talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thibaut Courtois - Life at Real Madrid

Please, please tell me he didnt get a 'loyalty' bonus?

I imagine Chelsea have been holding out because they wanted him to meet Sarri face to face to discuss his vision. It seemed to work with Hazard and Willian, I guess Thibaut was too scared of the confrontation.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Wonderful day, fuck off Thibaut fuck off and die.

That's a bit harsh... 

I don't think any of us are overly happy with the way things appear to have gone but what do we know for sure?? The club could have been fully aware of the situation and where he was and what was happening... They said the same thing of Willian that he was awol and it was all looking a bit grim but turned out he was in touch with the club the whole time... 

Lets just not wish him much luck instead of an instant death... 

I get it. He misses his family.

But It's the lack of professionalism, and quite literally screwing the club at the very end that has us all heated. Not to mention some of his comments and behavior on social media. 

Thanks for everything Tibo, and I honestly hope you are happy. 

Just goes to show how professional Hazard is. As a footballer and person. 

Navas is too good to be a number two but Courtois is an upgrade for me. Madridistas will have Navas in their hearts as he's given them some very good moments in the last few years in which has been a very successful period for Real Madrid. I've always had Navas placed in that league just below the top league of elite goalkeepers. In recent years at times he's made some very strong claims to enter the the elite division but true consistency has let him down. He's a very good goalkeeper but there's always been that air of calamity about him for me despite some of the incredible heroics he's produced in recent times.

Real Madrid did well here but won't be that improved. It won't make a massive difference in terms of results as they already had one of the best keepers around. I like Navas and would take him in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Made up with this, Courtois is a truly shite goalkeeper and is lucky to be paid for being abysmal at his job. Madrid have really gone backwards this season and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them 3rd behind Atleti this season.

I suspect he'll be perceived as a top 3 keeper in the world again by Christmas...

8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

That's a bit harsh... 

I don't think any of us are overly happy with the way things appear to have gone but what do we know for sure?? The club could have been fully aware of the situation and where he was and what was happening... They said the same thing of Willian that he was awol and it was all looking a bit grim but turned out he was in touch with the club the whole time... 

Lets just not wish him much luck instead of an instant death... 

"Figure of speech" Dad, i am not that of a lunatic to wish someone actually dies because of football.

There’s a big deal being made out of it due to what he said when Atleti won La Liga about Real Madrid. It goes to ahow that what many of these players say when apparently stating their feeling for a club is totally rubbish. 

On 08/08/2018 at 23:00, Cicero said:

Can not wait for the Classico, along with the Madrid derby. 

Courtois will open his legs for Messi once more. 

i think Thibaut has it all sorted out.      SpiderWebs on his feet.   or the classic dress ......   madrid is in safe LEGS with KORT-WA - not !!!!!

Image result for thibaut courtois wearing dress

on a serious note -- what the fack is up with the market this year ????   goalkeepers are facking overpriced !!     Allison ( john snow ) for 67 million !!   and Kepa for a whopping 72 million !?!?!?!       Is this the Keylor Navas effect ???  or the Karius effect ???

if chelsea were in a Final of whatever competition and they got into a penalty shoot out and Kepa doesn't save any of them or Chelsea losing games with an "error" from Kepa just like Thibaut did,  how would chelsea fans feel about the 72 million spent on the guy ??

7 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

@Cicero No thoughts about it. His plaque at the vicinity of the Wanda Metropolitano is probably going to be vandalized though.

EDIT UPDATE: It's been already vandalized (some hours ago)

https://www.elespanol.com/elbernabeu/futbol/20180809/grupo-ultras-sabotean-placa-courtois-wanda/328967789_0.html

LOL

It will get worse before it gets better...

Image result for plaques atletico madrid

Yesterday Real Madrid’s Keylor Navas said on a public forum;

”I have as much will to leave Real Madrid as willing to die.”

This morning Navas tweeted this;

Isiah 41:10;

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness

😳

• 2 months later...

Archived