talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Staying At Villa After Spurs Deal Fails

Im aware its been discussed before but now it's hit Sky. They must be monitoring this forum.

Leicester are considering a bid for Aston Villa’s highly-rated midfielder Jack Grealish, Sky Sports News understands.

With Riyad Mahrez closing in on a £60m move to Manchester City, Leicester have the funds to strengthen their resources in midfield and believe the 22-year-old would be the perfect fit.

Sky Sports News also understands that both Arsenal and Manchester United have monitored Grealish's form in recent months.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yeah I've never seen him so rattled Cannabis... xD

You know I've actually quite warmed to this providing we don't pay through the nose. I've maintained all along that I want two creative players rather than one as I'm fed up of how easy it was to double up on Mahrez.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Marc said:

If Grealish goes for significantly more than Maddison i'll be pissed off

Considering we're the ones supposedly in for both I can't see that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Tottenham now linked. What a fantastic opportunity that could be.

and Fulham apparently.

@Fairy In Boots has been quite clued up on this transfer though. Newcastle a likely destination.

https://londonfootballnews.co.uk/tottenham/football-tottenham-newcastle-leicester-aston-villa-jack-grealish-chase/

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Several Premier League Clubs Linked
  • Administrator

thought you said Newcastle in the other thread xD. My bad.

Either way if we're not getting him it points to us getting Maddison instead. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's an absolute knob. Been fined numerous times for going out on the piss when he shouldn't, having fights and generally being an all round shit professional. 

I hope this goes through. 

Now on the BBC gossip column he's linked with us. You fucking jinxed us!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Steve Bruce has told Sky Sports News Aston Villa have no choice but to sell a number of their prized assets – including Jack Grealish - in order to stave off the threat of administration.

Villa need to raise £40m to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations following last season's failure to secure promotion to the Premier League.

The club faced a winding-up order via the High Court last month until they agreed a payment schedule regarding money owed to HMRC.

Villa owner Tony Xia last week said the club is not for sale, but Bruce is facing up to the reality that players in his squad who could command healthy transfer fees will likely leave the club this summer.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How you reckon he'll fair and how much game time will he see? 

Honestly no idea mate - I didn’t used to rate him at all, but hearing so many good things from Villa that I’m looking forward to giving him a chance. Assume he will slot into the back up CM/AM role initially - could be useful against teams that park the bus 

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Staying At Villa After Spurs Deal Fails
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived