• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Maddison's Move to Leicester Completed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
36 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Very reliable ITK on Foxestalk basically saying it's done subject to a medical (though it's worth pointing out he is injured xD). I've had £50 on him joining us at 6/4.

I've not seen enough of him, but similarly to Ricardo I've heard nothing but good things about him.

I can't see us signing both Maddison AND Grealish. It's too much for us to spend when we're unlikely to play them both at the same time. I could be wrong mind.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Do we though? Our DoF only started today, so any rumours beforehand are just paper talk. I know you're trolling but that's an abysmal shout.

It clearly wasn't entirely serious. I think it's largely to do with the Walsh connection although he's now gone. Saying that in terms of the transfer market we're probably the nearest club to you, so I don't expect it to change any time soon.

West Ham seem to be in for pretty much anyone we're linked with.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Do we though? Our DoF only started today, so any rumours beforehand are just paper talk. I know you're trolling but that's an abysmal shout.

to be fair, regardless of DoF in terms of personnel or whenever they started, we do often get linked to the same players. Whether it's just lazy journalism or not, it happens a lot. 

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm pretty sure, given he's agreed to join a long time ago, conversations about transfer strategy would have happened before yesterday.

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's actively been seen tying up deals for PSV. So he literally has just started today.

It's quite naive to presume that there's been no interaction with himself, Moshiri and Silva during that time. The hierarchy aren't virgins to this game and know the importance of preparation and planning.

Honestly believe he's the real deal. Far better than Jacob Murphy who went for 12m, I believe he's worth 25m+, I'd be content with 20-22m plus a few million worth on add ons. Better for us if the deal happens asap so we can plan our summer. He's just been fantastic for us and I've no doubt he will leave this summer and if I could choose a club for him it'd be Everton or Leicester, two clubs that shouldn't be involved in a relegation battle, but he should get game time.

I do wonder if Coventry have a sell on clause, i haven't heard rumours about one. When we signed him they were in the shit so they might have waived a sell on fee for a few more quid, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Honestly believe he's the real deal. Far better than Jacob Murphy who went for 12m, I believe he's worth 25m+, I'd be content with 20-22m plus a few million worth on add ons. Better for us if the deal happens asap so we can plan our summer. He's just been fantastic for us and I've no doubt he will leave this summer and if I could choose a club for him it'd be Everton or Leicester, two clubs that shouldn't be involved in a relegation battle, but he should get game time.

I do wonder if Coventry have a sell on clause, i haven't heard rumours about one. When we signed him they were in the shit so they might have waived a sell on fee for a few more quid, hopefully.

Don't Everton have enough attacking midfielders? xD

Personally, I don't think he's worth £20m. That is a very substantial fee to pay for someone who hasn't played a minute of PL football and on the back of one decent season in the Championship.

He's young and English so obviously clubs will overrate their players and inflate the price and if Leicester really want him, they will pay.

It makes you genuinely wonder what Sessagnon would go for.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Marc said:

He'll start for us. We need a number ten. He's also local to us so for him it's a good move all round (unless he's a big Coventry fan and hates us xD).

Coventry mate of mine who knows his stuff reckons they'll get 25% of the fee which is £5.5mil. He's raved about him since the first day he saw him play.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Personally, I don't think he's worth £20m. That is a very substantial fee to pay for someone who hasn't played a minute of PL football and on the back of one decent season in the Championship.

He's young and English so obviously clubs will overrate their players and inflate the price and if Leicester really want him, they will pay.

It makes you genuinely wonder what Sessagnon would go for.

On the face of it, I agree. 

Having said that, people said the same when we signed Vardy from Fleetwood for £1m, at the time for a non-league player who hadn't even played a minute of football league let alone Championship standard football. 

It's a big price, I agree. We'd be paying for potential in the hope that we could help him realise it and develop him at the same time, not just what we'd get in the first stages. 

I'd prefer Maddison over Grealish to be honest. Would be satisfied with either though. 

• Subscriber

It is a big price but if he was to carry his form from Norwich to Leicester he'd be quoted at at least double that in a year's time. We probably see it as an investment we're able to make.

I'd much rather pay that than say £30mil for Slimani. Not that that's saying much. At least you know there'd be resale value.

Maddison compilation, made by his dad.. Not a massive fan of these because I could look good in a best bits video, but it shows what type of player he is if you've not seen much of him. 

I love his arrogant side. Anyone that can score against ipswich away and celebrate by running in front of scum supporters and shushing them will always have a place in my heart.

• Subscriber

You can get a good feel for what a player is like based on videos. Obviously it's not definitive but I really don't get why there's such a notion of it being laughable that you can judge a player from it when anyone with a brain can view them objectively.

Based on that video I've decided James Maddison isn't the English Lionel Messi, but in-fact, Lionel Messi is the Argentine James Maddison.

• Subscriber

In all seriousness I maintain that top paragraph is true. It's quite clear what he's about watching that video, and he looks an extremely talented lad who'll go far with the right guidance. We definitely lack that kind of spark in our side centrally, and will lack it almost completely when Mahrez goes. Speaking of Mahrez going, it is that that this deal supposedly hinges on. The rumour is Man City will unveil both Mahrez and Jorginho this week and I expect Maddison to then follow.

Sky's odds are a load of bollocks. They're up to their usual tricks. I expect Maddison to be a Leicester player.

• Administrator

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11395752/fulham-target-james-maddison-but-face-premier-league-competition-for-norwich-midfielder

Fulham have become the latest Premier League club to join the race for Norwich's highly-rated midfielder James Maddison.

The south-west London side will be returning to the Premier League for the first time in four years next season, and they want Norwich's player of the year to strengthen their ranks.

However, Fulham face competition from the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City, who are all believed to be keen on Maddison.

The 21-year-old scored 15 goals last season and, with their parachute payments due to end, Norwich look set to cash in on their most valuable player.

The Canaries want £20-25m for Maddison, who has represented England at U21 level.

He is currently recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered on the last day of the season, although he is believed to be ahead of schedule and due to begin running next month.

• The title was changed to James Maddison - Several Premier League Clubs Interested
  • The title was changed to James Maddison's Move to Leicester Completed

Archived