talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Staying At Villa After Spurs Deal Fails

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can see him handing in a transfer request. He may never get this opportunity again.

If he is good enough, surely he will. I understand Spurs’ apprehension to pay over their valuation for a player with just one seasons experience in the top flight. I also understand Villa slapping a higher price tag on one of their more valuable assets - he’s worth more to them than he is to Spurs.

Having said that, he’s reportedly pissed off. So I could see him putting a transfer request in now as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can see him handing in a transfer request. He may never get this opportunity again.

really?

He's 22. Another good season with Villa and his stock isn't gonna go down. Can definitely see some interest in January or next summer at least.

6 hours ago, Storts said:

It's nothing to do with the stadium - it's just how the club is run, and how it has always been run since Levy took charge. The Stadium is financing is completely separate to football activity.

Whilst I'm frustrated with Levy, he's right not to pay that ludicrous sum for a player that has had half a good season, whilst a similar player with better impact went for £20-25 million.

Look at the money spent though, Liverpool will easily go past you now. You’re becoming the new Arsenal. 

Also Jack was out half a season so his stats aren’t as great granted but I’d rather have Jack than Maddison all day long.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he is good enough, surely he will. I understand Spurs’ apprehension to pay over their valuation for a player with just one seasons experience in the top flight. I also understand Villa slapping a higher price tag on one of their more valuable assets - he’s worth more to them than he is to Spurs.

Having said that, he’s reportedly pissed off. So I could see him putting a transfer request in now as well.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Nah no Transfer request his whole family and him are big villa fans. There’s a bit of disappointment because he had visited Spurs and resolved to leave etc and agreed terms so he had said his goodbyes a few weeks back. He’ll get over it

59 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nah no Transfer request his whole family and him are big villa fans. There’s a bit of disappointment because he had visited Spurs and resolved to leave etc and agreed terms so he had said his goodbyes a few weeks back. He’ll get over it

I'd want to stay if I were him, tbh. 22 years old, with plenty of time to develop and your side is on the cusp of promotion. Getting Villa back to the top flight after living your whole life as a Villa fan would be an unforgettable moment for him.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

really?

He's 22. Another good season with Villa and his stock isn't gonna go down. Can definitely see some interest in January or next summer at least.

Right, let's not pretend he's something that he currently isn't. 

Hes had half a goal season, his goal return is still poor, he's had a largely underwhelming career and Tottenham are largely buying in to potential they initially perceived would be good value for money because of Villa's previous financial troubles. There's a reason why none of the other top six clubs are interested in Grealish, and that's because they're more ambitious than Spurs.

For Grealish to make the next step in his career and continue his development he needs to play with and against better players. I think he recognises that. He could stagnate at a club that play boring football and have no guarantees of promotion.

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Staying At Villa After Spurs Deal Fails
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 1 year later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived