talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thibaut Courtois - Life at Real Madrid

Reliable reports stating we have stopped negotations with Courtois, with his contract currently up next year. He is demanding 275K a week as a reward for getting megged by Messi twice. 

Good riddance. Continues to flirt with Madrid whilst at the expense of not even being a top class keeper. Reports saying we will join the race for Allison. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That's a bit like telling Mila Kunis to fuck off out of your house before sticking a Chicago Town pizza in the microwave and having a wank.

Mila Kunis has no arse nor titts. 

Think I would gladly enjoy that pizza 

Just now, Cicero said:

Is there stats to back that up? 

Stats mean absolute fuck all. A GK could make 50 stops a game if they are all terrible shots, compared to one that concedes one shot off an amazing strike. Then it has to be taken into account how strong defense is, the teams played against. I think I will go with what Atleti fans have told me, over bloody stats as they are the people that watched all 150+ games of Courtois and Oblak. 

Here ya go read up on your stats, https://www.squawka.com/players/thibaut-courtois/stats#performance-score#atlético-de-madrid#spanish-la-liga#23#season-2012/2013#4#all-matches#1-38#by-match 

You might become a baseball fan afterwards. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Stats mean absolute fuck all. A GK could make 50 stops a game if they are all terrible shots, compared to one that concedes one shot off an amazing strike. Then it has to be taken into account how strong defense is, the teams played against. I think I will go with what Atleti fans have told me, over bloody stats as they are the people that watched all 150+ games of Courtois and Oblak. 

Here ya go read up on your stats, https://www.squawka.com/players/thibaut-courtois/stats#performance-score#atlético-de-madrid#spanish-la-liga#23#season-2012/2013#4#all-matches#1-38#by-match 

You might become a baseball fan afterwards. 

Don't raise your tone with me young man. 

@Spike I'm fully aware that stats don't tell the whole story. I'm also aware that Courtois has had the luxury of having a formidable defence and system aduring his time at Atletico. In which so has Oblak. So at the very least, comparing apples to apples (Courtois and Oblak's spells at Atletico) statistics could provide some sort of insight. 

The sheer fact Courtois wants to be the most expensive goal keeper on the planet, whilst not even being a top keeper, and continues to flirt with Madrid. I'd gladly swap him with Oblak should the latter want to move. 

Also, what other Atletic fans want Courtois back bar Kowabanga? 

Just now, Cicero said:

@Spike I'm fully aware that stats don't tell the whole story. I'm also aware that Courtois has had the luxury of having a formidable defence and system aduring his time at Atletico. In which so has Oblak. So at the very least, comparing apples to apples (Courtois and Oblak's spells at Atletico) statistics could provide some sort of insight. 

The sheer fact Courtois wants to be the most expensive goal keeper on the planet, whilst not even being a top keeper, and continues to flirt with Madrid. I'd gladly swap him with Oblak should the latter want to move. 

Also, what other Atletic fans want Courtois back bar Kowabanga? 

Just what I've read online on various websites. It's now like I know the pricks, haha. I'm just saying that is how it is from certain view points, I don't agree with them at all. Fuck Courtois.

I want us to get Allison or Oblak so Chelsea, please stick with Courtois. At least until we sign a keeper, then feel free to do whatever the fuck you want.

Or alternatively, sign Mignolet and make him your starter.

31 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've been hoping we would start making a move for him.

You could find a lot worse mate. Jamel has been well thought after at Chelsea for a long time. Great body very athletic pretty safe hands for a young keeper. From what I have read Sheffield are keen on another year, which is probably what will happen with him, but I believe he has a future at Premier League level. Also, Sheffield sat him on the bench half way through the season, only for him to regain his place in Jan I think. I would have thought whoever gets him next season we would need assurances he is a starter. He is 24 now and dangerously near decision time for Chelsea. I have my fingers crossed for him!

• 1 month later...

Courtois only has a year left on his contract and reports suggest he'd be willing to see it out if a new deal isn't agreed. Seeing as he's also said that he wants to return to Madrid, it's hard to see him agreeing to a new deal (although money can make people change their minds). Time to sell?

On 04/06/2018 at 16:23, Cicero said:

Reports we'd be going after Clissen as his replacement 

We spent the whole of last summer trying to sign him even though he said very early on that he wasn't interested. Ended up with nobody. Youd think we would have learned not to do that again.

• The title was changed to Thibaut Courtois - Chelsea Keeper Misses Training

Archived