you look the attacking midfielders and no strikers but it was reasonable to assume at the time that we could have played with a winger on the right, Klaassen behind Sandro with Sigurdsson cutting in from the left and Rooney not starting every game or playing a deeper role. As it turns out Rooney had had assurances about his minutes and Klaassen and Sandro were both shite so yes in hindsight, everyone now looks back at that summer as shitty planning. At the time though I don't remember people clamouring to tell us that their crystal balls saw the season we had coming a mile off. Most of the window it was Everton are making some smart signings but they still need a centre forward with a few people muttering that 45m for Sigurdsson was too much and Rooney was past it and the odd person asking where we were going to play all these midfielders. After the window when we never got the striker there was more criticism but not universal.

Outside of your 3 attacking mids, yes.

Sigurdsson has only ever really done well when playing with freedom in that attacking mid role, expecting him to play from the left when coming in for big money is crazy. Rooney's deeper role is generally attacking mid, that's his go to position. Off the top of my head I remember I believe @Storts and @Dr. Gonzo saying it didn't look that good.

Singularly Klasses is a smart signing, as is Sigurdsson and on a free so is Rooney. But together, no...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Outside of your 3 attacking mids, yes.

Sigurdsson has only ever really done well when playing with freedom in that attacking mid role, expecting him to play from the left when coming in for big money is crazy. Rooney's deeper role is generally attacking mid, that's his go to position. Off the top of my head I remember I believe @Storts and @Dr. Gonzo saying it didn't look that good.

Singularly Klasses is a smart signing, as is Sigurdsson and on a free so is Rooney. But together, no...

Fair enough, I might be misremembering and it's clear now that the people who called it were correct, I just don't recall it being as many people as you suggest.

• The title was changed to Felipe Anderson - West Ham Sign Lazio Winger

Archived