• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Maddison's Move to Leicester Completed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

"Deserve" 

Why? Is Norwich fan owned? Fans are just that, fans, why they feel entitled to such information I do not know.

Yup, it's majority owned by Delia and Michael and partly owned by the supporters. We've dipped into our pockets many times to keep the club afloat and as recently as this summer funded the new training ground.

• The title was changed to James Maddison - Leicester Agree Fee With Norwich
  • Subscriber

Agree with Cannabis. Last thing we need is more attacking midfielders and don't know what it says for the future of the likes of Kieran Dowell if we go spunking £25m on other clubs' young English players of a similar ability in the same position.

• Subscriber

I'm surprised how quickly you snapped at that one. I think he'd probably have been a good addition if you weren't so stacked in that position. We on the flip side haven't had anyone genuinely creative play there in years. This signing as well as Ricardo Pereira could really change the way we play. I envisage us becoming a lot less reliant on counter attacking.

Sounds like Leicester have beaten Everton to him. Apparently Leicester was always his preferred choice. It must have been tough for him picking between the two biggest clubs in the league. Rumoured interest from West Ham and Southampton too.

It's being reported as 24m here, that probably includes add ons.

I'm happy with the fee, he's only had 1 very good championship season, but after seeing him live all season I believe he has the talent to step up. I think it's a good move for all concerned.

Good for us that it's done early so we can get on with our business.

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Marc said:

Sounds like Leicester have beaten Everton to him. Apparently Leicester was always his preferred choice. It must have been tough for him picking between the two biggest clubs in the league. Rumoured interest from West Ham and Southampton too.

It's being reported as 24m here, that probably includes add ons.

I'm happy with the fee, he's only had 1 very good championship season, but after seeing him live all season I believe he has the talent to step up. I think it's a good move for all concerned.

Good for us that it's done early so we can get on with our business.

Seems like a good move for him - Leicester the more stable club of the two currently and a more obvious route into the side. Should slot into their team fairly easily - whereas with Everton we just don't know what Silva is going to do.

Think it's the right move for him too - a step up to the top 6 would have been difficult but gets the chance to play top level football, at a club with less expectation and less competition for places.

Will you reinvest it all? Pay back the fans again

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Absolutely awful attempt which is long becoming a theme with your posting. 

3/10.

How is that even a wum?

It's just a sensible analysis of the current position.

1. Leicester have a more settled and stable side - with a manager going in to his second season

2. Nobody knows what Silva is going to do with Everton yet

3. There is a more obvious route into the first team at Leicester than at Everton where attacking midfield slots seems crowded and there is a new manager who hasn't had a chance to implement his system

4. The Championship to the top 6 is extremely difficult to do - very few players could make that step up instantly. It will be great for him to get a chance to play Premier League football, likely start every week but not have some of the pressures on him that he otherwise would have at the very top

I know you're extremely thick - but even for you it shouldn't have been too hard to comprehend.

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Seems like a good move for him - Leicester the more stable club of the two currently and a more obvious route into the side. Should slot into their team fairly easily - whereas with Everton we just don't know what Silva is going to do.

Think it's the right move for him too - a step up to the top 6 would have been difficult but gets the chance to play top level football, at a club with less expectation and less competition for places.

Will you reinvest it all? Pay back the fans again

I agree, good move for him. If I was his agent then i'd advise a Leicester type move is ideal. Should get game time, better for his career than going somewhere like yourselves and not playing.

Some will get reinvested but we are still clearing up the mess from previous poor decisions and the parachute payment hole, the likes of Naismith, Klose, Pinto, Jarvis (Yes Matt fucking Jarvis) will still all be on 30k+ a week i'd guess. The chief exec has already planted the seed by saying that the figure you see for transfers isn't all received instantly, it's over installments so can't be reinvested immediately etc, which is true, but we also buy players in installments.

Short answer, I think we'll spend 5-10m this summer. Hopefully naismith fucks off the bald scottish cunt. 

• Subscriber

We're the most logical move in every way really. We're local to him, have a void for someone just like him meaning he'll get the game time and as others have stated, have a manager going into his second season (I admit, the stability argument could be blown to bits if we start badly).

I'm happy with this. I'm sceptical of spending big as we've not done it well very many times, but he's got some serious upside. I've barely read a bad word about him as player or character, Marc's reaction is quite telling as well. You can tell from the videos of him that he's got bags of talent. A set-piece taker, a good long-shot taker, and what impressed me a lot watching them is that he seems to turn really quickly. He's a very agile player and I like that.

Oh and he's about to win me £75. #DanKnew

• The title was changed to James Maddison's Move to Leicester Completed
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

£22m, fuck me.

I don't mind paying it more for a player who stands a good chance of shooting up in value. Hypothetically he has a good year for us, he's probably worth more than that in a year. I'd much rather pay it for him than say, Slimani or Adrien Silva who are both ageing.

It's a gamble at the price but I'm happy with it really.

38 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't mind paying it more for a player who stands a good chance of shooting up in value. Hypothetically he has a good year for us, he's probably worth more than that in a year. I'd much rather pay it for him than say, Slimani or Adrien Silva who are both ageing.

It's a gamble at the price but I'm happy with it really.

I'd also rather pay 22m for Maddison than 14m for Jacob Murphy or 10m for Josh Murphy.

Archived